Addition to War Mace weapon choices

I recently made a Mace/Rad Brute, and I noticed something about the three Carnival of [X] weapons -- the color choices color the main body of the mace (primary) and some tiny detail bits(secondary), while the energy ball held framed in the head of the mace is... yellow. It would expand the customization range if the detail bits were folded into the main mace color, while the secondary color tinted the energy ball. Not having the code ready to hand, I've got no idea whether the art was set up to allow this to be done without a significant amount of work, though.

• Like 3

All I want is to have the Arachnos maces usable for War Mace too. Bane Spiders already use most of the same powers. Keep the requirement of taking Mace Mastery to unlock them if they must.

Also, no redraw between War Mace and Mace Mastery powers if you use the same weapon model for both, like Assault Rifle and I think also Beam Rifle do with Munitions Mastery on blasters.

And while we're at it, Carnival of Light maces for Bane Spiders and Mace Mastery. They're already designed to shoot lasers, in the hands of NPCs they actually do even.

• Like 2

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

9 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I will almost always 100% support new weapon skins.  +1

Yomo has endorsed my desire to have a Rubber Chicken skin added for all weapons.

I now require Rubber Chicken war mace.

Edited by SwitchFade
  • Like 3

No reason it can't be both.

I was thinking more actual maces.  Big heavy things to hit with.  Like more types of hammers and round or polygonal maces, and something that looks like a kanabo.  Both medieval-esque versions as well as high tech looking things.

Would also be cool: pure energy weapons.  Like the kind that are all glowy and don't have any physical parts or anything.  They should also have a different "draw" animation.  Rather than pulling one out from somewhere on your body you just hold out your hand and they appear.  The weapon itself should have an animation when it appears, like it grows out of a spot on your palm.

• Like 1

I was playing the Mace/Rad Brute whose costume choices spawned this thread, and had another thought; I don't know whether it would go under War Mace or Titan Weapons, but the Nemesis Staff is right there, all the artwork and object animation done -- the argument for War Mace is that the Nemesis Staff animations are all one-handed, and the argument for Titan Weapons is that it's considerably bigger than the other War Mace weapons,  closer to the size of many of the Titan Weapons choices. Given the number of characters running around with a Nemesis Staff from the P2W vendor, it seems reasonable that someone would have started using it "off label" as a blunt instrument as well.

On 7/29/2020 at 8:23 AM, skoryy said:

I would suggest a Skull Thug skin, but that's probably more for Titan Weapons.

All the blunt force weapon sets need giant thigh bone weapon options.  Get that caveman dino-club thing going.  Or be able to whack people with your giant bone.  Just think of all the hilarious character concepts it'd enable!    

43 minutes ago, merrypessimist said:

All the blunt force weapon sets need giant thigh bone weapon options.  Get that caveman dino-club thing going.  Or be able to whack people with your giant bone.  Just think of all the hilarious character concepts it'd enable!    

No, not a thigh bone, an actual Skull Thug.

This is a family friendly forum, so I can't repeat the quote, but y'all should know it!

• Haha 1

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

10 hours ago, skoryy said:

No, not a thigh bone, an actual Skull Thug.

This is a family friendly forum, so I can't repeat the quote, but y'all should know it!

I am aware of that, mine was a related tangent involving bones and their users.  Alternatively, the bone-ers as the term for users of giant thigh bone weapons. 🙂