wait... what crits and what doesn't?

Bill Z Bubba

I find myself confused. I just saw exploding shuriken crit ... I thought ONLY scrapper primary powers criticaled. If that's not the case, why doesn't EVERYTHING a scrapper can use crit? I know SS-Flurry doesn't. Is it the beer and pot? Am I just confused and hallucinating? WTH is going on? What *should* be going on?

• Haha 1

Hmmm, well for a power to crit, it has to have the effect attached to the power. For instance, Cross Punch can crit, but it's 5% chance on everything as opposed to also having a 10% chance on harder targets.

Some effects simply forgot to have the crit included. For instance, Shred from Savage Melee is missing this effect, so it will never crit (this is an obvious bug, hopefully it gets fixed).

I suppose if you want an easy way of seeing if a power crits or not you could use the old City of Data and look at damage scales. Those scales bake in a crit chance and make for weird damage scale numbers. It isn't perfect, and should be cross-compared to Homecoming, but it would be a fast way to see what crits and what didn't from back on live.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I thought it was supposed to be that only Secondary powers that didn't crit: Icicles and other damage auras, Dark Consumption, etc, and that Epics and other pools were supposed to.

Also: pet effects don't crit, that's why Lightning Rod doesn't crit.

Just checked the Scrapper I'm logged in with now, and Arcane Bolt shows chance to crit. (5% chance for 77.85 energy damage). (yeah I know, I'm about to respec into Moonbeam.)

Edited by ninja surprise

Actually, I just looked it up. Flurry does crit at a 5% chance

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

4 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Actually, I just looked it up. Flurry does crit at a 5% chance

And yet I never saw it when I was testing. Makes one question if the numbers shown in game can be trusted at all. Are they text or actually pulling from the real backend tables?

Edit: And thinking about it... they should ALL be fixed. Every attack that a scrapper uses should follow the same crit formula.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

And yet I never saw it when I was testing. Makes one question if the numbers shown in game can be trusted at all. Are they text or actually pulling from the real backend tables?

Edit: And thinking about it... they should ALL be fixed. Every attack that a scrapper uses should follow the same crit formula.

I agree that every attack should do 5% chance to crit. But I also like having the primary get the benefit of 10% chance to crit on Bosses, etc.

In your testing, did you try using the ATO to proc a Critical Buff? There's a chance it simply is bugged in the console log. Might need to watch for orange numbers

3 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Just look on your Enhancements page, Show Detailed Info Here. If it has a "5% chance for X damage" that's the crit.

Whether it actually happens... that's the question.

3 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I agree that every attack should do 5% chance to crit. But I also like having the primary get the benefit of 10% chance to crit on Bosses, etc.

In your testing, did you try using the ATO to proc a Critical Buff? There's a chance it simply is bugged in the console log. Might need to watch for orange numbers

Will retest. Don't trust my brain at the moment.

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Verified in combat log. Flurry does indeed crit. Well frell. May have to rebuild my speedster.

Who uses Flurry? You monster!

Says the guy leveling a fighting pool Defender...

• Haha 1