The Undying Boxer - Mutant Dark / Ninjitsu / Soul scrapper

EnjoyTheJourney

Here is a workup for a theme character I'm trying out. Thematically his mutant power makes him unable to die. And, since he's only ever been good at one thing (boxing), he focuses on that because he has all of eternity to get better at it. Functionally, he's better at single target than AOE and he some hopefully fairly good survival tools. 

Regarding survival tools, shadow meld and barrier mean defense cascade failure is unlikely and rune of protection can be up close to 50% of the time. Positional defenses are all beyond softcapped without incarnates and, with the barrier destiny incarnate active, he should be fine in higher level incarnate content. With healing built into siphon life and the ninjitsu secondary, plus a clickie to refill endurance in the secondary, sustain seems likely to be in a good place. 

If somebody finds something useful for their own builds in there, then that would be great. If somebody can think of a way to improve the build, then that would also be great. Feedback is welcome.  🙂

As one note to the build, hasten would get 3 fully boosted level 30 IOs, and not the level 50 IOs given here, to help when exemp'd down. Also, I've edited the build several times since making this first post. A key change of note is that I've added in a +4 to knockback protection IO to mystic flight because I didn't notice how low knockback protection is by default, given that I'm not yet very experienced with the Ninjitsu defensive set; total knockback protection of 9ish isn't too high, but perhaps the 100%+ resistance to knockback will help for limiting the number of occasions on which the Undying Boxer gets knocked all over. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Undying  Boxer: Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Sorcery
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(7), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19)
Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(3), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(3)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg(13), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Arm-Acc/Rchg(15), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(15), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(17)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Rct-ResDam%(11)
Level 6: Shinobi-Iri -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(25)
Level 10: Kuji-In Rin -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(29), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Build%(37)
Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(34)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33), Prv-Absorb%(33)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 28: Bo Ryaku -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42)
Level 30: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(39), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def(40), RedFrt-EndRdx(40)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(46)
Level 35: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg(46)
Level 38: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(48)
Level 41: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(46), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 44: Spirit Ward -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 47: Rune of Protection -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(48), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(45), PrfShf-End%(45)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

Some things to think about.  Miracle only works when the power is used then for 120 seconds after.  So in Spirit Ward that will be useless solo and you would have to remember to use it on teams every couple min.  Performance shifter +end also only works when the power is active.  With the long recharge on Kyoyo it will probably go off most of the time but not all the time.  So around 90% of the time,  instead of adding about 43 endurance, it will add 53.  If you swap that out for a recharge/end mod that would change that to 100% of the time it giving back 50 and being up about 2 seconds faster.   

Edited by HelenCarnate
  • Like 1

My proc fu is the weakest part of my character design skills and so it was a good learning experience to receive this feedback. Thank you. 

I switched the miracle proc back to health. It was worth giving up the heal proc in stamina to minimize endurance issues. 

I'm still weighing what to do with Kyoyo. An average of 52 end refill with the proc may outweigh the benefits of having a reliable 50 end refill per use of Kyoyo with end mod / recharge and a 2 second improvement in recharge without the proc. At least right now Kyoyo doesn't get that much use; that may change after recharge improves, though, and if it is used more often then I'll reconsider this. 

IIRC, Kuji-In Rin is your anti-mez clickie. I would much rather slot it with a single recharge rather than end redux. I also think that this clickie will handle all of your mez problems, so I would invest the power pick in something else other than rune of protection. Plus with the decent range def Ninjitsu has, mez shouldn't be a huge concern. Just my take.

Ninjitsu shouldn't be too end drainy. Not too familiar about Dark, though. What I'm getting at is you don't really need the Perf shifter end mod in your end clickie. the perf proc is sometimes enough to fill the entire bar. (I only have perf shifter end mod and the proc in stamina, and the proc in the clickie. end bar is manageable. dips every now and then, but the clickie takes care of it.

I think the end drain comes from Tough where you don't have any end redux at all. It does come at a rather high end cost. Whereas Bo-ryaku is an auto power that costs no end. You could switch the IOs so that Tough gets a bit of end redux, although I personally would slot a little more end redux in it (maybe the Aegis from Rune of Protection?)

If you can spare a slot, double slot sprint for celerity end + stealth. the set bonus is a nice freebie. 

Finally, Barrier on a sturdy secondary seems a waste. I would opt for Ageless for recharge and end when you really need it.

My two inf 😃

• Thanks 1

Ninjitsu is susceptible to slows. Slows, def debuffs and KB are your build's biggest holes, prioritized in that order. KB is a nuisance but it don't kill you, Def debuffs while dangerous is offset by your to-hit debuffs, shadow meld, rune, the two heals, , and that leaves slows, since your mitigation tools are dependent on recharge slows can wreck you.

I'd take dark consumption and use it as a mini nuke. Even with base end recovery slotting you should have no issues with endurance.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Level 50 Mutation Scrapper

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(17)
Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(3), ShlWal-Def(3), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(5)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(31)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(5), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), Rct-ResDam%(7)
Level 6: Shinobi-Iri -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(9), LucoftheG-Def(42), WntGif-ResSlow(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Heal(37), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), HO:Nucle(39), Mk'Bit-Dam%(39)
Level 10: Kuji-In Rin -- HO:Ribo(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15), LucoftheG-Def(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(46), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(50)
Level 18: Dark Consumption -- Obl-%Dam(A), Erd-%Dam(25), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), ScrDrv-Dam%(29)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(23), Pnc-Heal(23)
Level 22: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(34), Erd-%Dam(42)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-Psi/Status(45), Ags-ResDam(46)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dam%(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), GldStr-%Dam(36), Hct-Dmg(36), Mk'Bit-Dam%(36)
Level 35: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(39), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), StnoftheM-Dam%(40), Apc-Dam%(46)
Level 38: Bo Ryaku -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43), UnbGrd-ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 41: Shadow Meld -- HO:Membr(A)
Level 44: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(45)
Level 47: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(50), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(50)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
------------

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

19 hours ago, Six Six said:

IIRC, Kuji-In Rin is your anti-mez clickie. I would much rather slot it with a single recharge rather than end redux. I also think that this clickie will handle all of your mez problems, so I would invest the power pick in something else other than rune of protection. Plus with the decent range def Ninjitsu has, mez shouldn't be a huge concern. Just my take.

Ninjitsu shouldn't be too end drainy. Not too familiar about Dark, though. What I'm getting at is you don't really need the Perf shifter end mod in your end clickie. the perf proc is sometimes enough to fill the entire bar. (I only have perf shifter end mod and the proc in stamina, and the proc in the clickie. end bar is manageable. dips every now and then, but the clickie takes care of it.

I think the end drain comes from Tough where you don't have any end redux at all. It does come at a rather high end cost. Whereas Bo-ryaku is an auto power that costs no end. You could switch the IOs so that Tough gets a bit of end redux, although I personally would slot a little more end redux in it (maybe the Aegis from Rune of Protection?)

If you can spare a slot, double slot sprint for celerity end + stealth. the set bonus is a nice freebie. 

Finally, Barrier on a sturdy secondary seems a waste. I would opt for Ageless for recharge and end when you really need it.

My two inf 😃

You raise several points to be carefully considered. 

Your observation about the slotting for tough and bo ryaku is right on the mark and thank for noticing that; the slotting for them has been switched around to make endurance management easier. 

It makes sense that you look at ROP as a mez toggle because many players take it for that reason. And, ROP offers a bonus to knockback protection, which is noticeably helpful. But, the main reason to take it is to make resistances substantially better for about 50% of the time. So, for example, with ROP active energy / neg nrg resists change from 18.7% to 43.5%, which means about 25 - 30% less incoming damage of those types. With ROP active smash / lethal resists change from 44.8% to 69.9%, which cuts those damage types down by about 40%, or thereabouts. As some examples of when ROP gets used, during tonight's BAF ROP was used when up close and person with Siege / Nightstar. Nightstar got in a couple of pretty good whacks with her claws in a short time frame (bad RNG, as all defenses were 100% plus at the time). But, ROP helped to limit the damage received well enough that a siphon life hit and the heal clickie brought UB back to close to full health. Also, when fighting Rom in an ITF and nictus essences are firing off autohit damage, ROP will definitely be used. If a quartz or two is up when fighting devouring earth then that's another suitable time for ROP. And so on. In the end, ROP ends up functioning as a replacement for the T9 Kuji-in Retsu, but with better uptime, with no end crash, and with resistances from ROP generally offering more value to the build than a defense boost would offer.  

Regarding the clickie mez protection, Kuji-in Rin is on a 74 second recharge cycle, with a 120 second uptime. And, because UB has 30% recharge debuff resistance, a lot of recharge slow would need to be stacked up for a fair amount of time before kuji-in rin would be in danger of deactivating. In fact, end reduction is more helpful than recharge reduction both because reducing endurance costs is worthwhile and because there ends up being less castings of kuji-in rin when it isn't needed and when casting it might be cutting down on DPS. 

If a couple of slots can be spared then 3 pieces of explosive strike might go into kick for a bit more ranged defense (it's currently the weakest link in the cascading defense failure chain at 47.5%) or damage procs can be added to attacks. More fire / cold resist isn't a bad thing. It's just not touching on the key vulnerabilities / opportunities that if addressed would noticeably improve the build. 

Regarding the barrier destiny incarnate, your point about it's limited value for the build seems to be on the mark; a lower degree of concern about defenses is probably indicated given that UB will be chosen for team play in incarnates. UB will get ageless radial epiphany instead; it also helps to mitigate cascading defense failure by boosting debuff resistances, as well as boosting recharge rate and making endurance management even easier. 

Every few to several minutes the endurance clickie (Kyoyo) ends up being needed, often after some end drain by mobs. So, while endurance isn't a major strain on the build, UB isn't quite end neutral and sometimes needs a quick and hefty endurance infusion (Mr. Sapper, I'm looking at you ...). Especially now that UB will be switched to ageless radial epiphany for the destiny incarnate, though, just the default slot for Kyoyo may indeed be good enough. 

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed feedback. 

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney
  • Like 2

Thanks for explaining. I prefer this way rather than outright sharing builds because it allows to see the thinking and logic behind the slotting, not just stats and numbers.

If my suggestions helped you in anyway, I'm glad. But your reply definitely helped me as well. So thank you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tsuko said:

imo i would see such theme with a Dark Regen or Dark Willpower scrapper 🙂

This is a fair point. UB's mutant power connects him to the underworld / afterlife, which ends up bending the usual rule about the inevitability of death. So, any secondary that could connect to the underworld seems like a thematic choice. 

In truth I picked ninjitsu because I wanted to play it. I rationalized it as UB already being around for a fair while and going out of his way to learn ninjitsu, given that relying on a "fists up" defensive stance when fighting extremely dangerous opponents outside the boxing ring wouldn't go very well. 

7 hours ago, Tsuko said:

imo i would see such theme with a Dark Regen or Dark Willpower scrapper 🙂

Regen never feels tough enough and WP can feel meh to play, or have other issues with theme.  Sometimes you just have to go with another defense set, even on concepts that you'd like to use another on.

As for the OP.  Kyoyo only needs 1 or 2 End/Rch IOs in it, and +5 them.  On my StJ/Nin (also an immortal concept *high five*) I went down from 2 to 1 and it works out just fine.  However, you also have Dark Consumption.  I'd think I'd likely go with something close to this.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Level 50 Science Scrapper

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(7)
Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(17)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(17), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(21), Rct-Def/Rchg(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Rct-ResDam%(23)
Level 6: Shinobi-Iri -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(11), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(11)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(9), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Mk'Bit-Dam%(27)
Level 10: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(29), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(31)
Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A)
Level 18: Dark Consumption -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Erd-%Dam(19), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Obl-%Dam(31), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(33), PwrTrns-+Heal(33)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36), Prv-Absorb%(36)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(29), GldArm-ResDam(37), GldArm-3defTpProc(37)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 28: Bo Ryaku -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 30: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(40), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dam%(43), CldSns-%Dam(45)
Level 35: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Apc-Dam%(46), CldSns-%Dam(46)
Level 38: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(46), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 41: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 47: Spirit Ward -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- Ags-ResDam/Rchg(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-EndRdx(A), Clr-Stlth(42)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(31), Pnc-Heal/+End(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(34)
------------

Midnight Grasp > Smite > Moonbeam > Smite > Pick An Attack (Siphon Life, Dark Consumption, Soul Drain) > Repeat looks like would be pretty good ST DPS (Shadow Maul being the worst ST attack)

Perma Hasten too.

6 hours ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

This is a fair point. UB's mutant power connects him to the underworld / afterlife, which ends up bending the usual rule about the inevitability of death. So, any secondary that could connect to the underworld seems like a thematic choice. 

In truth I picked ninjitsu because I wanted to play it. I rationalized it as UB already being around for a fair while and going out of his way to learn ninjitsu, given that relying on a "fists up" defensive stance when fighting extremely dangerous opponents outside the boxing ring wouldn't go very well. 

4 hours ago, BrandX said:

Regen never feels tough enough and WP can feel meh to play, or have other issues with theme.  Sometimes you just have to go with another defense set, even on concepts that you'd like to use another on.

I said that because of self rez in each armor 😉

That being said @BrandX 's build is strong.

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

On 8/7/2020 at 11:43 PM, Six Six said:

Thanks for explaining. I prefer this way rather than outright sharing builds because it allows to see the thinking and logic behind the slotting, not just stats and numbers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^...
...hot-damn, someone else gets it! 
;D

@BrandX The low tier Red Fortune benefits are capped.  It's the same S/L benefit in Reactive Defenses.  So one of the sets could swap out 2 slots for some other set or even go for a 3pc LotG for minor HP gains.  Everything else looks great though.  

I think the concept of Dark/Nin is pretty awesome @EnjoyTheJourney.  Let us all know how it turns out!

1 hour ago, oldskool said:

@BrandX The low tier Red Fortune benefits are capped.  It's the same S/L benefit in Reactive Defenses.  So one of the sets could swap out 2 slots for some other set or even go for a 3pc LotG for minor HP gains.  Everything else looks great though.  

I think the concept of Dark/Nin is pretty awesome @EnjoyTheJourney.  Let us all know how it turns out!

Yup, you're right.  I missed that because I didn't notice the 1.5% in Crushing Impact, which I went for the 5% Recharge.

So, yeah, I'd switch one of those Red Fortune's with LotG of the same type, for the Regen and HP bonuses.

9 hours ago, oldskool said:

TY! Although I also get the rationale mentioned earlier for a self-rez in the secondary; it makes good thematic sense. 

Regarding the alternative builds offered, there are things to like about both of them. Nemu seems particularly good at putting Hami-Os to effective use, which quite a few players (myself included) tend to overlook. BrandX seems well practiced at builds that strike a careful balance between DPS and defenses. Both are clearly practiced at building with goals in mind and working with a lot of puzzle pieces to get there. 

UB's build will be revisited after a few more vet levels in which I'm hoping to get a better sense of his in-game strengths and weaknesses. My best guess is that he'll end up incorporating elements of both builds suggested here, in the end. So, thank you for the suggestions. 

• 3 weeks later

one of my favorites to play is my DM/NIN scrapper. The native -tohit from DM pairs well with NIN.  here's the build I use currently.  works well enough for me to easily farm +4x8 of anything.

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1461;663;1326;HEX;|
|78DA65945953D35014C76FDAC4D0952E2C65B316050B480097676714F40161D0BA3|
|CD6585208C40693A0EDA35FC1F50B28EA8B1FC4F55DFD0AA80F32EA28C6D39CBFAD|
|33CD34F36BFFF76CF79C7BBB549F8FBF3C7FF7B49092672DDD75CBA58AA36F6D198|
|EBAAC7BDB8E6E89E6A3D23BF06FA5BC645886A1CDEBCE267F6DAFCC1B55A3E61ADA|
|B259DB303D775B24566CDBD2CE996BEB9E595BCBF02FDBA91865BB5ABE665A564F2|
|02DD4C9DBBC69D43CDD33ED5A8CEDACA65B7A61CBAC6867ECD5467949773DC369E4|
|A898717A1D55E0F115715D16624E16133A73F20658015799C70CA632416E52E01B1|
|63D52A08552609629F7325D15A694477A15E6B5D7CC036FC0B7CCAE77E07BE89427|
|8C3C61E489224F1479E2C8A392AD025B05B671D826619B84EDB6CA4369D6A42628D|