August 2020 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone!

We do not have any changes or updates to our finances this month so things will be pretty straight-forward.

July 2020 Breakdown

Last month we accepted $4,857.11 in donations - $54.06 over our target for the month.

Overall, here is the breakdown of what July’s funds went towards:

• $4,363.23 to OVH for our hosting
  • $121.74 for our Google G-Suite Business account
  • $30.00 for our 1&1 IONOS domain & outbound email service
  • $25.00 for the Paperspace Air instance
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira Cloud instance (10-user)
  • $9.73 for the security / administration software
  • $4.74 for the DigitalOcean droplet we used to test experimental network changes

image.png.cebbca3757007a20e35e97bfea6d82db.png

August 2020

OVH will be consolidating the new servers we purchased in June into our primary invoice at the start of August bringing our monthly invoice to it’s new total. We still have $387.05 from July which will be put towards the expenses for August 2020. Otherwise, there are no changes or updates for the month of August.

The donation target for August 2020 is $4,502.87. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,693.44 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $120.75 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $30.00 for outbound email and domain services from 1&1 IONOS
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira (Cloud) service
  • $9.73 for security / administration software
  • $1.00 for our Twilio programmable number

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $4,502.87 and will automatically close once that target is met.

As always, thank you for all of the support!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

'Been trying to throw some quatloos into the collective pot for over a year now... and FINALLY, for the first time, today I actually got there in time to do it. I swear, you guys are some seriously fast-moving donation-puppies. XD

BUT... Success! At last. 🧐

• Haha 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Godammit! $$e frustrated - missed again. I am desperate to contribute to your efforts, but keep missing the window. Woke up to the email, rushed to log on and contribute and the window had closed. Surely there must be an easier way to give you guys my money. 

" Reporting for Duty Sweetheart!." - Dropping My Knitting To Buff You Whilst Hitting! - Proudly Protecting Paragons Little Ones Since 2005.

" Wow! - You're like a Hot Yoda!.... only taller! "  - Soul Stalker.
" I knew there was Evil under that All-American girl persona! " -
RockJaw.

" Hey! - Aren't you that roleplayer that says 'up you get' all the time? " - funny (unconscious) generic hero 01.

13 hours ago, Mother's Love said:

Godammit! $$e frustrated - missed again. I am desperate to contribute to your efforts, but keep missing the window. Woke up to the email, rushed to log on and contribute and the window had closed. Surely there must be an easier way to give you guys my money. 

Again, please keep in mind.
If you play here, you ARE contributing.
Maybe not monetarily.
But you're providing part of the community.
And that's every bit as important as the cash.

How much fun, comparatively, would you have as the only person on a server?

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• 4 weeks later
On 7/30/2020 at 2:16 AM, Mother's Love said:

I'm in the same boat Mother's Love.  This was one of my favorite games of all time when I was in my late twenties.  Finding it up again has been just simply amazing and the people on the server are all great.  Definitely need/want to donate to the cause and looking at that Aug 25th date.

Edited by starcutter

• Retired Game Master

I believe the next donation windows opens on Saturday, August 29th.  Watch Discord, and the forum for the announcement that donations can commence!  It's usually about 10am in my time zone, which is Pacific.  So, plan accordingly!

• Like 1

• Cipher unpinned and unfeatured this topic