Fighting Synergy, in-game statistics

cohRock

I gathered statistics from Pool Power, who has all elements involved in Fighting Synergy.

Level 36 Dark/Willpower Brute

Brawl (Acc)
12.72 smashing damage on target
+100.00% strength to recharge for 10.00s on target. Ignores buffs and enhancements
Special to hit for 10.00s on target. Ignores buffs and enhancements
-10.00% regeneration rate for 10.00s on target. Ignores buffs and enhancements
-10.00% recovery rate for 10.00s on target. Ignores buffs and enhancements

Boxing (Acc/Dmg/Stun)
Specialsmashing damage on target (+15% from Kick, +15% from Cross Punch)
10.00% chance for 2.00 magnitude stun for 5.82s(4.32s) on target
35.00% chance for 3.00 magnitude stun for 5.82s(4.32s) on target
-2.00% endurance on target. Ignores buffs and enhancements
-5.00% recovery rate for 4.00s on target. Ignores buffs and enhancements

Kick (Acc/Dmg/Dmg)
Special smashing damage on target (+15% from Boxing, +15% from Cross Punch)
15.00% chance for 0.67 magnitude knock on target
40.00% chance for 0.67 magnitude knock on target
-3.00% endurance on target. Ignores buffs and enhancements
-5.00% recovery rate for 4.00s on target. Ignores buffs and enhancements

Cross Punch (Acc/Stun/Dmg/Dmg
Effect Area: Cone -- 7.00 ft. radius, 50.00 degree arc (5 targets max)
Special smashing damage on target (+15% from Boxing, +15% from Kick)
+100.00% strength to recharge for 6.00s on self. Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable
Special to hit for 6.00s on self. Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable
40.00% chance for 0.67 magnitude knock on target
20.00% chance for 3.00 magnitude stun for 8.20s(6.00s) on target after 0.50s delay

Sands of Mu (included for cone comparison; not part of Fighting Synergy)
Effect Area: Cone -- 7.00 ft. radius, 45.00 degree arc (5 targets max)

For some reason, damage does not seem to be documented for any of the Fighting Pool attacks.  I don't plan to add more than one damage enhancement to Boxing though, since it's damage is described as "Light" (which is presumably greater than Brawl's "Minor" damage of 12.72).  But don't ignore Brawl!  It includes 100% recharge for 10 seconds!  If you are seeking a route to perma-Hasten, adding a fully synergized Brawl to your attack chain might be what gets you there.  Heck, add the 100% recharge for 6 seconds from Cross Punch, and you might not even want Hasten.  🙂

Edited by cohRock
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Banjo 1

-- Rock

7 hours ago, cohRock said:

But don't ignore Brawl!  It includes 100% recharge for 10 seconds!  If you are seeking a route to perma-Hasten, adding a fully synergized Brawl to your attack chain might be what gets you there.  Heck, add the 100% recharge for 6 seconds from Cross Punch, and you might not even want Hasten.  🙂

I'm afraid Brawl isn't +100% recharge to you. Cross Punch gives the +10%, but Brawl does not. 

Tested too just to be sure. 

Although, CP is actually +10% per target hit... I got +40% from hitting 4 D;

Edited by kiramon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1

26 minutes ago, kiramon said:

Cross Punch will also take a Forced Feedback proc. I think I'll switch my slotting on my Ice/Ice scrapper (who uses it instead of Greater Ice Sword) from 6 multistrike to 3 Eradication, 2 multis and a Forced Feedback. 

Downside is it cannot crit. 

Edited by Carnifax
  • Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Just now, Carnifax said:

Cross Punch will also take a Forced Feedback proc. I think I'll switch my slotting on my Ice/Ice scrapper (who uses it instead of Greater Ice Sword) from 6 multistrike to 3 Eradication, 2 multis and a Forced Feedback. 

I almost always end up with 5x S Avalanche 1x FF in it. 

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, kiramon said:

I'm afraid Brawl isn't +100% recharge to you. Cross Punch gives the +10%, but Brawl does not. 

Tested too just to be sure. 

Do you think the in-game description is wrong, or that the goal design was not met (bugged)?  You mention CP recharge at 10%.  Did you mean 100% (as documented)?  Also, with CP's 6-second +recharge window, how do you have time to stack 4 of them?

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

-- Rock

9 minutes ago, cohRock said:

Do you think the in-game description is wrong, or that the goal design was not met (bugged)?  You mention CP recharge at 10%.  Did you mean 100% (as documented)?  Also, with CP's 6-second +recharge window, how do you have time to stack 4 of them?

1. Brawl description states it will decrease enemy. I think the power.info is wrong, since that seems different. I can Power Analyze and see it do the -20% recharge on enemies.

2. Nope, 10%.

3. Each target hit (in the cone) gives a flat +10%. 

Edited by kiramon
  • Like 1
  • Banjo 1

15 minutes ago, kiramon said:

1. Brawl description states it will decrease enemy. I think the power.info is wrong, since that seems different. I can Power Analyze and see it do the -20% recharge on enemies.

2. Nope, 10%.

3. Each target hit (in the cone) gives a flat +10%. 

Yes, it's 5% if you have Boxing and 5% if you have Kick. 

The 100% is plain wrong. Dunno why that is there ingame (I didn't even know it was til I went and checked just now)

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

• 3 years later

" If you have trained Boxing or Kick, Brawl will also reduce the target's attack speed and chance to hit. The strength of this effect increases if both Boxing and Kick are owned. If you have trained Cross Punch, Brawl will also reduce the target's regeneration and recovery. "

It's not a buff. It's a debuff for your target ! You have to train Boxing and kick before.

Brawl is very underrated...

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1

On 3/31/2024 at 6:30 PM, Snarky said:

3 years later.  You think they have been sitting in fron tof the comp desperately wanting this response for 3 years?   

brawling their way 1-50

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Moose 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

9 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Thus was born Fighting Man!  Watch him kick, punch, and brawl his way to victory.

Something like this has been done before.  From the Mists of Time....  (Not my Toon, but one I learned of.)

Brawling Humiliator

Motto
Mamma said knock you out!

Description

A concept character.

Calvin Stanton is a former boxer, no longer relevant in that sport.
But he just feels the need to... go punch people.
Probably too many blows to the head. But that's why he has a helmet, right?
He goes out and punches the bad guys now... for JUSTICE. And glory. And... stuff.

(Dude only uses Brawl, Build Up, and Hasten, plus the occasional inspiration or two,
and a Red Wisp vet pet, if it sticks around.
That's it for damage.  Sweeper only, no teams, no missions, no contacts.)

That's a War Mace/Willpower/Energy Mastery Brute that someone played with just Brawl, Build Up, and Hasten to L50.  Street Sweeping all the way.  Now that's dedication.

• Like 2
  • Moose 1

I've really wanted to know just how the damage bonus from Fighting synergy works. I tried reading City of Data, and it's... opaque. Maybe my reading comprehension has gone the way of my hair as I get older, I dunno. I'd really love to know whether they are actually worth taking and using over, say, Super Strength's forgettable 6 powers (ie, everything except Knockout Punch, Rage, and Foot Stomp). It's not even clear to me if that bonus 15% damage is an increase to their base damage or a buff, which makes a substantial difference when you are (as I am) considering them on a Brute.

• Like 1
  • Moose 1

Well, I busted out my extremely rusty computerese skills, and came up with this. All on a level 50 Brute with all Fighting attacks taken, and assuming that I'm understanding DPA calculations as the game does them, and assuming that the synergy changes base damage instead of applying a 15% damage enhancement to the power (that last one is a big assumption):

Boxing: 41.207 damage, 1.067 animation time, 38.620 DPA

Kick: 45.544 damage, 1.833 animation time, 24.847 DPA

Cross Punch: 68.860 damage, 1.67 animation time, 41.233 DPA

Jab: 28.3612 damage, 1.067 animation time, 26.580 DPA

Punch: 41.7077 damage, 1.2 animation time, 34.756 DPA

Haymaker: 68.4066 damage, 1.5 animation time, 45.600 DPA

So the fighting pools look pretty decent compared to the first 3 attacks in Super Strength. Not definitively better, but decent. For most Brute builds, you have to take one of the Fighting pool attacks anyway, so you may as well use it. The secondary effects from the synergy I'm not considering, just purely on a damage output basis. This all depends on taking *ALL* of them, though. If you're only taking one of the Fighting attacks, even Jab is comparable, and Punch and Haymaker both outshine it.

It also depends on my assumption that the synergy effect is part of the base damage of the attack. If it's just an enhancement, they're still trash, at least on a Brute.

• Moose 1

16 hours ago, TheMoncrief said:

I've really wanted to know just how the damage bonus from Fighting synergy works. I tried reading City of Data, and it's... opaque.

CoD2 takes a bit of experience to read.  Especially in the form in these links, which specifies no AT.  Links for Brawl, Boxing, Kick, and Cross Punch.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=inherent.inherent.brawl

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=pool.fighting.boxing

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=pool.fighting.kick

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=pool.fighting.cross_punch

Fortunately the descriptive blocks for each power is accurate and matches what the settings do.  Remainder of this post quotes those texts below.

Brawl

Melee, Minor DMG(Smashing), Fighting Synergy

When all else fails, you have only your two fists to depend on, and will cause smashing damage to your target. Brawl also features a synergy with the Fighting pool. If you have trained Boxing or Kick, Brawl will also reduce the target's attack speed and chance to hit. The strength of this effect increases if both Boxing and Kick are owned. If you have trained Cross Punch, Brawl will also reduce the target's regeneration and recovery.

Boxing

Melee, DMG(Smash), Fighting Synergy, Foe Stun

You strike your opponent with a strong punch that causes light smashing damage and has a small chance to stun foes.
If you have also trained Kick, this power's damage is increased by 15% and your chance to stun increases.
If you have also trained Cross Punch, this power's damage is increased by 15% and will fatigue the target, draining some endurance and lowering recovery slightly.
The synergy with Kick and Cross Punch stacks.

Kick

Melee, DMG(Smash), Synergy, Foe Knockdown

You strike your opponent with a forceful kick that causes moderate smashing damage and has a small chance to knock opponents down.
If you have also trained Boxing, this power's damage is increased by 15% and your chance to knockdown increases.
If you have also trained Cross Punch, this power's damage is increased by 15% and will fatigue the target, draining some endurance and lowering recovery slightly.
The synergy with Boxing and Cross Punch stacks.

Cross Punch

Melee (Cone), DMG(Smash), Fighting Synergy, Foe Knockdown, Stun

You execute a sweeping right hook that can strike multiple targets in your frontal arc. This attack causes moderate smashing damage and has a chance to both knock down and stun foes.
If you have also trained Boxing, this power's damage is increased by 15% and will improve your recharge and accuracy briefly.
If you have also trained Kick, this power's damage is increased by 15% and will improve your recharge and accuracy briefly.
The synergy with Boxing and Kick stacks.
You must be at least level 14 and have two other Fighting Powers before selecting Cross Punch.

• Moose 1

Why in the name of Crom’s desiccated nutsack gas this nonsense thread been dug up and rehashed?

If your AT: Powersets are so low on damage that this is important to you I have a suggestion…. Stop punching things.  You probably need to be using a debuff, a heal , or a buff. 

• Finland 1

I have a stupid concept character that is a troller who fights in melee.   Cross punch actually benefits from containment, which makes it a solid melee attack if you're willing to go into the fighting pools.  It's not as amazing as arcane bolt, but it absolutely slaps on held/immobilized/slept/stunned baddies and doesn't result in corpse blasting nearly as much due to to faster activation time.

• Like 1
  • Moose 1

14 hours ago, evetsleep said:

I have a stupid concept character that is a troller who fights in melee.   Cross punch actually benefits from containment, which makes it a solid melee attack if you're willing to go into the fighting pools.  It's not as amazing as arcane bolt, but it absolutely slaps on held/immobilized/slept/stunned baddies and doesn't result in corpse blasting nearly as much due to to faster activation time.

I've got a build for a Invulnerability / Super Strength Tanker I'm still levelling.  Doesn't need Tough, so I went with Boxing + Kick + Weave + Cross Punch from the Fighting Pool.  Cross Punch with both buffs from Boxing and Kick in the build (just the base slots on them) on a Tanker is a brutal AoE attack.  On a Controller with Containment, whoa.  😼

• Like 1
  • Moose 1

On 3/31/2024 at 1:30 PM, Snarky said:

3 years later.  You think they have been sitting in fron tof the comp desperately wanting this response for 3 years?   

It's almost as bad as waiting/hoping for the Force Feedback %proc to fire.

• Haha 1
  • Moose 1

On 4/5/2024 at 6:45 PM, Jacke said:

I've got a build for a Invulnerability / Super Strength Tanker I'm still levelling.  Doesn't need Tough, so I went with Boxing + Kick + Weave + Cross Punch from the Fighting Pool.  Cross Punch with both buffs from Boxing and Kick in the build (just the base slots on them) on a Tanker is a brutal AoE attack.  On a Controller with Containment, whoa.  😼

Given Super Strength is shorted on AoE damage, taking Cross Punch is well advised, regardless of AT. Heck, I took Cross Punch on my Electric/Radiation Melee Tanker over Proton Sweep.

• Like 1
  • Moose 1

2 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Given Super Strength is shorted on AoE damage, taking Cross Punch is well advised, regardless of AT. Heck, I took Cross Punch on my Electric/Radiation Melee Tanker over Proton Sweep.

There's just something about Proton Sweep that's wrong.  Can't quite figure out what.

• Moose 1