Will double heatloss and double sleet debuffs stack on the same target?

fitzsimmons

Yes. Whether that makes burnout worthwhile is up to you. Even with a high end build you are looking at an 8 min recharge on burnout.

Fun power to unleash your full potential though. 

You can double stack sleet quite easily with just a decent build. 

14 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

Yes. Whether that makes burnout worthwhile is up to you. Even with a high end build you are looking at an 8 min recharge on burnout.

Fun power to unleash your full potential though. 

You can double stack sleet quite easily with just a decent build. 

Thanks for confirming.  I have a 20 second recharge on sleet and I double up all the time.  97 second recharge on heatloss (only a 7 second downtime).  Burnout would replace Aim in my build (at the moment) and the recharge on that would be 500 seconds so just north of 8 minutes.

Decisions decisions ...

I think the main decision is, what sorts of things really need that much debuffing? How often will this situation come up? Unless you are commonly soloing AVs and GMs, it seems like Sleet + Heat Loss is going to be more than enough.

Burnout might be useful for cases where Benumb or Heat Loss misses. No matter how accurate you get them, they will always have a 5% chance to miss, and with perfect accuracy there's a less than 1 percent (0.25%) chance they'll both miss. Hard to say if it's worth it just for that.

There might be some unusual scenarios where it's worth it to be able to Benumb two targets, altho again you're only doing it for 30 seconds. 

IMO Burnout's best use is for players who die occasionally. It's useful to be able to resummon long recharge pets and buffs without waiting. I don't usually see it used for quick power cycling.

Edited by oedipus_tex

On 7/24/2020 at 3:40 PM, VV said:

I think the main decision is, what sorts of things really need that much debuffing? How often will this situation come up? Unless you are commonly soloing AVs and GMs, it seems like Sleet + Heat Loss is going to be more than enough.

I tend to agree. It's a significant investment for a 'trick' that doesn't have all that much practical value. It's the sort of thing you do to make the 'uber pylon build', but I can't see much reason to use such a tactic in a play build.

On 7/23/2020 at 7:51 AM, fitzsimmons said:

If I get burnout on my cold corrupter and I apply 2 sleet and 2 heatloss against a target, does the -res stack from the same power on the same target?  Wonder if it's worth getting burnout.

Thanks,
Dave

I'm curious what is your primary? Burnout can be a fun party trick, but you'll only get to use it occasionally (once per mission?). But if you can get a large mob bunched tightly enough and you throwdown all your debuffs and use your nuke then do it again, fun times. It might be worthwhile to get the Gaes of the Kind one's accolade. It has a temp power that gives you 60s of +100% recharge. It'll reduce your waittime for Burnout by 3.3% (hey, it's something).

But overall, it's probably not worth chasing. But if you can fit it in your build without hurting it, then why not?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

5 hours ago, Bopper said:

I'm curious what is your primary? Burnout can be a fun party trick, but you'll only get to use it occasionally (once per mission?). But if you can get a large mob bunched tightly enough and you throwdown all your debuffs and use your nuke then do it again, fun times. It might be worthwhile to get the Gaes of the Kind one's accolade. It has a temp power that gives you 60s of +100% recharge. It'll reduce your waittime for Burnout by 3.3% (hey, it's something).

But overall, it's probably not worth chasing. But if you can fit it in your build without hurting it, then why not?

Fire.  I'd be replacing aim with burnout if I do it.  I could get rid of Fire Breath but it offers a nice set bonus.  I could drop ice shield (I don't have glacial shield) but I want to be at least a little helpful.  Tight on powers/slots for the bonusses (he's softcapped to melee and ranged) as well as some other nice chunky set bonuses.

I'll probably leave it for now but yes even for the back to back infernos would be fun.

1 hour ago, fitzsimmons said:

Fire.  I'd be replacing aim with burnout if I do it.  I could get rid of Fire Breath but it offers a nice set bonus.  I could drop ice shield (I don't have glacial shield) but I want to be at least a little helpful.  Tight on powers/slots for the bonusses (he's softcapped to melee and ranged) as well as some other nice chunky set bonuses.

I'll probably leave it for now but yes even for the back to back infernos would be fun.

I would keep Aim over Burnout. That can be up every 30s or so. More useful in the long run

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn