Respec from Mids file?

This may have already been submitted and  i just missed it in my search:

Was wondering if it would be possible to respec a character with a Mid's file? If you could some create a file in Mid's or any builder for that matter. Then import in the respec screen and it would place all the powers and slots. 

Anyways, 3am here and Insomnia has asked me to dance  and this is the outcome 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

While you won't be able to import into the game, Mids has had a function built-in that allows you to make a Respec easier.

respec.png

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 7/11/2020 at 2:03 AM, SuperPlyx said:

This may have already been submitted and  i just missed it in my search:

Was wondering if it would be possible to respec a character with a Mid's file? If you could some create a file in Mid's or any builder for that matter. Then import in the respec screen and it would place all the powers and slots. 

Anyways, 3am here and Insomnia has asked me to dance  and this is the outcome 

This is my dream. I think the respec process is one of the game's worst experiences and I would love for it not to be terrible.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

This is my dream. I think the respec process is one of the game's worst experiences and I would love for it not to be terrible.

The worst part is when you are about to finish placing enhancements and you realize you messed up on a slot or power choice. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later
16 hours ago, ivanhedgehog said:

any way to print out a respec with the slots level by level? like you are doing a respec?

Inside the game? No; the game just notes how many slots each power has and what's in them. It only tracks the level for powers, so it can determine which ones you still have access to when exemplared. Mid's has the 'Respec helper' feature, which does this, but you can't just suck it into the game and have it do the respec.

"This is my dream. I think the respec process is one of the game's worst experiences and I would love for it not to be terrible."

Back in the day, you couldn't respec.  You eventually only had 3. Only gave out free ones for big game changes.  Think there was a token from the cash shop.

And we liked it!  Up hill both ways through the oroborus time stream!

• Haha 2

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer