Praetorian SG

Ukase

Technically there is ... but the methodology is a bit hacktackular.

First, register a SG either redside or blueside (it doesn't really matter which).

Second, invite goldside alts (using /altinvite to do so) into the SG and promote (at least) one of them to maximum SG level.

Third, have the original registrar character quit the SG ... leaving only the goldside members in the SG.

Fortunately, you can just make a "junk" Level 1 red/blue character to do the registration (I recommend blue for the short trip to City Hall in Atlas after skipping the tutorial) that you intend to delete once you've got the goldside alts set up as the SG leader(s).  This is possible to do because Supergroups are faction agnostic.  I've got a personal SG for all of my alts to share between red, blue and gold simultaneously.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Yeah, I get that we can just use the SG TP Macro to use the base, along with /altinvite as you suggest. 

Given the upcoming change where we'll get access to SOs by level 5, it just seemed to me more folks might be willing to do gold content; and possibly form a group to do said content together. But, it was curious to me that there are currently no SG portals, nor registrars in Praetoria - at least, not that I know of. 

It makes me wonder why the original devs didn't allow for that, and thought perhaps the HC devs might make the change. 

Really we should be either getting a Powers Division Unit registry in one of the precinct buildings and a Resistance Cell registry from the Underground.

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

"Resistance Cell registry."

. . . sorry.  I just find that amusing.

But, yeah, the cells -do- have something akin to that in the lore already.  I think it's called The Static?   You make use of it a few times in early Resistance story arcs.  Seems the appropriate justification for establishing multiple Resistance cell networks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd rather the Registration locations not be factionalized, since someone may just start up an SG that are apartments in one of the nearby buildings. Perhaps add an office to the Tram building in Nova Praetoria.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

"Resistance Cell registry."

. . . sorry.  I just find that amusing.

But, yeah, the cells -do- have something akin to that in the lore already.  I think it's called The Static?   You make use of it a few times in early Resistance story arcs.  Seems the appropriate justification for establishing multiple Resistance cell networks.

Yeah I thought that as soon as I posted it but whatcha gonna do? A vendor style contact in a back street that will only speak to resistance members maybe?  The Static is good lore but if you're just starting maybe not.

'Need a safe house for your cell? I got you covered."

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I'd rather the Registration locations not be factionalized, since someone may just start up an SG that are apartments in one of the nearby buildings. Perhaps add an office to the Tram building in Nova Praetoria.

Well they'd be as much factionalized as Red/Blue currently are perhaps. An in world justification that probably wouldn't be used I suppose.

Forget all that! We just need more people to play Gold!

Edited by Darmian

Easiest thing to do for a SG Registrar would be to put a computer terminal into each of the Goldside Banks that are above ground (which Resistance can walk into, no problem).  The whole thing would be done as a "real estate deal" for space in the city via the Bank, rather than through City Hall (or the redside equivalent).  If you're Resistance, just imagine yourself dealing with a financing agent who is a member of the Syndicate and the rest flows from there.

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

5 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Easiest thing to do for a SG Registrar would be to put a computer terminal into each of the Goldside Banks that are above ground (which Resistance can walk into, no problem).  The whole thing would be done as a "real estate deal" for space in the city via the Bank, rather than through City Hall (or the redside equivalent).  If you're Resistance, just imagine yourself dealing with a financing agent who is a member of the Syndicate and the rest flows from there.

This works!! Sign me up for this.

• Like 1

• 4 months later

I'm hoping that since Base beacons and portals are being added to the Praetorian zones with Issue 27, that Praetorians will be able to create SGs on their own SoonTM.

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

The possibility of migrating an already existing Praet populated SG to a registrar in Praetoria if that comes in?

Hmm.  I need to test that with Red/Blue. Might be a moot point.