Scrapper for Soloing & Flashbacks

DreamingLove

I want to make a Scrapper that is good at soloing. Specifically for doing Flash Back arcs.

The two main things I am looking for is:

1. Good protection again Mezes (I want to be CCed as little as possible for obvious reasons if I'm alone)
  2. A lot of damage, there are so many primary powersets, not sure which one to choose.

For my secondary, Willpower seems to have the most Mez protection against the main CCs like Hold, Stun, Immob and KB. Good Sleep resist too.

Edited by DreamingLove

Dark Melee is a good option for this. Smite is an excellent attack that you get early, and Soul Drain and Siphon Life have great utility. Plus the -tohit of Dark Melee will help out, especially at low levels assuming you're not softcapped.

War Mace is another option that doesn't get enough love. Fantastic single target, good AoE(which DM lacks), and good mitigation with all the kd and some stun.

If you are looking to run arcs for merits then the scrapper you are looking for might be a stalker. Stealth speeds things up considerably and stalkers get it at lv1. They also get more devastating burst single target damage which is all you really need for speed running. There are loads of good options, I'm a massive fan of km/ea, it gets going very quickly and ea can get very tough.

It also helps to know what you mean by "a lot of damage." Single target, AoE, both? Spines, Elec, and Rad do a lot of AoE, but are lacking or okay in terms of ST damage. As mentioned, Dark is great but is on the lower side for AoE. It also depends on what level range as some sets bloom later. For me the smoothest overall leveling sets 1-50 would be Claws or StJ. If you went stalker, then StJ would be an easy pick. Dark/wp might not have a lot of damage, but it would be damn near unkillable. Rad's heal is more inconsistent, but Rad/wp would also be sturdy with a bit more AoE. I wished Rad's animations were a bit better. There's honestly a number of good answers. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I'm currently running a Katana/WP Scrapper through low-level content: I'm at level 25 now, I think.  I like having High Pain Tolerance to mule both Gladiator's Armor and Steadfast Protection +3% Defense procs, along with the Impervious Skin +Regen/+Status Resistance proc.  I also put 4 Unbreakable Guard IOs into Mind Over Body for a smidge more defense, and the healing procs (Miracle, Preventive, Regenerative) go into Fast Healing and Health.  And of course, Perf Shifters in Quick Recovery and Stamina (only need 2 slots in each, so far).  When I hit 27, I plan to slot Numina's in RttC.  I also plan to slot Panacea when I can find one.

(edit) Here's my current build, except all of my common IOs are level 25 and the IO sets are all attuned.  I don't know how to change their value in Mid's, so I left them at the maximum.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Katana Steele: Level 26 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Katana
Secondary Power Set: Willpower
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Gambler's Cut -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(3), Dmg-I(3)
Level 1: High Pain Tolerance -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), ImpSki-Status(5), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(5)
Level 2: Sting of the Wasp -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(7), Dmg-I(7)
Level 4: Flashing Steel -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(9), Dmg-I(11)
Level 6: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13)
Level 8: Divine Avalanche -- Acc-I(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(15)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 12: Fast Healing -- Prv-Absorb%(A), RgnTss-Regen+(17)
Level 14: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 16: Rise to the Challenge -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(19)
Level 18: The Lotus Drops -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(19), Dmg-I(21)
Level 20: Quick Recovery -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(21)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), Ksm-ToHit+(23)
Level 24: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: [Empty] 
Level 28: [Empty] 
Level 30: [Empty] 
Level 32: [Empty] 
Level 35: [Empty] 
Level 38: [Empty] 
Level 41: [Empty] 
Level 44: [Empty] 
Level 47: [Empty] 
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9)
------------

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

You will be swamped with choice. Scrapper is great and you can't go wrong with it. Claws and Dark Melee shine for starting very early, and nowadays Dark Melee went from being ugh to be a good low level choice since Shadow Maul turned into the sort of cone other sets envy (Psi Melee is looking at you).

Both are good so personal taste and the flip of a coin might help.

If you are going to flashback it is important to have a set that starts early. Katana is great but one ST attack at 26 and the other at 32 does not good examplaring make (though the cone and the +defense attack are acceptable for ST damage in the low levels).

I'm going to say that for a secondary Rad Armor just because of Radiation Therapy at level 16. It completely negates Endurance problems while being a good heal with a fast recharge for AoE situations. Beta Decay also helps with low level recharge when LotGs aren't active.

• Like 2

I'd go Psy/WP or DM/WP, both dmg types are probably the least resisted in game, psy has better burst and better aoe and a greta dmg mitigation at lvl 32 while DM has an earlier dmg mitigation and the most awesome build up power in game.

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

I ran my Stalker through a completion run and ran through all the arcs, etc.   STJ/EA went good.  But I've given this some thought.  

I think a (Favorite Primary)/Ninja Scrapper would be a good choice for something like this.  You get a self heal, Endurance heal, In set Stealth, with lots and lots of movement from a low level.