Palette fun

Greycat

On 5/17/2020 at 7:40 PM, Greycat said:

So, for a while back on live there was a thread (or two) where someone picked random color palettes (from one of .. many sites on the web) and had people try to come up with costumes using that theme.......................................

On 5/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, Oubliette_Red said:

I've been wanting to restart this as well @Greycat

Back on Legacy systhspawn used to run the thread and provided sketch drawings to the winners. Sadly I cannot draw.........................................

I can. zb7XgP0P_o.png

@Oubliette_Red You misspelled his name but I found his DA account anyway tongue.gif

are these the prize sketches you are referring to? I think I could do something similar.

d2am9ep-6c8e2a21-1deb-4c59-b639-9f15e82f     goblin_queen_sketch_by_sythspawn_d2zsr5i     d29at8n-72425223-34f7-462a-9d65-e41ea2d2     d1ymyzu-2c566308-858a-4bce-b843-2da10826

Out of curiosity though why use a website like ColourLovers instead of just picking colors right from the CC

so there is no confusion and debate (e.g. is the dress blue/black or white/gold). Thoughts?

I should mention the art above was done by Sythspawn and depicts Vivace for Vivace,

Goblin Queen for @Goblin Queen, Lady Lilith for ScooterTwo and Angel Red for @Oubliette_Red.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

11 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

I can. zb7XgP0P_o.png

@Oubliette_Red You misspelled his name but I found his DA account anyway tongue.gif

are these the prize sketches you are referring to? I think I could do something similar.

d2am9ep-6c8e2a21-1deb-4c59-b639-9f15e82f     goblin_queen_sketch_by_sythspawn_d2zsr5i     d29at8n-72425223-34f7-462a-9d65-e41ea2d2     d1ymyzu-2c566308-858a-4bce-b843-2da10826

Out of curiosity though why use a website like ColourLovers instead of just picking colors right from the CC

so there is no confusion and debate (e.g. is the dress blue/black or white/gold). Thoughts?

Yep, those are the ones. And yeah, sorry, didn't realize that I had added and extra s in there.  🤪

I also agree with using the in-game palette for consistency.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Ju ken't hyd teh artz frum meh! 07K1tHnz_o.png

errrrr I mean, no worries there @Oubliette_Red.

Many thanks for the feedback, I will go that route then.

I noticed people like  @Techwright, @Cutter@biostem, @EmmySky

and @Kingfinger  having to ask about or guess-timate what the palette colors

translated to in the CC and I would prefer to avoid that confusion.

The question now is if I build it how many will show up???

**cough cough ~ link in sig ~ cough**
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

I do love color!

Yes, palettes from the game would be easier to match, but ya know, the variations as different people tried to match the off-palette was interesting too!

*logs in on computer to see the signature linky*

• Like 3

You make a good point @EmmySky there's something to be said for figuring out what colors are

closest first before you decide what to create and it does give some wiggle room but it could

also be a barrier to entry for some. An extra step they had to "figure out" before getting

to the "fun part" if you will. Several people ended up asking others to solve the "what'n the

heck color is this?" for them (SKIP!) and I wanted everyone to feel they could just jump right in.

• Like 4

07K1tHnz_o.png