Palette fun

Greycat

So, for a while back on live there was a thread (or two) where someone picked random color palettes (from one of .. many sites on the web) and had people try to come up with costumes using that theme. Not a "contest," really, just seeing what could be done.

Thought it might be fun to try here...

So to start out, I'll use this site, Colourlovers. We'll just pick a palette and see who comes up with what over a week (or so.)

And yeah, COH's palette is limited, so... "close enough" works. 🙂 

First palette - Intoxicated Heroics

. COLOURlovers.com-Intoxicated_Heroics.png

• Like 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I've been wanting to restart this as well @Greycat

Back on Legacy systhspawn used to run the thread and provided sketch drawings to the winners. Sadly I cannot draw. 🙂 But some of the character I made in that thread I ended up playing.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

17 minutes ago, ArchVileTerror said:

So far Cutter has the winning design, I think, but is it missing a colour?

Thank you. And sadly, yes it is 😞

I just couldn't dig up anything in the COH palette to match that second stripe (blue-biege? bleige?). Thinking on it now, I suspect the closest I could get to it would be using the blend effect somewhere. Hmmm...

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

I kind of assume these will have some "close enough" -  there may be some palettes that are hard enough to tell one color from another. They're just something to have fun with!

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

5 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

In other words:  We need the Devs to unlock more Spectrum pieces!   *em protest*

Beggers a long-standing question in my mind:  what would it truly take to open up a wide arrange of colors?  The engine may not handle it, but I'm thinking of those color graphs in some other MMO's predating 2010 where you just move the dot around until it lands on the color you want.

Apologies if this detracts too much from the thread.  I rather like what you've started Greycat!

6 hours ago, Cutter said:

I just couldn't dig up anything in the COH palette to match that second stripe (blue-biege? bleige?). Thinking on it now, I suspect the closest I could get to it would be using the blend effect somewhere. Hmmm...

Seems more of a chalkboard green to me.  Not that I want to get into one of those "Is it blue or is it gold" kind of discussions.  Might it help to isolate the color so the eyes aren't influenced by the others?

chalkboard green.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Seems more of a chalkboard green to me.  Not that I want to get into one of those "Is it blue or is it gold" kind of discussions.  Might it help to isolate the color so the eyes aren't influenced by the others?

Yeah good call on that. Dumb*** me didn't actually to the page, just worked with the palette. Had I gone to the page I would have seen the individual colour breakdown better...

image.png.627cbdde773abcf09ba488e5bb89f6a9.png

Back to the drawing board!

• Like 1

@Cutter

OK, so I totally cheated with the pants here 🙂 but this looks about as close as the colours are gonna get to hitting everything. Seeing the expanded palette told me I needed darken up the purple a shade, as well as the "sand" (it's not quite dark enough but I can't find anything that fits better).

image.png.30a320baa0694dd024a95b48a07b060a.pngimage.png.12ecc6e58c4bac1efa23f6d6239a7bbb.png

intox.costume

@Cutter

10 hours ago, Cutter said:

The colours in the far right 2 columns tend to be the more washed-out pastel colours of that chalkboard green. If you meant the 2nd stripe, I'd call that more of a faded camo green.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Eh, don't think I matched very well...

Mostly picked this character because her hair already matched one of the colors pretty well!

Palette 1 intox heroics.png

What's slightly annoying is dealing with how some items materials altered the tone.

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 2

OK. Sunday. New palette day!

I give you... Freshhh. Four colors this time.

COLOURlovers.com-Freshhh.png

um . . . 

While not -exactly- the same . . . those are pretty much the Trans Pride Flag colours.

Transgender Pride Flag - LGBT Trans Rainbow Classic Round Sticker ...

WELL!  We /are/ planning an event for two weeks from now:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/18994-come-together-for-pride-2020-costume-and-biography-contests-june-7/

Shall we also put up a rainbow palette as well and inspire players to make characters for attendance purposes?

• Like 1

Honestly, this palette more makes me want ice cream. 😄

• Haha 1

Already used that color scheme on one of my mains costumes, Daikata, Nature/Psy Defender!

2002569692_AtlasPark5_25_20203_42_45AM(2).png.1292a6f257a38448374f1ad52497c2f6.png

And here's one I made specifically for this thread, Jamie Frost, Ice/Ice or Ice/Martial Blaster (have not decided which yet.)

1602758957_Jamiefrost2.thumb.png.64c7dd581fa1dc5fcb4480880482c67a.png

Edited by Derfindorf
  • Like 2

Looking through, I had one that was close enough to the base colors to do some modifications. Whispering Wynn (which I think I liked better than Wind's Whisper on the rename.)

Palette 2 Freshhh Whispering Wynn.png