May 2020 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone!

Homecoming is now officially 1 year old, and in 3 days City of Heroes will be 16 years old! In celebration of the anniversaries, @GM Miss is hosting two contests - a screenshot contest which is running until May 1st, and a costume contest on May 2nd. Additionally, players who log into the game during the month of May will receive the Resurgent badge, so don’t forget to log in on any characters that you want the badge on! For more information about the anniversaries and festivities, please see our latest Homecoming Server Update

April 2020 Breakdown

Last month we accepted $6,583.43 in donations - $39.94 over our target for the month.

Here is the breakdown of what the April funds went towards:

• $4,820.39 to OVH for our hosting
  • $1,108.30 to our lawyers for their services through February 29th
  • $300.00 for our Delaware LLC franchise tax
    • “DELAWARE CORP &” in our PayPal history
  • $125.00 for our Registered Agent service as required by Delaware state law
    • “CORPORATE FILINGS LLC” in our PayPal history
  • $101.79 for our Google G-Suite Business account
    • + $12.59 for Google Voice
  • $30.00 for our 1&1 IONOS domain & outbound email service
  • $25.00 to Paperspace for an Air instance with a static IP address
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira Cloud instance (10-user)
  • $9.73 for security / administration software
  • $9.10 to Transferwise
    • This is the wiring fee to pay our lawyers
  • $5.00 for a license for the Plateia Bold font
    • Used for some art assets
    • “Payment to Steve Gardner” in our PayPal history - this is the author of the font

image.thumb.png.b75e3f98d3c5babc297fbe6d6b97f6a4.png

May 2020

In April we received an unexpected $199.99 charge from GoDaddy for a 1-year renewal on a code signing certificate which was the result of an issue on GoDaddy’s side. If we are able to receive a refund for this charge then this amount will be put towards June’s operating expenses. Otherwise, our only additional expense for the month of May is $10.00 for our primary domain renewal.

In total, the donation target for May 2020 is $5,174.32. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,820.39 to OVH for our hosting
  • $199.99 to GoDaddy for the 1-year renewal of the code signing certificate
  • $114.38 for our Google G-Suite Business account
    • This includes the $12.83 Google Voice line
  • $30.00 to 1&1 IONOS for domain services & outgoing email
  • $25.00 for the Paperspace Air instance
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira Cloud instance (10-user)
  • $10.00 for our primary domain renewal
  • $9.73 for the security / administration software

Our donation goal has been met and donations are now closed. Thank you for your support!

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $5,174.32 and will automatically close once that target is met.

As always, thank you for the incredible support! We can’t wait to see everyone’s screenshots and costumes in the anniversary contests!

- The Homecoming Team

• Thanks 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Cipher featured this topic

Done! I am one of the 25-30 million people who is currently unemployed so it cant be as much as I would have liked to donate but if it wasn't for CoH the last 8 weeks would have been INSANE!!!

Thanks for helping keep me sane during these crazy times.

Edited by theDarkeOne
  • Like 2

Completely missed this one!  But thanks a TON for the great work and the awesome resurrection (Defibrillation inbound!!!) of this super game!  I played it from day one (got a pre-release version from Game Stop back in the day) and missed it terribly when NCSOFT bailed on it.  Soooooo glad you could bring it back to life!  Keep it coming!  And, while I know the peculiarities of the not-for-profit status prevent you from moving to any sort of direct pay-to-play model, if there is a legal way to add some developer time/value to the overhead, count me in!