The Tank Gods. . .

theDarkeOne

8 hours ago, Sovera said:

We need to petition so Werner can have an unique forum title as Tank God.

Haha, now if only I knew how to tank! My friends are trying to train me, and must frequently remind me that I’m not a Scrapper. They mentioned some power too... was it Taunt? I think that was it...

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Werner said:

Haha, now if only I knew how to tank! My friends are trying to train me, and must frequently remind me that I’m not a Scrapper. They mentioned some power too... was it Taunt? I think that was it...

Tell them you are there to arrest the mobs... not call them names and pull their hair 😛

Edited by Gobbledegook
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Werner said:

then tank with a scrapper 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Vous souhaitez rejoindre un canal de discussion 100% Français ?

Vous souhaitez faire des TF Chill ou 4 étoiles avec des Francophones de tout pays ?

Vous souhaitez avoir accès à la meilleure base de données avec les meilleurs builds et ressources en Français ?

"La lune Bleue" est le canal de discussion qu'il vous faut !

N'attendez plus ! Contactez nous en jeu, ou notre Discord  https://discord.gg/GwTeNMrz6z

I just was tempted to open a thread called The Tank Derps.

Started the ITF challenge with a Fire/Ice tank and was kinda irritated that I got in serious trouble (eventually dying) at the first Shadow Cyst already. Turned out that I forgot to catalyze 2 Winter-Os and therefore ran with only 70% slow resistance.   :em facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

I really need to go through this thread and list which sets come up the most. I am curious if there is a trend.

i think the trend is the playstyle everyone prefer, i mean really prefer and play the best :

For instance, @Werner is toying in enemy buffed and player debuff (omg...) with a shield where i m not even sure to clear M3 in "easy" +4x8 with that set up.

Vous souhaitez faire des TF Chill ou 4 étoiles avec des Francophones de tout pays ?

Vous souhaitez avoir accès à la meilleure base de données avec les meilleurs builds et ressources en Français ?

N'attendez plus ! Contactez nous en jeu, ou notre Discord  https://discord.gg/GwTeNMrz6z

16 minutes ago, Tsuko said:

For instance, @Werner is toying in enemy buffed and player debuff (omg...) with a shield where i m not even sure to clear M3 in "easy" +4x8 with that set up.

It is actually perfect for the purpose. /Shield on Tankers can have almost as high DDR as /SR without having to rely on Ageless Radial. Against All Odds works against both: buffed enemies and debuffed self.

On top of that you get +Res across the board and +MaxHP.

1 hour ago, Lex Talion said:

It is actually perfect for the purpose. /Shield on Tankers can have almost as high DDR as /SR without having to rely on Ageless Radial. Against All Odds works against both: buffed enemies and debuffed self.

All true. I cranked up a shielder on beta and was rather surprised at just how sturdy it is on a tank.

Edit: I'm still trying to figure out how the bio users pulled it off.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

1 hour ago, Tsuko said:
2 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

I really need to go through this thread and list which sets come up the most. I am curious if there is a trend.

i think the trend is the playstyle everyone prefer, i mean really prefer and play the best :

Agreed. I've done the max buffed MoITF with a Katana/Dark Brute, Dark/MA Tanker, and Shield/MA Tanker. So it might look like Dark Armor is a great choice for this from that small sample, but I promise it isn't. It can work, obviously, but it's slow and rough due to having no DDR. Dark Armor and Katana are just the sets I have the most experience with by far, and I wanted to see what I could accomplish with them. Dark Armor is very good, and I wouldn't try to talk anyone out of it in general, but its main end-game weakness is exploited by the main enemies on the ITF, so ouch.

On the other hand, my Shield/MA Tanker made it easy for me despite my relative lack of experience. I could have ignored my health bar - it never dropped below half. And while I'm not sure what would be better, it wasn't built specifically for this challenge either.

1 hour ago, Tsuko said:

They can't even hurt you with a good Shield/MA build, so you could definitely clear it. Well, admittedly I was using amplifiers. They can probably hurt you without them for a little bit of challenge. But I could also swap out Musculature Core for Cardiac Core and probably be fine, just slower. OK, they can hurt you - you do need to keep Storm Kick's defense and the Tanker ATO resistance up. Probably if you max out a crowd and walk away to go grab a drink, you'll come back to a dead character. But the skill requirements are low compared to a lot of Tankers, and definitely compared to Brutes and Scrappers.

1 hour ago, Lex Talion said:

Yeah. I didn't build the Shield/MA Tanker to do this specifically, but it might be the Tanker I'd choose to do this even if building specifically for the challenge. Against All Odds was definitely helpful in countering the debuff.

5 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

All true. I cranked up a shielder on beta and was rather surprised at just how sturdy it is on a tank.

I was a little surprised too. Well, I did expect it to be very sturdy with Rebirth Radial, since what Shield is clearly missing is healing. But I was wrong. It is so sturdy that it just doesn't need more healing, and it benefits more from Ageless Radial to deal with the occasional weird debuffs and provide a little extra endurance. I did settle for a psionic and toxic weakness so it's not as sturdy there. The psionic weakness got me killed once in two full groups of +4x8 Praetorian psychics and Malaise while trying to grab back aggro for a team that had over-aggro'd and I wasn't paying enough attention to my own health. But I was in full assault mode with my incarnate choices at the time, and not paying attention. The second try while paying attention went perfectly smoothly. And you can mostly plug those holes - I just chose to be better against more common damage types instead.

10 minutes ago, Werner said:

I haven’t looked into how bad it is. Rebirth and/or survival amplifiers?

rebirth and you dont even notice the health loss, i tested it on a stalker EM SR full incarnate on beta in "regular" +4x8, romulus nictus exploded.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Werner said:

They can't even hurt you with a good Shield/MA build, so you could definitely clear it. Well, admittedly I was using amplifiers. They can probably hurt you without them for a little bit of challenge. But I could also swap out Musculature Core for Cardiac Core and probably be fine, just slower. OK, they can hurt you - you do need to keep Storm Kick's defense and the Tanker ATO resistance up. Probably if you max out a crowd and walk away to go grab a drink, you'll come back to a dead character. But the skill requirements are low compared to a lot of Tankers, and definitely compared to Brutes and Scrappers.

Beta EM is really poor compared to Beta MA in the aoe and soft cc department, i fear EM / shield could suffer from packs of several Bosses / EB AKA situations where you cannot burst (like any Cime Traitors bosses +4, my beta EM stalker had to give those monsters all her opening combo to Burn only one and she is able to chain placate Myno and cyclop under T9 :x )

Whirling Hands / Power Crash is far far from Dragon tail in "active" mitigation.

Edited by Tsuko

3 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Monster bosses be immune to knock.

oups sry, i meaned the "montrous" cime bosses :x

3 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

You know you've doomed us all, right?

Sorry 😄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

You know you've doomed us all, right?

my english is so rusty :x