Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

Thanks @Midnyte and @FrauleinMentalfor posting the pics. Putting the sweets next to the costumes makes appreciation even better.

What I learned from yesterday:

- Ruby Kit Kat is actually A Thing, I didn't know there was a pink version of that stuff! 🙂

- Kit Kat is even better with cat ears! 🙂

- I see the strawberries now! 🙂

- Coconuts can be cute! 🙂 

- I am sure there is a high protein snack called "Thunderbolt" out there somewhere, now the "Jones" part has to make a candy out of it! 🙂

- Time/Energy Defenders will not be My Thing in the long run... 🙂

I think it is also worth the effort to post these, even if I can't always bring myself to sort mine out and upload.

One day, we may be going back through this thread and remember all the fun times and smashing ideas there were! So many good moments! 

That being said...

901697810_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_04.17-18_08_21_02.thumb.png.54cf7c3fb4718401c861c544169e31b0.png

198271779_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_04.17-18_10_02_46.png.9035b24ba593f79e79554d8e014384b9.png

What a Lineup! 

Bonus Shot:

2073246046_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_04.17-20_25_01_82.png.061ac82bdb41734519375135657a3bd9.png

"How are you doin'?" 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

1 hour ago, socom242 said:

Man I really miss hanging with you all!!!

I'm gonna try and make it this coming Saturday. Fair warning, I may have to leave within an hour so I dunno if it'll be worth it.

But I'm gonna try

Please add "Sumiregusa", which is Japanese for "Violet", I realize it's not a Gem/Jewel. I'll have to hunt around for a name and maybe rename and make a placeholder.

She's a Psionic Melee/Shield Defense Stalker

Hope to see you there 😄

Well, when it comes to gemstones, a violet one would be Amethyst. You may be able to make something work with that.

Would be great if you can make it again for a change.

I was actually prepping a toon that I called "Assassina Amethysta" (She's also Shield btw), but if you wanna have the stone, pls feel free to go for it.

@TrixieKixx I can sign up Amber Elfling, a sweet little Staff/Reflexes Stalker. 

• Like 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

3 hours ago, socom242 said:

I realize it's not a Gem/Jewel. I'll have to hunt around for a name and maybe rename and make a placeholder.

Hey @socom242We miss you too! Come hang out if you can. Just an FYI...your name does not have to reflect your favorite jewel...only your costume! I put Amethyst next to your name since that's a purple jewel; however, let me know what your favorite jewel is and what color your costume will be! This should be a quick SF so hopefully we'll get you back to your family ASAP :) 

2 hours ago, Bananiac said:

I was actually prepping a toon that I called "Assassina Amethysta"

Hey @BananiacThis is YOUR favorite jewel for your costume! If Amethyst is your favorite, please feel free to switch it out! The color is only reflected by your costume color...not your name 😄 

Also...I wanted to say that I love your commentary after each week 🙂 It is fun to look back and see what we've done before. 

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Hey @socom242We miss you too! Come hang out if you can. .......This should be a quick SF so hopefully we'll get you back to your family ASAP 🙂

Renault is one of my favorite SFs and yes it can be quick. As long as we don't get bugged missions like yesterday! 😄 Let's try to start as close to noon as we can, sometimes it's fun to linger and take our time but in an effort to have @socom242 be able to stay for the whole thing.

Here are some things to note:

• This SF gives the Leviathan badge.
  • It also grants a random temp power, either: Coral Amulet (summoned combat pet), Coral Hammer (melee weapon), or Coral Shards (cone ranged attack).
  • The mission with Barracuda (AV) has 5 crates to check and one contains a temp power Stolen SMG with 10 charges. Only the person clicking the glowie gets the power, so we may want to decide ahead of time whether leader or whoever should get it, or just leave it to chance. 
  • This is the one where we fight the Leviathan's eyeball as the final objective, so it helps to have a flight power because it's way up high in the cave.
  • Having mission tp will help, and TT since Nerva is a big zone and we may have to go back and forth to mission doors.
  • There is one talk-to where someone will go to Mercy to meet with Kalinda.
  • The mission to defeat the totem boss Gharbu sometimes takes long because he is hard to find in the big outdoor graveyard map. (The last time we did this one someone had a very helpful keybind to find the mission objective and it was very impressive to find him so quickly!)
  • AVs we will fight: Barracuda, Calystix, Eye of the Leviathan

Hope this helps! It's going to be a lot of fun as stalkers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, socom242 said:

Thanks everyone! I renamed her to Amethyst Asesina (since Amethyst Assassin was taken). I'll rename her back to Sumiregusa afterwards. See you Saturday 🤞

You didn't even have to rename her, lol.

• Haha 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 4/18/2021 at 6:17 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Hey @BananiacThis is YOUR favorite jewel for your costume! If Amethyst is your favorite, please feel free to switch it out! The color is only reflected by your costume color...not your name 😄 

@TrixieKixx
I will stay with my little Amber gemstone. Ran a Posi2 today with her and it was fast forward from level 11 to almost 22 in less than an hour. 

I totally forgot how much fun Staff is, and on a Stalker at that! The poor victims will never know what hit them when we descend upon them in hordes on saturday 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Folks, this week may be my turn to drop out. Got family business, and it may or may not be finished in time on saturday. 

So, will try to be there, but no guarantees... Will keep you posted, so you won't have to wait for me.

• Sad 2

Awesome pics all! That was a tough one, but we made it through with badges and fun for all! Please remind me not to bring an all stalker team to a mish where we have to fight a lot of ambushes again 😄 Tee hee...Next week should be easier since it's costume only 🙂 We'll take a little more time to smash in the next one too. It was nice to have almost a full team again too...welcome back to @socom242and @Jaxman100! I hope ya'll can join the next one! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

May 1st - Faathim the Kind (Level 44-50 – Blue Side – The Chantry) -  Since we'll be fighting Mother Mayhem, let's dress as her children to show Mother some love! (Come dressed as a child...costume only if I didn't make that clear before!) 

May 8th - Mairenn MacGregor (Level 38-50 – Blue Side – Atlas Park) - Hologram Skittles...we're all dressing as Holograms to brighten up the abandoned sewers...whatever color you like, but make it bright! Only one AT of each type. 

May 15th - Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 – Red Side – Cap au Diable) - Black & White movies...dress as a 50's movie star...black, white and gray costume colors only. 

May 22nd - Silver Mantis (Level 15-20 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) - All Plants/Flowers – One of your powers must be plant or nature related...make sure your costume reflects it!  

May 29th - Manticore (Level 30-35 – Blue Side – Brickstown) - Let's spice things up with an all Blaster team! Costume and name to reflect your favorite spice.

@TrixieKixx - Champagne Bubbles - FF/Elec Blast Def

@Midnyte - Midnyte - DM/WP Brute

@FrauleinMental - Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin Troller

@Bananiac - Forlorne - Fire/Fire Blaster

@Jaxman100- Aurora Dawnfire - Storm/Ice Def

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

May 1st - Faathim the Kind (Level 44-50 – Blue Side – The Chantry) -  Since we'll be fighting Mother Mayhem, let's dress as her children to show Mother some love!

I will bring Midnyte next week. DM/WP Brute

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

May 1st - Faathim the Kind (Level 44-50 – Blue Side – The Chantry) -  Since we'll be fighting Mother Mayhem, let's dress as her children to show Mother some love! (Come dressed as a child...costume only if I didn't make that clear before!) 

May 8th - Mairenn MacGregor (Level 38-50 – Blue Side – Atlas Park) - Hologram Skittles...we're all dressing as Holograms to brighten up the abandoned sewers...whatever color you like, but make it bright! Only one AT of each type. 

May 15th - Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 – Red Side – Cap au Diable) - Black & White movies...dress as a 50's movie star...black, white and gray costume colors only. 

May 22nd - Silver Mantis (Level 15-20 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) - All Plants/Flowers – One of your powers must be plant or nature related...make sure your costume reflects it!  

May 29th - Manticore (Level 30-35 – Blue Side – Brickstown) - Let's spice things up with an all Blaster team! Costume and name to reflect your favorite spice.

@TrixieKixx- Champagne Bubbles - FF/Elec Blast Def

I will tentatively sign up with Sister Apocalypse - Beasts/Dark MM

Today was fun! Interesting learning how to interact and play as an all stalker team. And as usual, everyone's costumes were stunning!

• Like 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

21 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Once we figured out our strategy (can't hide from ambushers 😄 ) we did a great job and had a lot of fun. Here we are representing our gems!

90.JPG.717eda74a800e373d874c3eec58f12e1.JPG

That's an absolute Rockstar Collage, Midnyte! Great visuals, we should take it and run with it, doing Promo for the Theme Team! 

Pushing my own shot of THE GEMS. Colorful and shiny as we were!

656180487_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_04.24-18_02_53_35.thumb.png.05f76eeb9dcefc67ef4be15f2cdbda40.png

Speaking of running away with things:

1716863443_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_04.24-19_14_42_90.thumb.png.31bcb0040b879c4604685546ebf16cc3.png

1382235351_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_04.24-18_46_21_09.thumb.png.2d59f34c1b5148201f48a9b8d9b11443.png

You guys were going faster, so I could be dying faster 🙂

625511953_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_04.24-19_11_12_60.png.a0dd7d961b4cc68ef82df4fbf8decb01.png

Aftermath, all back up on their feet...

So, by popular request: This weeks issue of "What we learned from yesterday":

- Trying to stalk ambushes can go southward quickly, when the ambush just ignores your stealth and gives you a hiding!

- Speedrunning with an all-stalker team can be surprisingly difficult! (Note: some coordination might be required)

- Offensive front-tanking with All-AoE Damage only gets me so far when Stealth wears off...

Amendment A: All-Stalker teams usually don't field Vengeance. Which seemed to be the part my concept was banking on for complete usefullness 🔥

- That being said: Stalkers hit bloody hard, and Gemstones can both be shiny AND durable! Albeit VERY expensive!

Rock on, Fellas!

Bonus Picture:

Amethyst.thumb.jpg.e4e0f70f6c47033ab704d49e347e69f7.jpg

I took this picture last year in an actual Gemstone Museum. You guys make of this what you will... 😇

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bananiac said:

That's an absolute Rockstar Collage, Midnyte! Great visuals, we should take it and run with it, doing Promo for the Theme Team! 

Thank you! I have fun throwing together quickie stuff like that. Just don't make too big of a deal out of it or else I will go back and try to perfect it. Trying to overcome my perfectionism by slapping together quickie stuff and being okay with it looking amateurish... 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bananiac said:

Bonus Picture:

Amethyst.thumb.jpg.e4e0f70f6c47033ab704d49e347e69f7.jpg

I took this picture last year in an actual Gemstone Museum. You guys make of this what you will... 😇

HAHA, love it. Brings new meaning to the phrase "family jewels"...... 😂

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

@TrixieKixx - Champagne Bubbles - FF/Elec Blast Def

@Midnyte - Midnyte - DM/WP Brute

@TygerDarkstorm - Sister Apocalypse - Beasts/Dark MM

@FrauleinMental - Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin Troller

@TrixieKixx Planning to be there with Forlorne, Fire/Fire/MoreFire Blaster.

She's one o fthe first characters I created after joining HC and has been sitting idle at lvl49 now for way too long.

• Like 2