Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self

Xandyr

I believe that the way it works is there is a global lockout after it fires once, in which it can not fire again.  It's fairly short -- seconds.  But if you had say two click endmod powers and had power transfer slotted in both, and you fired them off one after another, the second one would guarantee not to fire.

Disclaimer:  I'm putting together some stuff that I've seen in the forums with some supposition.  Please do not take this as gospel.

Each additional proc in a toggle has half the chance to fire as the previous. The cause does appear to be a lock out, and that the ten-second tick of your toggles gets reset and resynchronized when you zone, making all toggles fire at the same time. The first one is great. A second isn’t bad. A third is meh. A fourth is getting silly.

It was discussed in this thread. Read all the comments for an education on it. You can slot multiples, however if you slot multiples in Autos/Toggles, you can only get one proc at the time the proc chance fires (once per 10s).  All the procs have the same chance to fire, but once one fires, the rest can't. 

This makes the math more about finding the probability of not firing, then subtracting that from 100% to calculate your chance of procing at least once (which translates to getting 1 heal proc no matter what).

If you are using electric attacks like Electric Blast or Electrical Affinity, you don't have to worry about this issue as much.

At this point, I could keep going with a novel of information, but it would be easier to ask what specifically you want to know and we can answer.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

It was discussed in this thread. Read all the comments for an education on it. You can slot multiples, however if you slot multiples in Autos/Toggles, you can only get one proc at the time the proc chance fires (once per 10s).  All the procs have the same chance to fire, but once one fires, the rest can't. 

This makes the math more about finding the probability of not firing, then subtracting that from 100% to calculate your chance of procing at least once (which translates to getting 1 heal proc no matter what).

If you are using electric attacks like Electric Blast or Electrical Affinity, you don't have to worry about this issue as much.

At this point, I could keep going with a novel of information, but it would be easier to ask what specifically you want to know and we can answer.

My main tank is Bio Armor. I *could * slot one of these in 3 different auto powers. I was just wondering if it would actually be "worth" doing so. From what I'm hearing, it would be a waste to do so. Better to stick with just 1, maybe 2 to ensure I get a "reliable " proc rate.

1 hour ago, Xandyr said:

My main tank is Bio Armor. I *could * slot one of these in 3 different auto powers. I was just wondering if it would actually be "worth" doing so. From what I'm hearing, it would be a waste to do so. Better to stick with just 1, maybe 2 to ensure I get a "reliable " proc rate.

Yup, if you're thinking of using it in an auto power, then assume having 1 PT will give you 3 procs per minute. With 2, you will get 4.5 procs per minute. With three, you will get 5.25 procs per minute. With infinite procs, you will get 6 procs per minute. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn