Liquidity wanted on ATOs

nihilii

Just a quick observation.

Plenty of ATOs are undersupplied currently, with 0 for sale and prices in the 8-10M range.

Good opportunity for Super Pack flipping. I opened a few myself so I could at least convert to the ATOs I needed, and listed the rest. A couple of the ones I put for sale (8,022,222) went off instantly.

I should probably take another run up at this. My last trip into superpacks was a 100M investment and some statistically unlikely outcomes for a massive loss - and I swore off.  Mostly upcrafting yellows and oranges for my ‘market money’ now, as for whatever reason, I find it rewarding.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I haven't done this in a while.  Just bought 25 Villain Packs, got 21 imbuements and double insps, and 32 ATOs.  Everything else is added to my piles of "other" in email, so there is definitely value there but I don't track merits and converters and catalysts, et al.  (Anyone want 260 Build Snow Beasts? 😀)  If the ATOs are trading 8-10mm, then that doesn't seem like enough profit to justify the effort, but let's see!

EDIT:  ok, ten hours later I’m on target for about 40% ROI.  My strategy was to reroll ATOs to strong selling ones.  Defender ATOs went like hot cakes at around 20mm a piece and I had a bunch of them.  Curious to me since they were listed a LOT lower than that.  Got lucky I guess!

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

I wouldn't spend 20m on anything. When I get into that territory I'm using merits.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

This is why Enhancement Storage is a great thing.

Just open the packs and keep what you get.  Eventually get around to rolling an Alt who can use the Enhancement.  No fussing with Converters necessary.  Law of Averages dictates that if I make enough characters, eventually I'll Slot them all without having to play roulette.

On 6/26/2020 at 8:58 AM, nihilii said:

Just a quick observation.

Plenty of ATOs are undersupplied currently, with 0 for sale and prices in the 8-10M range.

Good opportunity for Super Pack flipping. I opened a few myself so I could at least convert to the ATOs I needed, and listed the rest. A couple of the ones I put for sale (8,022,222) went off instantly.

Thank you! I had hundreds, maybe a thousand, ATOs sitting in email (well.. Character Items) waiting to be collected but I was being lazy and not doing anything with them. 

I threw them all on the market and they sold quite well and for good $$$. Normally I convert a lot, but this time I just threw them all on the market. Even things that don't usually sell (I'm looking at you, Kheldian) sold well. 

Edited by Troyusrex
  • Like 1

Interestingly, in looking through my alts not everything sold. A good amount did, but about a quarter of what I put on the marker hasn't (yet). Surprisingly, there's some of everything in the unsold tray. Tons of solider of Arachnos (which I'l probably end up converting), lots of dominator, but even a fair amount of tanker and, much to my surprise, more brute than I'd expect. 

Of course, I just put them on the market yesterday, so this is quite quick. In contrast, I still have half a dozen winter's bites not sold from months ago.

With converters selling for as low as 75,000 and AH fees, it about a wash.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

Converters have been pretty consistent the past two weeks between 70k and 80k. I had a few listed just over 80 that took about ten days to sell.  I’ve been able to buy occasionally below 70, but it also takes longer than I’d like.

Who run Bartertown?

On 7/2/2020 at 11:19 AM, 0th Power said:

Related question, do most people sell the atos or catalyze them and sell em for more?

I sell the ATOs. Mostly because catalyzing them requires having a lvl 50 of the right class. (I've heard rumors that some people have figured out how to catalyze without having a level 50 of that AT, but I haven't figured it out.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:19 AM, 0th Power said:

Related question, do most people sell the atos or catalyze them and sell em for more?

I sell them.  I usually work in blocks, so I'd rather sell fifty regular ATOs quickly than five catalyzed ones slowly.

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

On 6/27/2020 at 9:49 AM, Crimsonpyre said:

I wouldn't spend 20m on anything. When I get into that territory I'm using merits.

This is a really bad idea, considering that 100 merits is 300 converters...

And with 300 converters I can turn over 80-100 million inf easily...

That's 4-5 purple/ATO etc...

1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:

This is a really bad idea, considering that 100 merits is 300 converters...

And with 300 converters I can turn over 80-100 million inf easily...

That's 4-5 purple/ATO etc...

I don't know where you are getting 80-100 million for 100 merits. If you sell 300 converters for 95,000 each, then you would get 28.5 million, minus 10% AH fee that's 25.6 million. Given the market tends to have them down to about 75,000 you will net about 20.2 million after AH fees so it's generally a wash. Since I'm rich in merits due to hami raiding, merits can be a better option for me when things get into the 20 million range.

Just now, Crimsonpyre said:

I don't know where you are getting 80-100 million for 100 merits. If you sell 300 converters for 95,000 each, then you would get 28.5 million, minus 10% AH fee that's 25.6 million. Given the market tends to have them down to about 75,000 you will net about 20.2 million after AH fees so it's generally a wash. Since I'm rich in merits due to hami raiding, merits can be a better option for me when things get into the 20 million range.

No one said selling converters, I said turn 100 million.

Yellows, roulette, rares, sell. 1 hour a week, 100 million.

4 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

No one said selling converters, I said turn 100 million.

Yellows, roulette, rares, sell. 1 hour a week, 100 million.

Sure if you go about that way, and I have farmers that do the converter roulette. It's not that I can't afford the 20 million, it's just the principle paying that much for anything when there are other ways to acquire something.

23 minutes ago, Crimsonpyre said:

Sure if you go about that way, and I have farmers that do the converter roulette. It's not that I can't afford the 20 million, it's just the principle paying that much for anything when there are other ways to acquire something.

Exactly. And spending 100 merits for an ATO, when that 100 merits is worth 80-100 million inf, is worse than paying 20 million for the same ATO at the AH.

Edited by SwitchFade

5 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Exactly. And spending 100 merits for an ATO, when that 100 merits is worth 80-100 million inf, is worse than paying 20 million for the same ATO at the AH.

Yeah you should never pay 100 merits for an ATO, since they never sell for anywhere close to 20 million.

2 hours ago, Crimsonpyre said:

Yeah you should never pay 100 merits for an ATO, since they never sell for anywhere close to 20 million.

The point is, 100 merits for any io or recipe is foolhardy. So, using merits for recipes is incredibly expensive, when the same 100 merits can buy 4-5 purple ios

8 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

The point is, 100 merits for any io or recipe is foolhardy. So, using merits for recipes is incredibly expensive, when the same 100 merits can buy 4-5 purple ios

I think "foolhardy" is a bit strong.

If I had one character with only 100 merits, I personally would use those merits to buy 300 converters.  I use a conservative rule of thumb that I reserve 10 converters to add average value of about 3mm.  Let's call 300 converters adding value of 100mm inf.  Conservatively.  Usually it's a lot more.

If I had two characters with only 100 merits each and a lot less time, one of them might, in theory, exchange those merits for converters and sell them for 77,777 inf each, or 70k after taxes.  That would net me 21mm, and none of that pesky converting and selling and fun stuff.  (Of course, I'd probably use them to sell unslotters at this point.)

If I had a hundred characters with 100 merits each, I could easily see myself just buying something with merits just to avoid spending time. and effort.  Like if there was one ATO I specifically wanted and there were none for sale or even if I didn't feel like bid creeping.  Is it optimal behavior to do that when, in less than 24 hours, you can almost certainly buy it for 10mm or less?  Nope.  In fact, I personally would probably rather buy any other ATO in the AT and convert until I got want I wanted.  But it's still legitimate behavior.

It's all a trade-off between inf and time/knowledge/comfort level.  And in this game where inf and merits flow like moisture from a water/storm corruptor, it's all good.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Like 1

Who run Bartertown?