Slotting Freezing Rain

Sailboat

So I have 3 slots in FR.  At 50, that's 2 Recharge IOs at +5 and the third slot is currently an Achilles Heel Heel -resist.

I think that only rolls to proc when I cast  -- correct me if I'm wrong,  but I don't think ANY procs trigger from the rain damage ticks, just once on casting.

Assuming that is true, would something else serve me better in that third slot?  A Force Feedback +recharge  perhaps?

Any tips or suggestions?

Edited by Sailboat

Yup, the Achilles will have a chance to proc when the pseudopet is summoned, and will have a chance to proc every 10 seconds there after until the Freezing Rain patch goes away. 

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Since Storm should be generally built for high levels of global recharge and a bunch of Force Feedback IO all over the place, it's probably overkill to have 3 slots in it. On my Controller, I have it with 1 slot Achilles' Heel and it comes back every 23.5 seconds not counting FF procs which lowers it even further

Edited by Seigmoraig
  • Like 1

I've been slotting mine with Frozen Blast Rech/Immob Proc, Overwhelming Force End/Rech, and the Achilles' proc. I haven't really noticed the FB immobilize happening very often, but that might be me not noticing it.

Edited by wackodraco

4 hours ago, wackodraco said:

I've been slotting mine with Frozen Blast Rech/Immob Proc, Overwhelming Force End/Rech, and the Achilles' proc. I haven't really noticed the FB immobilize happening very often, but that might be me not noticing it.

I believe it's a MAG 2 Immobilize that only lasts 6 - 8 seconds or so - which puts it firmly in the category of 'useless'. It can Immobilize anything except Minions and it only immobilizes +4 Minions for the blink of an eye.

From memory, Achilles' only has ~20% chance to proc in Freezing Rain. Moreover, almost any time it procs on anything short of boss, it's probably a waste - Minions/Lieutenants tend to get overkilled so badly that the fact they've taken 20% more damage isn't meaningful.

I think the larger concern is the question of whether you put slow in Freezing Rain. For a Corruptor/Defender, I'd view it as nearly essential. Without hitting the slow cap, all you're going to end up doing is scattering the spawn.

On 7/13/2020 at 7:16 PM, Hjarki said:

I think the larger concern is the question of whether you put slow in Freezing Rain. For a Corruptor/Defender, I'd view it as nearly essential. Without hitting the slow cap, all you're going to end up doing is scattering the spawn.

Secondary makes a difference here though. When I FR I'm actually casting FR+Ice Storm and often Blizzard on top of that so FR doesn't need to do all the slowing.

• 2 weeks later

I'll put anything from a single level-50 IO recharge... to 4 slots (1 achille's + 3 undermined defenses for max end for recovery).  I generally don't put a lot of rech., and often like to put the achilles' heel proc.