Giant Monster Task Force

Marjent

Hello,

I want to suggest, if possible, that a local Giant Monster task force created for those whom enjoy hunting them. It is quite popular, after taking down Eochai and Jack, everyone wants to go looking for more. Forming pick-up leagues to arrest Giant Monsters appears to be quite intriguing, especially, when you arrive a couple of seconds late after the take down. In short, GM's, players want more of them, why not a pick-up style task force or hunting task force for GM's, should be quite popular. This is just my opinion based on what I have seen while playing. Either way, I really enjoy this game and I am most appreciative of what the Homecoming Staff has done for us. Thank you.

Edited by Marjent

Mmm. Yeah, I think the merits might be an issue with "do this as a task force." I do enjoy joining GM hunting parties on occasion, though. I don't think I'd mind either a temporary "GM hunting"  ... pseudo-TF, which gives alerts and locations for an hour (and pushes some GM spawns, of course.) Or an actual TF where "The GMs are agitated and attacking," where it's instanced and, perhaps, you have to also stop whatever's summoning them - which would have the advantage of not disrupting *normal* GM spawns.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I think size is the issue for that. Jade Spider, I think, is the largest thing we fight and its targeting always seems really weird to me.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

10 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

When you defeat a GM in AE, do you receive either merits or a badge?

No, just like you can't summon Lord Recluse or DE Giant Monsters and receive the Usurper badge or rewards. You can, fun fact, get Vanguard Merits from Rikti in AE though. It's way inferior to mothership raids however. 

36 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

I would love Godzilla sized monsters to fight!

spacer.png

We call that Boomtown Drive in Movie Night.

Over in The Hollows, they only play disaster movies that involve meteors from space hitting the center of the zone as the theatrical excuse for the crater.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.