So I did some testing with Decimation - Build Up

Underfyre

Also with Force Feedback +Recharge

Force Feedback +Recharge does not stack.

Build Up stacks though. Confirmed. Real bitch to pull off with an 11.59% * 11.59% (1.3427%) chance to pull off though.

I feel like it was a given that it stacks because you can have the buff up, then hit Aim with Gaussian's and have it activate as well and the buff is the same name in Combat Attributes (Boost Up), but it can be done. The practical use of this is absolutely nothing because even on a super fast recharging ability like Flares where you could theoretically (a stellar 0.4225% chance to occur) take advantage of the double proc, the chance to happen is so low that it may as well not be considered.

screenshot_200406-10-27-51.jpg

Edited by underfyre
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, underfyre said:

Force Feedback +Recharge does not stack.

My understanding from prior threads is that the +Recharge does not stack, but the duration is added on to the existing duration.

So, you do get benefit, just not doubled up recharge bonus.

• Like 1

These and the Guassian's proc (in Tactics specifically) were also tested in the Defender forums.  If you haven't checked that subforum out, I highly recommend it.  Sentinels and Defenders are kindred spirits in using one of their powersets to open slotting options like procs (at least prior to many of the "Proc Monster..." threads). 

So I had to go back and retest this for FF proc, as I recall Sir Myshkin being the first to point it out. The proc does not refresh+, but truly seems to stack in duration (as opposed to magnitude, like the Boost Up effect). For example, I went into a Fire Farm and used Knockout Blow and Footstomp immediately back-to-back and I received a 10 second duration for my FF proc.

I don't know the full mechanics of it, but it would seem it stacks only up to one additional time. I tested Cross Punch, waiting for the FF proc, when that fired I immediately went Foot Stomp and KoB. My buff still ended 10 seconds after the initial Cross Punch.

Then I tried a chain of attacks, starting with Cross Punch, then Foot Stomp, waited 5 seconds (still within 10 second window), used KoB, then Footstomp again, then KoB. Then I waited. Sure enough, the buff ran out 10 seconds after the 2nd Footstomp. So it appears one additional stack is all you get, but still, pretty nice.

+Ok, it does refresh too, but comes with up to one stack in duration (at least that's what my very short test seems to show)

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just now, underfyre said:

they have people recommending Kismets on sets with -Def, so I'm a little wary on exactly how knowledgeable those guys are.

The Kool Aid Self is STRONG with these ones ...  😓

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

38 minutes ago, underfyre said:

I've branched out to the Dominator forums, but they have people recommending Kismets on sets with -Def, so I'm a little wary on exactly how knowledgeable those guys are.

You do have to hit the 1st time before -Def does you any good.  Since you'll be leading with a Control usually, with a long cooldown, making sure you hit with that before any -Def is applied is a good idea.

19 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

You do have to hit the 1st time before -Def does you any good.  Since you'll be leading with a Control usually, with a long cooldown, making sure you hit with that before any -Def is applied is a good idea.

Which is mostly just a pressing concern when exemping down with +4s.

1 hour ago, underfyre said:

I've branched out to the Dominator forums, but they have people recommending Kismets on sets with -Def, so I'm a little wary on exactly how knowledgeable those guys are.

I don't frequent the Dominator forums much, but for Defenders you have folks like Bopper and Redlynne who haunt there frequently.  I tend to find their posts very well thought out.  

Don't get me wrong, they do have some people that will break stuff down as well as you do, but they're infrequent. The interest in a control class came on when I did a LGTF and we simply couldn't kill the Hami because we had no way to kill the green mitos. I went as far as starting up a Dominator spreadsheet and dropping in all the numbers to see where that dps at, but I started trying to make builds and it's just so hamfisted trying to cram in adequate recharge for perma-dom and get some kind of respectable all-around defense. Most of the builds I looked at were seemingly stacking Thunderstrikes trying to get maxed range defense and that's about it.

I'm thinking I'll just stick to my sent with a hold from the epic pools. From the numbers I'm getting out of a barely started sheet they seem to be similar to Sents in damage output.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, underfyre said:

Impossible to tell without the context, but seems it might be you that's missing something.

Here are two example scenarios:

1. Snipe is a central part of your single target attack chain.   Well then +Tohit = +Dmg, and in that scenario your -Def other the hand might = who cares, since on Dom's your accuracy is often already so high  from all the bonuses you get when chasing +Rech set bonuses for getting Perma-Dom/perm-Hasten.
  2. For survivability you really need your opening Mezz to reliably hit, so can't wait to build up some stacks of -Def.

Those are just the immediate two scenarios I thought of where +Tohit makes sense despite having -Def.      There are likely more that haven't occurred to either of us.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 4/6/2020 at 1:01 PM, underfyre said:

Don't get me wrong, they do have some people that will break stuff down as well as you do, but they're infrequent. The interest in a control class came on when I did a LGTF and we simply couldn't kill the Hami because we had no way to kill the green mitos. I went as far as starting up a Dominator spreadsheet and dropping in all the numbers to see where that dps at, but I started trying to make builds and it's just so hamfisted trying to cram in adequate recharge for perma-dom and get some kind of respectable all-around defense. Most of the builds I looked at were seemingly stacking Thunderstrikes trying to get maxed range defense and that's about it.

I'm thinking I'll just stick to my sent with a hold from the epic pools. From the numbers I'm getting out of a barely started sheet they seem to be similar to Sents in damage output.

Everyone knows you take a /Plant blaster for the green mitos!  😉