What do you do once you collect them all?

Glacier Peak

6 hours ago, Voltor said:

make another alt and get em all again!

Only this time with notes taken from the previous alts badge runs I can streamline the process a bit

It's funny, but I found that when I went through content on my badger, I wasn't really paying attention to or enjoying the storylines in the game. Surprisingly to me, I really just focused on getting that BADGE EARNED pop up.

So I rolled a new alt the other day and it's actually nice being able to play through the game without thinking about how many more defeats I need or whether I passed by a history plaque and forgot to click it.

• Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• 2 weeks later
On 5/26/2020 at 5:10 PM, Voltor said:

make another alt and get em all again!

Only this time with notes taken from the previous alts badge runs I can streamline the process a bit

Sheer madness! 

For me, when I got 'em all, I took a screenshot, then logged off and played something else. And I probably won't play that character again until another badge becomes available. 

On 6/6/2020 at 11:22 PM, Ukase said:

Sheer madness! 

For me, when I got 'em all, I took a screenshot, then logged off and played something else. And I probably won't play that character again until another badge becomes available. 

My main alt logs in once in awhile, but mainly rests in the mists of legend now. 

Also thanks to the notes I had back then and supplmented with new data now, I can rack up many badges far faster then ever.

master of badges and the itrial badges still take about the same amount of time, but that is to be expected.

• Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

14 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Great quote!

Edit: Ok Google tells me this was from Hans Gruber in 'Die Hard'. Even more awesome!

Well, technically, it's been around a LOT longer, although no one is completely certain who from, although a lot of people believe it was Plutarch.

Sit Thomas Wyatt wrote it as follows in 1527 

"Alexander, whan he herde Anaxarchus argue that there were infynite worldes, it is said that he wept. And whan his frendes asked hym what thing had happened him to be wept for: “Is it nat to be wept for,” quod he, “syns they say there be infynite worldes, and we are nat yet lorde of one?”

Although I like Hans Gruber's better 😉

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, killigraphy said:

Considering no one will be getting the Bug Hunter and several other badges, they'll always be that "one that got away" feeling.

But ideally speaking? I'm always badge hunting. Something to do while I wait for BAF to fill or waiting on a TF.

I could've sworn I've seen someone with Bug Hunter on Indom, but without proof consider it speculation. Has anyone confirmed a sighting on HC? Could any awesome HC volunteer staff confirm it has been awarded?

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

20 hours ago, killigraphy said:

Considering no one will be getting the Bug Hunter and several other badges, they'll always be that "one that got away" feeling.

But ideally speaking? I'm always badge hunting. Something to do while I wait for BAF to fill or waiting on a TF.

Several other badges?  To which do you refer to?

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 4:09 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Simple question for anyone who has hit the current badge limit.

Make 23 more badgers, and collect them all on those chars.  I'm at 26,926 badges total on my 24 chars, but I'm sure I've missed a few.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I know of the three remaining Incarnate badges for their respective unlocks, disabled AE badges, Promethean if you don't exchange for reward, Bug Hunter, April Fools (though I struggled to unlock this permanent, even on my private server. Seemed to disappear on zoning). Any others?

Promethean should appear in accolades with the convert option.

Bug Hunter is special and doesn't count towards the total as I recall

Incarnate power after Hybrid weren't put in prior to shut down so unless HC comes up with the powers there is no need to worry about those badges

Aprils Fools badge is just a joke badge, it appears then is gone.

• 1 month later

I will not do this again... i still have PVP ones to get which will be a pain.

Then the Keys and TPN masters... yeah right trying to get a league all together on the same page?  It took me weeks just to get Master Miss Lib because I could not get 8 people to listen for 1 hr.

4 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

I will not do this again... i still have PVP ones to get which will be a pain.

Then the Keys and TPN masters... yeah right trying to get a league all together on the same page?  It took me weeks just to get Master Miss Lib because I could not get 8 people to listen for 1 hr.

I've found doing a couple of iterations of these Masters' works better than crossing your fingers one person doesn't screw it up. The two arena badges which require patience and coordination are also a pain, as you said.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Hopefully find some more, you know....hey..... didn't they say they were going to make it a uniform 8 exploration badges per Zone. Why is there only one in Cimerora?

Creeeaaak Snap! Rumble, .....( Hears Midnighter Club Lobby floor give out under the weight of hundreds of badge obsessed heroes )

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

2 hours ago, Marine X said:

Hopefully find some more, you know....hey..... didn't they say they were going to make it a uniform 8 exploration badges per Zone. Why is there only one in Cimerora?

Creeeaaak Snap! Rumble, .....( Hears Midnighter Club Lobby floor give out under the weight of hundreds of badge obsessed heroes )

Always happy to snag more! Exploration badges comes with interesting background.

Pocket D Zone Tour

On 6/6/2020 at 11:22 PM, Ukase said:

Sheer madness! 

Once you isolate which badges require team ups for example:

1. any Task force or Strike force ( yes some of us can solo them at times but not all)

2. The no defeat/no temp master badges

3. Arena badges, especially swiss draw (so glad all my incarnates have that one now)

4. The three badges for assisting with weekly TF

5. incarnate trial badges

6. some of the holiday event badges such as: halloween banners, hunting jack/eochai/unseelies (soloable but more efficient with team/league), Lord Winter and Winter Lord,

7. AV's in Recluse victory (again some can solo these, best worked on a team)

Then you can just solo the rest such as

1. the defeat badges

2. Ouroborus

3. Map badges

4. history badges

5. inventions

and more.

You can collect the badges at a quicker pace.

• 4 weeks later

Several of the "retired" AE badges were repurposed by Homecoming for the reject inspiration/recipe badges and vet levels. Bug Hunter and Promethean don't increase your displayed badge total, and as was mentioned the incarnate slots beyond Hybrid were never implemented on Live and so there were never badges for unlocking them.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later