Ice Manipulation -> Frigid Protection

Hello Devs.

After some careful and concentrated study/testing about how this power operates, I believe (as was explained to me by Bopper) that the range of this ability for endurance calculation needs to be set to 0 as it's affecting the "chance for" procs for the endurance based IO's that go into it.  While it is an ability that has an AoE component to it (slowing mobs and deflecting attacks), that AoE has nothing to do with the endurance recovery that the ability generates.

As I've done testing with Power Transfer in stamina vs frigid protection, I get an extremely poor proc rate with the "chance to heal self" from power transfer solely based upon the range the toggle power has.  Whereas if I equip this IO into stamina, I get a proc rate average that is exactly on par with what I'd expect.

Can you please look into correcting (at least from my perspective) how this power calculates the endurance regeneration based upon the equipped IO's in that calculation?

If you have any questions, let me know.

Icecomet

50 Blaster - Everlasting

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

6 hours ago, Vanden said:

It sounds like you want to either nerf an amazing power just so it’s slightly better with IOs, or you want the power to be allowed to cheat the IO proc rules. Either way, it’s a definite No from me.

He's referring to the fact Frigid Protection is a power with 2 main effects. The first effect is the debuff, that has a 30 foot radius and hits targets. The other is a recovery buff that only affects self and has no relation to the AoE debuff. The recovery is not impacted by targets or allies within its radius, it basically is a buffing auto power that is combined with an AoE debuff.

What the OP is suggesting is to have procs use the AoE of the effect they're associated with. In this case, the Endurance Modification proc only applies to the effect that is a self auto-power. This would have the Proc use an Area Factor of 1, instead of a modified area factor of 4.375.

Procs that go into the other effects would still use the Area Factor in its proc chances, as the effect can hit all targets within its radius.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Why do they all have to get the power at the exact same lvl?  Some controllers get AE hold at 18.... some at 26.

Some tanks get their AE quite early.... some quite late.

What's really wrong with a bit of variety?

I suspect though, it was a question of what power would you give them earllier, and/or just a question of what the OLD powerset looked like, BEFORE they gave each blasters secondary a +Recovery power. They likely just picked a toggle or click power to grant the effect to, and decided that would cause less disruption, AND require less enforced respecs, than if they actually shifted around what level you get each power at. 

11 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Why do they all have to get the power at the exact same lvl?  Some controllers get AE hold at 18.... some at 26.

Some tanks get their AE quite early.... some quite late.

What's really wrong with a bit of variety?

I suspect though, it was a question of what power would you give them earllier, and/or just a question of what the OLD powerset looked like, BEFORE they gave each blasters secondary a +Recovery power. They likely just picked a toggle or click power to grant the effect to, and decided that would cause less disruption, AND require less enforced respecs, than if they actually shifted around what level you get each power at. 

You mean the "Only" variety... not a bit. Best guess it was probably set to mimic the old days and taking stamina at 20 and then all of a sudden having soooooo much more freedom.

As to your last paragraph, I direct you to the Darkness Manipulation discussion I attempted to start link in my signature. It needs more love then any other blaster set by far... IMO.

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

55 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Ice isn't the only set to get its sustain before 20; Energy gets Energize at 16.

I stand corrected, but it as also a poor substitute for +recovery until you get it perma'd which is normally not done before lvl 20 that's for sure. But you carry a point.

Edited by Snowdaze

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!