Necro, questions and advice.

The_Warpact

So I know they get a bad rap, but, I enjoy the necro set.

Yeah, they are mindless and f!cked up an LRSF or two, at least in my experience.

But, I like them.

So my question is how does everyone typically slot them? 

Is there powers that I should skip? I have it paired with /storm because honestly hurricanes, tornados, and lightning storms PLUS zombies seems like chaos and my oh my i love me some chaos.

So let me know, your experience, advice, whatever, I'm open and ready to hear it.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

48 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

So I know they get a bad rap, but, I enjoy the necro set.

Yeah, they are mindless and f!cked up an LRSF or two, at least in my experience.

But, I like them.

So my question is how does everyone typically slot them? 

Is there powers that I should skip? I have it paired with /storm because honestly hurricanes, tornados, and lightning storms PLUS zombies seems like chaos and my oh my i love me some chaos.

So let me know, your experience, advice, whatever, I'm open and ready to hear it.

That icon used to be my Phone wallpaper on my windows phone.. lol 

• Like 1

I’m away from my computer for my Mids build, but this is the basic chassis for any Necro mastermind I construct. 

Tier 1

Overwhelming Force proc in zombies; Max Accuracy and damage; good place for 4-set Superior Command of the Mastermind (for 10% recharge).

Tier 2

Achilles Heel -res, 2 piece Superior Mark of Supremacy (10% recharge); Shield Breaker of Lady Grey proc; Soulbound Allegiance proc; Max damage remainder.

Tier 3

Again, 2 piece Superior Mark of Supremacy (10% recharge); Cloud Senses proc (triggered by almost all attacks; an HO to buff controls along with  accuracy or damage based on need; aim for at least ~60% accuracy (rely on Supremacy and tactics for remainder, or if talking about Storm, freezing rain). The damage is pretty pathetic - relatively - for the Lich. The proc helps.

For soul extraction, final 2 piece Superior Mark of Supremacy (10% recharge) and remainder of protective unique IOs.

For Necro/Storm, your pets serve as bodyguard fodder during the times the chaos is less severe. Storm will be the heavy lifting on damage. Usually, global recharge is the focus to get more lightning storms, freezing rain patches, and tornadoes out. Grave Knights will be useful for surgically targeting hard targets for focus damage. @Frosticus has a viscous demon/storm build somewhere on the forums. Definitely search that up for more ideas. 

For APP/patrons, either fire for bonfire (with proc) or Mu for a targeted AOE immobilize.

Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

54 minutes ago, Nyghtmaire said:

I’m away from my computer for my Mids build, but this is the basic chassis for any Necro mastermind I construct. 

Tier 1

Overwhelming Force proc in zombies; Max Accuracy and damage; good place for 4-set Superior Command of the Mastermind (for 10% recharge).

Tier 2

Achilles Heel -res, 2 piece Superior Mark of Supremacy (10% recharge); Shield Breaker of Lady Grey proc; Soulbound Allegiance proc; Max damage remainder.

Tier 3

Again, 2 piece Superior Mark of Supremacy (10% recharge); Cloud Senses proc (triggered by almost all attacks; an HO to buff controls along with  accuracy or damage based on need; aim for at least ~60% accuracy (rely on Supremacy and tactics for remainder, or if talking about Storm, freezing rain). The damage is pretty pathetic - relatively - for the Lich. The proc helps.

For soul extraction, final 2 piece Superior Mark of Supremacy (10% recharge) and remainder of protective unique IOs.

For Necro/Storm, your pets serve as bodyguard fodder during the times the chaos is less severe. Storm will be the heavy lifting on damage. Usually, global recharge is the focus to get more lightning storms, freezing rain patches, and tornadoes out. Grave Knights will be useful for surgically targeting hard targets for focus damage. @Frosticus has a viscous demon/storm build somewhere on the forums. Definitely search that up for more ideas. 

For APP/patrons, either fire for bonfire (with proc) or Mu for a targeted AOE immobilize.

Have fun!

Perfect thank you so very much. 

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

2 hours ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Have fun!

Got the rech, S/L, and some end management. I also based it on my playstyle. With Incarnate T4 it soars of course.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Isingoth Ghul: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Necromancy
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(3), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(5), HO:Nucle(7)
Level 1: Gale -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), SuddAcc-KB/Dmg/End(50)
Level 2: O2 Boost -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(46)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 6: Enchant Undead -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Life Drain -- TchoftheN-Heal(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(40), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(40), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(40), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(43), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(45)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(11), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(11), GldArm-End/Res(17), GldArm-ResDam(33), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(34)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), SprMarofS-Dmg(13), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(15), SlbAll-Build%(15), HO:Nucle(17)
Level 14: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(50)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- TchofLadG-DefDeb/EndRdx(A), TchofLadG-DefDeb(43), TchofLadG-DefDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(48)
Level 18: Soul Extraction -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SvrRgh-PetResDam(19), EdcoftheM-PetDef(21), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(21), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(23)
Level 20: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(23), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(36)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(25)
Level 26: Lich -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(27), CldSns-%Dam(27), HO:Enzym(29), HO:Centri(29), HO:Nucle(31)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Build%(37)
Level 35: Dark Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Tornado -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(39)
Level 41: Lightning Storm -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48)
Level 44: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(46), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46)
Level 47: Snow Storm -- TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(A), TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(7), PwrTrns-EndMod(9)
Level 1: Zombie 
Level 12: Grave Knight 
Level 26: Lich 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Ion Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
------------

• 1 year later

replying to save thread for later. 

I'm running a necro/cold currently, medicine, hasten, and leadership. thinking of swapping medicine for sorcery(spirit ward). hes already 50 but far from perfect. any advice with cold is appreciated. working through the search results now.

Thanks,

Coldergrave

8 hours ago, Colder said:

replying to save thread for later. 

I'm running a necro/cold currently, medicine, hasten, and leadership. thinking of swapping medicine for sorcery(spirit ward). hes already 50 but far from perfect. any advice with cold is appreciated. working through the search results now.

Thanks,

Coldergrave

Cold will compliment the -to hit debuffs that the zombies have. Cold has some terrific debuffs that will help out on the tougher stuff.

Keep your pets alive is the key, I have zero experience with sorcery on a mm, so I question the motive for getting rid of a heal considering cold has none.

7 hours ago, Randolk said:

Bad rep? Necro/dark is one of my most solid and reliable toons. There's very little he can't do with all that -to hit flying around.

I know on live they were known for not paying attention and doing their own thing particularly during LRSF lol.

I have a /dark, /EA, /Storm, and thinking of making a /thermal too.

I love the zombies, they remind me of people in rl. 😉

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I know on live they were known for not paying attention and doing their own thing particularly during LRSF lol.

I have a /dark, /EA, /Storm, and thinking of making a /thermal too.

I love the zombies, they remind me of people in rl. 😉

The minions still bolt from all the Rikti ground effects (mainly the monkeys). Otherwise, they’re much improved on Homecoming. Spam those GoTo macros!

With resistance shields for Necro, I’d like to suggest /sonic. With aggressive slotting you can push the Pets’ resistances 80+. They heal themselves post-32. With the KD from bonfire, the overwhelming KD Proc in the zombies , and native -ToHit, it becomes VERY sturdy. Add the medicine pool (or pick up Spirit Ward from Sorcery) for additional safety. With the Diagmagnetic T3 -ToHit power, they will be effectively soft capped as well. 

That said, Necro is my favorite mastermind primary in almost all circumstances. With @The_Warpact on zombie love!

• Thanks 1

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

1 hour ago, Nyghtmaire said:

The minions still bolt from all the Rikti ground effects (mainly the monkeys). Otherwise, they’re much improved on Homecoming. Spam those GoTo macros!

With resistance shields for Necro, I’d like to suggest /sonic. With aggressive slotting you can push the Pets’ resistances 80+. They heal themselves post-32. With the KD from bonfire, the overwhelming KD Proc in the zombies , and native -ToHit, it becomes VERY sturdy. Add the medicine pool (or pick up Spirit Ward from Sorcery) for additional safety. With the Diagmagnetic T3 -ToHit power, they will be effectively soft capped as well. 

That said, Necro is my favorite mastermind primary in almost all circumstances. With @The_Warpact on zombie love!

You know I didn't think of /sonic as it gets alot of hate, which i believe stems from the graphics.

That being said since I'm at work and can't access Mids, how does the debuffs rate against thermals debuffs?

Running a Necro/Storm now, currently mid-40's.   I've played /Storm with just about every other set -but- necro so thought I'd round that out with this build.  It's an homage to Michael Jackson's "Thriller," complete with annoying emotes and henchmen pet conversation and all.

As with my other /Stormies I've opted for S/L +Def softcap,   It's a good native recharge build but with all those FF+Rech procs going off actual +recharge is quite high....I'm routinely headed to the next spawn with 245% +Recharge or higher.

Of course with all that +Recharge you'll be throwing out double Tornado and  double Lightning Storm regularly.  I have Burnout in my build also and it's up more than paper values suggest with all the FF+Rech proccage.  I tend to use it as it pops by using a bind to Release (not Dismiss...I want the corpse) my Lich, create a Wraith off it via Soul Extraction, re-summon the Lich, repeat the bind to Release him again, Burnout>Soul Extraction to create a second Wraith and then resummon the Wraith again.  You can also use Burnout during tough hard target fights against AV's for triple LS along with the double Wraiths via double Soul Extraction.  It's situational, sure, but its kind of fun to run around with effectively 8 henchmen.  Once I have Lore Pets I will have 10 pets out at once.  More of a party trick than anything but....it's meant to be a fun/gimmick build and it scratches that itch for me (especially when Tito brings me a tissue after a team wipe....).

Endurance, like with -all- Storm players, is an issue.  But between Survival Amplifier, Base Empowerment, Recovery Serum and sweating it until you get your Accolades and Ageless, it's manageable on Homecoming.  Victory Rush isn't bad if you can squeeze it in during leveling, but you won't need it post Ageless.  I've just learned to enjoy having a high health bar and almost no END most play sessions.

I cobbled this build together from a few different ones.  I can't credit everyone so I'll just say "Thanks all you great MM players" and share mine here.  Use it as you will.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

MJ's Thriller: Level 50 Natural Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Necromancy
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(5)
Level 1: Gale -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(7)
Level 2: Gloom -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(7), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(9), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SphIns-%ToHit(11)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Enchant Undead -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(13)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15), LucoftheG-Def(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), Rct-Def(19)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg(19), AchHee-ResDeb%(21), TchofLadG-%Dam(21), SlbAll-Build%(23), ShlBrk-%Dam(23)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Ann-ResDeb%(25), TchofLadG-%Dam(27)
Level 18: Soul Extraction -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(27), SvrRgh-PetResDam(29), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(29), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(31), EdcoftheM-PetDef(31)
Level 20: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(31), GldArm-End/Res(33)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(33), LucoftheG-Def(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(34), GifoftheA-Def(34)
Level 26: Lich -- SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(36), CldSns-%Dam(36), CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(36), HO:Endo(37), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(37)
Level 28: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 30: Burnout -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Dark Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Tornado -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(37), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), AchHee-ResDeb%(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Dam%(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(A), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(43), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(43), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(43), GrvAnc-Hold%(45)
Level 44: Mace Beam Volley -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dam%(45), ExpStr-Dam%(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), Ann-ResDeb%(46)
Level 47: Life Drain -- Prv-Absorb%(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(47), ThfofEss-+End%(47), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(48), Thn-Acc/Dmg(48), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(49)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 1: Zombie 
Level 12: Grave Knight 
Level 26: Lich 
------------

Edited by Crysis
*ran outta END!
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

You know I didn't think of /sonic as it gets alot of hate, which i believe stems from the graphics.

That being said since I'm at work and can't access Mids, how does the debuffs rate against thermals debuffs?

Thermal debuffs are pretty awesome and superior on almost all levels to Sonic (imho). Sonic on the other hand - not so good. It brings a lot of -res and little else. Liquify does interesting things, but the cool down is prohibitive.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

@Crysis I'll have to pull out my build on Mids. I dont recall having end issues so I'm curious to get yours on Mids to compare. 

Hopefully tomorrow.

I have no END issues with /Storm once I hit Incarnates.  Leveling up to that can be problematic though, especially with a high recharge and Burnout in the set and even more so if you spam your Gale/Tornado/LS and use your attacks.

I'd be interested to see how you fare as your build and my own are almost identical for END use and Recovery.

Edited by Crysis
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Crysis said:

I have no END issues with /Storm once I hit Incarnates.  Leveling up to that can be problematic though, especially with a high recharge and Burnout in the set and even more so if you spam your Gale/Tornado/LS and use your attacks.

I'd be interested to see how you fare as your build and my own are almost identical for END use and Recovery.

Finally took forever to track down, I see the differences though and they are slight. I favor the debuff alittle more while you went the attacks route.

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1583;750;1500;HEX;|
|78DA6594CB4F135114C6EF74A63C0B14DAF22C8F16102C74DA511237468CA8C4480|
|D098ABA224D196813DAA97D4458BAF02F70E1D6850F7CE1CE188D0BE32368F43F70|
|A17103410515D4B8190F73BE74483A49F3BBF3DD73CF39F79B7B1B5B3CEE5A19BF3|
|22A24F7D8423C9F9F89C5F3053D974E65669DB1F87C2A210B21EA4EE5539979A390|
|EC194F16172A49F1DB613353C574DAC8A867F444CE48C73389A5EE3D93C78A7373E|
|A54C1C8A511478944CDA4612CA853595D9F75F1D0C825F4DC529DF57232359F2C50|
|5883F536A1C767F55C3E99CAFA4F645309754FEE583CA1A3DFA5566A2A42BF65A7C|
|0633AC5676A5E5384E315F886A9AC82AF991587295C91455629AD95C417C59AD33E|
|312F11249E93A5355E37BC0E7E6586379841724896388F3C242C2D02DEA3FEB8455|
|33803ACDD27A1123D577A38C74033E8031F3B2C869E32879F31F3D45735D77256BB|
|254BABF1823EA65BE31C3D116620CA7C40756B51B7F605E5F328C27596F7EB3ACFA|
|CFFC075EAC7986E7875AD9F8E05BCAAFBC8735A07E72DD0D2069E7334BC47DFABCC|
|C83BE643AADD88DA8D17B956D33970877DF1AE1307886F396FF336AF95C82C0F3CF|
|498F40899141F5CF01D40740B099D8AE8DAE6F7AE1D66EF5FF00F4E01AD6DE1B58E|
|1638D80A075BE1E00A75DB866EDB2E7097EDD3E09AC3AAE33FC4CEF847985D70AA9|
|1F277707EB903F903C81F40FEDED3DC4B13C57672ACE8C4E9F090D68DBD75DF6407|
|7A6E81B7997D77C065F02EF311F51D845341E4BB4C6DF7E324F7FFE2B87D3FC11FE|
|02673916207517B7098B5FD61500523F8C2517CE1ABCC27B4A521F83A847D87B1EF|
|30F65DA4FC2A4E910AFF34D04BFB8EA2F728E263BB3794739A7EFBB6EEBED229982|
|85326ED5B2B244BF956430A1C96C2ECC8F7BDDA206B9BB62649D35CBD2AC05F69CB|
|9E7348D779B715BFF934546D314365BD44CB14AD4C3958A68C9429D56EFA7761859|
|F1B74173408ED5E1AC3A097417BFCDC638F37FAECF1915029BD391A2AFD1D984743|
|A5036FFE6BB6E3FF0311DF0B71|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Your build and mine just proves that Masterminds are incredibly diverse as an AT.  Two builds, nearly the same specs, slotted differently in a few different powers within the sets and you end up with very different playstyles.  I often have two different builds with my MM's because it's so easy to create an almost entirely different "feel" by simply changing up slotting and power selections.  

MM's are my favorite AT and when this game when dormant I looked high and low for a replacement to the AT in other games....never found one.  MM's are flawed in many ways, still need some tuning even after more than a decade of being introduced but are easily the most fun I ever have playing a single class in any game.  I think I got hooked on the AT "archetype" after playing a game called "Overlord" back in the 1990's.  Not the same then, but the tactical micromanagement of the henchmen just makes it a very active set.  I almost feel like I'm playing against myself half the time as mismanagement of my powers can fold back on me quickly.

But here's our two builds side by side to help illustrate.

I may just respec into yours for my secondary build.

image.thumb.png.7bb493b8d35ee57922d58ebcf661c9b1.png

• Like 1

@Crysis I agree I think you love MM just as much as I do, the loss I felt from not having that archetype after live went black was overwhelming.

I have so many MMs, with plans for more, and necro by far is my favorite primary.

I love my build just for the chaos factor standing in the thick of mobs with all the weather effects going off multiple times in fact, and the zombies just running all over chasing down the mob and slaughtering them.

So fun, this thread just gave me an idea for two more lol. I see the draw for your build with the attacks and your pattern, and like you said so many different ways to reach the same destination, the wholesale slaughter of your enemies lol.

Thanks!

On 9/13/2021 at 3:40 AM, Randolk said:

Bad rep? Necro/dark is one of my most solid and reliable toons. There's very little he can't do with all that -to hit flying around.

Would you mind posting your best build?

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Hello you crazy Necros,

I had a question. I regularly run 3 box teams of MMs - I have Robots, Demons, and Thugs. I am debating if I want to try a 3 box of Necros, but I am wondering what synergy there might be between them.

Robots = Lots, and Lots, of area damage. Stuff just melts if you stack it all.

Demons = Stacking resistance buffs, making for some extremely sturdy pets. Its seriously like having a whole taskforce of tankers with you.

Thugs = Stacking free leadership toggles, meaning everything is beyond defense caps.

I have no great experience with Necromancy, think I leveled one the old fashioned way to 28ish? But from what I have read/heard, they are the debuffers/CC set. So here are my questions, about Necromancy specifically -

1. Do you have any guesses about their target caps? (as in, how many can be affected by Zombie Vomit/Lich Tendrils, so on)

2. What is their damage like? I know its mostly a melee set, but not sure how good/bad they are compared to the other sets.

3. How do they usually favor slotting? Go for the set bonus or do they benefit from damage proc slotting?

4. Do they have any built in buffs? All 3 I have tried so far all have built in features - Robots Bubble Shield, Demons Resistance buffs, Thugs toggles. But unless I missed something, they don't have any built-in features aside from a few -hit things and the liches fear. So do they have higher base stats to compensate, or are they heavily reliant on secondary pairings?

I guess my main worry is that in such a high target environment (50-80+ things being fought at once), that possible low target caps on the debuffs/CCs would render them moot, particularly with what looks on paper to be "squishy pets".

I power-farm with 3 Mms at a time, fighting 80+ things at once. Might try Necromancy out to give it a whirl, also thinking about beasts possibly as well later on.

Thanks bunches!

7 hours ago, Randolk said:

Thank you!

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

10 hours ago, Neiska said:

Hello you crazy Necros,

I had a question. I regularly run 3 box teams of MMs - I have Robots, Demons, and Thugs. I am debating if I want to try a 3 box of Necros, but I am wondering what synergy there might be between them.

Robots = Lots, and Lots, of area damage. Stuff just melts if you stack it all.

Demons = Stacking resistance buffs, making for some extremely sturdy pets. Its seriously like having a whole taskforce of tankers with you.

Thugs = Stacking free leadership toggles, meaning everything is beyond defense caps.

I have no great experience with Necromancy, think I leveled one the old fashioned way to 28ish? But from what I have read/heard, they are the debuffers/CC set. So here are my questions, about Necromancy specifically -

1. Do you have any guesses about their target caps? (as in, how many can be affected by Zombie Vomit/Lich Tendrils, so on)

2. What is their damage like? I know its mostly a melee set, but not sure how good/bad they are compared to the other sets.

3. How do they usually favor slotting? Go for the set bonus or do they benefit from damage proc slotting?

4. Do they have any built in buffs? All 3 I have tried so far all have built in features - Robots Bubble Shield, Demons Resistance buffs, Thugs toggles. But unless I missed something, they don't have any built-in features aside from a few -hit things and the liches fear. So do they have higher base stats to compensate, or are they heavily reliant on secondary pairings?

I guess my main worry is that in such a high target environment (50-80+ things being fought at once), that possible low target caps on the debuffs/CCs would render them moot, particularly with what looks on paper to be "squishy pets".

I power-farm with 3 Mms at a time, fighting 80+ things at once. Might try Necromancy out to give it a whirl, also thinking about beasts possibly as well later on.

Thanks bunches!

To save you a bunch of answers, Necromancy does not mix well with fire. To the point that it causes significant issues.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later