Are there any plans to fix Leveling Pacts?

If not, can we please get that put on the todo list somewhere? Cause they were such a cool feature, but they were broken even on live and here they've been outright disabled. But for those of us who love playing paired characters they were so useful simply for not having to worry about one person pulling far ahead in levels.

The last official comment I could find was from last November saying 'not Soon', but that was six months ago so here I am being a squeaky wheel.

If there's no upcoming plan to fix them I can understand that, they're a niche feature at best as much as I personally love them and as I understand it they're pretty deeply broken. But in that case, perhaps removing the invite option from the UI might be a good idea so people like me don't see it and get their hopes up.

• Like 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

How much do you think its exploitable with 2XP and a fire farm brute ? Pact back and forth between multiple player x7, PL 7 more.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

10 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

How much do you think its exploitable with 2XP and a fire farm brute ? Pact back and forth between multiple player x7, PL 7 more.

So, double XP. Split between two people (since, as I recall, it did split the XP) so... XP. Do it with multiple people, they all level slower. It would be more efficient to bring them all on at once and just doorsit without a pact for ... what, an hour?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I was just browsing the Forums and saw this topic and thought how I would like to see the Leveling Pact returned to the game. I don't understand what the original problem was exactly, though I take it was something to do with the fact it could be exploited and it centered around the 2x Experience from P2W and probably the same with the temporary Experience Power. I am guessing a person could earn EXP with those powers and then when the earned EXP was transfered to another toon that bulk EXP could also be multiplied by 2X Experience... So it's this multiplicity issue If I am understanding the problem correctly.

So I was thinking there might be an easy work around to fix this problem. Instead of transferring a bulk number of EXP which which can then be multiplied... and made even more difficult with a scaling issue; if one character is say earning a 100,000 EXP at high level and then it's transfered to a character still at a lower level. Instead, I was thinking the Level Pact could instead of tracking Experience Points, it could track the number of EXP Bubbles earned.

So for example, one character is online leveling up. They have 2X Exp on for part of the time, and don't see it's expired for a while, then they refreash it. The entire time they are only netting half the total as the other half is being with held for the leveling pact. When they quit playing for that session, and say for instance they made exactly two level. Each Level has 10 Bubbles of EXP, so 20 total were earned. All that exp would have been divided in half for the Leveling Pact the entire time, no matter what multipliyer was on or not. Then when the other Character in in the Leveling Pact logs on, they would recieve a flat 20 Bubbles of EXP or 2 levels.

I was thinking it would be even possible to allow for Leveling Pacts at any level as long as both Characters were at the same level. So for example, two characters, both level 30 could form a Pact. One might be 30.9 or nine Bubbles in and say the other is a newely level 30.1 or 1 Bubble in. The Pact would then see there is an 8 Bubble difference and give a Promt asking if both wanted to proceed. They Higher character would then drop 4 Bubbles and be level 30.5, while the other wold be raised to 30.5. The leving Pact could only be entered into when both Characters where the same level, so as to avoid EXP scaling issues for higher levels.

Would an idea like this fix the Leveling Pact problem?

On 5/31/2020 at 3:10 AM, Outrider_01 said:

You could only have a level pact with 1 other person at a time.  To my recollection, it was far, far less efficient a method to power level someone as well.  You are much better off doing it the "old fashioned" way.