Radiation Armo f/x

They need to add a no FX option to ALL armors. All of them.

I'm sick of being on fire all the time just cuz I took fire epic armor from the epic pool.

Sick of psychic armor making me glow pulsing rings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tankshock said:

Is there a way to make some of the toggle armors less obnoxious?  I'm surprised that a new powerset has such dominant f/x.  I can always reroll, but I kinda wanted to try something different.

Negative, Ghost Rider.

Moar X-Rays please. 

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

The best you can do is play around with the colours to something very dull.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

It is possible to make most power effects disappear at a certain distance as defined by the user.
Type /SuppressCloseFx 1     enter

Then Type  /SuppressCloseFxDist 35    enter     (.... The 35 can be any number)
This will disable the armor effects when scrolled in and in most missions, but allow you to see them scrolled out medium distance outside. Play around with the number until you find a setting you like.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 5:10 PM, ZeeHero said:

They need to add a no FX option to ALL armors. All of them.

I'm sick of being on fire all the time just cuz I took fire epic armor from the epic pool.

Sick of psychic armor making me glow pulsing rings.

A big part of character creation, in my opinion, is figuring out how your powers work from a narrative standpoint.  Maybe just because I'm old-school and had to work with these things before power customization even existed, but I'd rather come up with a reason why my character is on fire than try to hide it.  It feels more comic-book-y that way.

I normally like to see my character's armour powers and put a lot of work into integrating them into their costume (I'll make an exception for all the chitin in Bio Armour...).

However, the 'fizzing' particle effect in Alpha Barrier and Particle Shielding makes my head hurt just to look at them. I'd like to be able to shut just these off, or swap with an alternative effect.

On 5/9/2020 at 7:53 PM, AkuTenshiiZero said:

A big part of character creation, in my opinion, is figuring out how your powers work from a narrative standpoint.  Maybe just because I'm old-school and had to work with these things before power customization even existed, but I'd rather come up with a reason why my character is on fire than try to hide it.  It feels more comic-book-y that way.

if my character has a heat shield most of the time the shield is invisible, it makes no sense to be on fire with fire armor unless specified. the option to hide FX hurts no one and helps most of us.

• Like 2