DPS spreadsheet interest inquiry

Underfyre

Definitely more enthusiasm here than the Sentinel boards. Probably because everyone is convinced Sentinels are not in the best place right now, but that's a different topic.

I'm currently bashing my head against trying to model pet dps. Did you guys know that Soulbound Allegiance adds a 3PPM build up (80%, not the 68% that Mids says) proc to every single attack your pet has and it stacks? That's bonkers.

8 hours ago, underfyre said:

Did you guys know that Soulbound Allegiance adds a 3PPM build up (80%, not the 68% that Mids says) proc to every single attack your pet has and it stacks? That's bonkers.

Hey! I'm interested as well. Reggarding this comment above..  thats great to know. The thing is that not too many Doms use that set because Expedient Reinforcement  offers + Rech + esist Pets unique + Def 6 slotted. 

With this info you sharing now i can consider to fit SA in some builds. 

Thanks a lot

Knowledge = Power

Kudos for the focus on Sentinels & Dominators.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I would really love to see this. I play controllers and Dominators exclusively and having tried lots of combos and testing builds on live and on the beta server it's obvious PLANT and FIRE offer the best damage. But I'd like to see which is THE BEST.

Plant has carrion creepers which are disgusting with dmg procs. But don't get fooled with any ole procs use only the TAOEs procs and impeded swiftness proc and you will see carrion creepers solo packs on its own. The strength of this power is propertional to mob density, with higher packs averaging the most vines to sprout. It's why Plant can solo the doors in BAFs with just carrion creepers doing a majority of the dmg before the mobs even step out. Roots does 2x more dmg than all other roots and ofcourse seeds is just nutty.

Fire obviously has its own damage aura with hot feet. Bonfire also does great damage over time along with being good CC to open on every spawn. Procs unfortunately don't work to well here since toggles get such a penalty to fire them.

30 minutes ago, Vinceq99 said:

Plant has carrion creepers which are disgusting with dmg procs. But don't get fooled with any ole procs use only the TAOEs procs and impeded swiftness proc and you will see carrion creepers solo packs on its own. The strength of this power is propertional to mob density, with higher packs averaging the most vines to sprout. It's why Plant can solo the doors in BAFs with just carrion creepers doing a majority of the dmg before the mobs even step out. Roots does 2x more dmg than all other roots and ofcourse seeds is just nutty.

Fire obviously has its own damage aura with hot feet. Bonfire also does great damage over time along with being good CC to open on every spawn. Procs unfortunately don't work to well here since toggles get such a penalty to fire them.

So based off of Bopper's work with PPM, toggles have a 10 second internal cooldown, and an activated ability will only proc one time over its duration. For Carrion Creepers it's virtually a guaranteed 90% proc chance yes, but it's also a 360 second base cooldown. So while you can stack 5 procs into it and add an additional 323ish damage (71.75 * 5 * 90%), it's being spread out over the egregious cooldown time, bringing its DPS down to the 35-45 dps range depending on how much global recharge you're running. Not very impressive over a sustained dps string, but for wiping out a spawn every 2 and a half minutes it's nice.

Bonfire's procs come out to 71.75 * 4 * 88.42% = 258.3 more damage, and it has a much higher base damage and lower recharge to work with, so it'll give you a lot more dps than creepers. And since it has higher base damage filling the other 2 slots leftover from the 4 procs with some Hami-Os or something to increase its base damage it a lot more beneficial.

55 minutes ago, underfyre said:

So based off of Bopper's work with PPM, toggles have a 10 second internal cooldown, and an activated ability will only proc one time over its duration. For Carrion Creepers it's virtually a guaranteed 90% proc chance yes, but it's also a 360 second base cooldown. So while you can stack 5 procs into it and add an additional 323ish damage (71.75 * 5 * 90%), it's being spread out over the egregious cooldown time, bringing its DPS down to the 35-45 dps range depending on how much global recharge you're running. Not very impressive over a sustained dps string, but for wiping out a spawn every 2 and a half minutes it's nice.

This isn't how creepers function. 

Yes much of the leg work has been done testing creepers. Nothing that I've seen definitive enough to write a guide or to publish it to become gospel.

I've tested it pretty extensively, but I can't find the post where I detailed it.

Long and short: creepers summons conditional pets that do different things. Each of those pets can use different procs when they activate their individual powers.

In my saturated target testing the best procs were TAoE and Immob and troller dam proc. And by best I mean seeing upwards of 70 instances of an individual proc (ie positron energy damage) over the lifetime of the power.

the duration of the summon is ~130 seconds so you can see upwards of an individual proc every 2 seconds.

The slow and knock-smash proc were less productive.

24 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

This isn't how creepers function. 

This is correct.

When I said I tested this out I meant I painstakingly looked at combat logs and counted every proc in creepers. Until you do this on your own you aren't a true believer of carrior creepers. The math takes assumptions and it's not until you do this for yourself you will see how much the targeted aoe procs every few secs on carrion creepers

My slotting for this power is one Ragnarok dmg+5 , 1 superior frozen blast A/D/R, one positron chance for energy, one javalon volley chance for lethal, one bombardment chance for fire, one annahilation chance for -res. 

26 minutes ago, underfyre said:

Well then I guess I'll have to do some testing with it and see if it does or not unless you can point me to a thread that shows someone's work.

Do your own work and you will see how this power behaves so differently. Summon carrior creepers with procs and then count every single proc you get on your combat log per spawn. You will see then which comes out ahead and which doesn't.

Alright. I already don't like trying to figure out Carrion Creepers.

I'm given this:

3 Ticks of 7.94 smashing damage over 5.20s on target

3 Ticks of 7.94 lethal damage over 5.20s on target

10000.00%% resistance to knockup for 15.00s on target/Ignores buffs and enhancements/unresistable

10000.00%% resistance to knock for 15.00s on target/Ignores buffs and enhancements/unresistable

100.00 knockup protection for 15.00s on target/unresistable

100.00 knock protection for 15.00s on target/unresistable

1.60 fly protection for 15.00s(15.00s) on target/unresistable

4.00 magnitude immobilize for 22.35s(22.35s) on target

-50.00%% run speed for 2m 0s on target

-50000.00%% jump height for 2m 0s on target/Ignores buffs and enhancements/unresistable

10.00 fly protection for 2m 0s(2m 0s) on target/unresistable

-3.50 max run speed for 2m 0s on target/Ignores buffs and enhancements

Nowhere does it mention Toxic damage, and yet it's doing toxic damage over time. And yes, it's also proc multiple times over it's duration, and even in a 10 second time span. It's also doing 8.89 smashing damage after a Pylons 20% resists, or 11.11ish, not 7.94. 3.55 (4.44) Lethal damage instead of also 7.94. Toxic comes in 2 flavors; Vine Smash doing 4.44 (5.55) and Vine Thorns doing 3.55 (4.44).

So yeah, if anyone has a link to the leg work that'd be great.

Ourodev to the rescue.

Scalar (1 = 44.49 for Toxic and 55.61 for Smashing at least).

During this time there is a 50% chance it will summon 1 Creeper Vine per enemy with a max of 10 every 10 seconds which will disappear after 15 seconds.

Creeper Vines have 2 attacks:

Vine Smash - 0.9s cast time, 4s recharge attack that does 0.2 * 55.61 = 11.12 Smashing Damage and a 90% chance to do  0.1 * 44.49 = 4.44 (16.02) Toxic Damage 4 times over 4 seconds.

Vine Thorn - 0.83s cast time, 4s recharge attack that does 0.1 * 55.61 = 5.56 Smashing Damage and a 90% chance to do  0.1 * 44.49 = 4.44 (16.02) Toxic Damage 4 times over 4 seconds.

Every enemy death will spawn a Creeper Patch that has 1 attack and despawns after 2 seconds.

Entangle - Auto Cast, 0s recharge attack that does 3 ticks of 0.1 * 55.61 = 5.56 (16.68) Smashing and Lethal Damage over 5.2 seconds. Target cap of 5, 8 Radius Sphere.

I'm not sure how "Period" and "Duration" interact. From looking at other powers and comparing them in game, 4.1 Duration does 5 ticks with 1 Period. Reading the Glossary tab says that Duration is obviously how long the effect last, and Period is how often it activates. So I'm guessing that anything between a numbers will round up to the highest number, so a 4.1 will have 5 ticks, where a 4 will have 4 ticks.

So my observed damage was correct at least. I'm going to assume that the Proc chances are based off of the pseudopet's attacks like it is with Voltaic Sentinel. So the procs have a 37.9% chance to proc off of Vine Smash and a 37.36% chance off of Vine Thorn. I'm not sure how it will interact with Entangles 0/0 cast/recharge, but if it goes off of those numbers it'd be 9.5%. If it treats it like a toggle with a 10 second internal cooldown on the proc it'll be 65.01% proc chance.

creepers.png

Edited by underfyre