Blue King Studios vs Top Cow Comic series?

Do you remember the comic issues they would send to those who paid subscriptions for the game? Which series did you overall prefer? Blue King Studios comics encapsulate the adventures of Apex, War Witch, and Horus? Or did you prefer Top Cow, which focuses on the main and key characters from the greater CoH universe(i.e Statesman, Manticore, Sister Psyche, etc?)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nihilii said:

Blue King, no contest. Art was better, characters were relatable, story felt more focused. It even tied game concepts to the comic pretty neatly.

Yeah I have a huge preference to Blue King as well. The stakes may have been higher given the characters in Top Cow were literal gods like Statesman, Recluse, etc. But Blue King really felt like you were one of the characters.

• Like 2

The Blue King comics were better. Plus War Witch who was awesome both as a character and a developer.

• Like 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Overall, Blue King.  I man, come on, that entire run, facing Requiem, and Apex ended up at level 17? 🙂 Still, yeah. More relatable than "The things the *real* heroes are doing while you're playing." I don't think they generally portrayed the Phalanx well.

And yeah, one of mine showed up in the Top Cow run gathering to face down Arachnos. Remade that character here. 🙂

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 2 weeks later
On 7/3/2020 at 4:48 AM, Greycat said:

Overall, Blue King.  I man, come on, that entire run, facing Requiem, and Apex ended up at level 17? 🙂 Still, yeah. More relatable than "The things the *real* heroes are doing while you're playing." I don't think they generally portrayed the Phalanx well.

And yeah, one of mine showed up in the Top Cow run gathering to face down Arachnos. Remade that character here. 🙂

For an amusing comic, it did end on a grim and somber note. it was all funs and games up until War Witch and Horus die.