Raider Engineers...

Confuse the Generators (or the Engineers, before they spawn the Generator) for extra bubbles!

Me trying to decide which Engineer is going to spawn the Generator and should be my primary target:

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

on the note of confused engineers, something weird I notice is that the generator seems tied to the engineer's loyalty, even if it doesn't despawn after death, which implies the two are lastingly connected.

how the heck does that work? Does this mean pets dying with players is something they have to actively flag on a summoned entity?

2 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

on the note of confused engineers, something weird I notice is that the generator seems tied to the engineer's loyalty, even if it doesn't despawn after death, which implies the two are lastingly connected.

how the heck does that work? Does this mean pets dying with players is something they have to actively flag on a summoned entity?

Yes, and I imagine it would likely cause some dopey issue where they're considered a separate entity if they die and rez so you'd be able to mass-summon things if they didn't kill off player pets (like doing buffs in between zones). 

You don't even have to defeat the Engineer to stop the summon. All you have to do is hit them and interrupt the cast animation. DoTs are great for this purpose, especially the kind you throw on the ground in the event there are multiple Engineers in a spawn and you don't want to guess who is going to spawn a Generator.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

First time encountering them in a mission that is not "defeat all". The bots are harmless, didn't bother to defeat them. Mission turned into a "defeat all", now had to hunt the harmless bots down. Ever since, I've hate engineers and have to waste time defeating the harmless bots.

Any kind of effect seems to interrupt the summon. I'll have to double check this, but I recall glue arrow from TA interrupting the engineers. 

I do know for sure that any kind of taunt effect will cancel it as well. If you're a Tanker or Brute, simply running in and taunting the engineer will suffice. 

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

Same deal for the Malta what drop Auto Turrets; if anything hits/notifies them after they kneel to summon the turret, it will interrupt them and they stand up facing you for the rest of the duration of the animation, doing nothing.  

I think the same is true with Rikti Communication Officers, or at least, the only portals I have ever seen are a result of my confusing them and letting nature take its course.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

My favourite things to confuse are the controller-type Longbow Wardens... the illusionist ones just get pummelled by their own phantom army and then cast the other summon to try to deal with it... which proceeds to join in the pummel party.

The gravity ones are good too because they cast Singularity, which usually starts trying to lock them down immediately.

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas