The Tank Gods. . .

theDarkeOne

On 10/29/2020 at 5:18 PM, Lex Talion said:

::: Fiery Aura/Ice Melee Tanker :::    Solo 54/8 MoITF,  no Insps, no Temps/Amps, Enemies buffed

What Incarnates were you running on this? Any amplifiers? I want to try on my Fire/Fire tanker.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, VV said:

Any amplifiers? I want to try on my Fire/Fire tanker.

You quoted the answer yourself *g*

On 10/29/2020 at 10:18 PM, Lex Talion said:

::: Fiery Aura/Ice Melee Tanker :::    Solo 54/8 MoITF,  no Insps, no Temps/Amps, Enemies buffed

Incarnates:

Alpha: T4 Spiritual Core

Destiny: T4 Rebirth Radial

Lore:  T3 Talons of Vengeance Partial Radial Improved Ally  (I don't remember if I even used them)

Judgement: T4 Void Radial

Interface. T4 Reactive Radial

Hybrid: T4 Melee Core

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later
On 9/17/2020 at 7:46 AM, Werner said:
On 9/16/2020 at 9:57 PM, Tsuko said:

Imperious Task Force +4x8, Enemy Buffed, No temp Powers, no death, no inspirations : 1 hour 29 minutes and 55 seconds.

Congratulations! It makes me so happy seeing people do this. I need to finish leveling and IOing and incarnating my Shield/MA and get back to this on live instead of beta. I know I can’t beat your time, but I know I can at least beat my own time, which will still put a big smile on my face.

ITF +4x8 enemies buffed no temps no insps no deaths: 1 hour 28 minutes and 3 seconds 

ThurinITF12.thumb.png.06175342479bf647c3c1a5aa67ade71a.png

I think two changes bought me the most time. I had been pulling and clearing the EBs and such around Rommy on the final mission before going in. But I realized that hitting the aggro cap before going in wouldn't just let me pick off the AVs one at a time, but it would also let me avoid pulling any of the EBs that surround him. It worked like a charm and saved some time. And once I was down to Rommy, I pulled him to the ambush door to delay the ambushes until after the fight, wiped out whoever came with him, summoned Longbow, and went to town. He went down much faster that way. I did use amplifiers.

Who's next? How fast can we get this thing done?

(I'm sure @Tsuko can beat my time by using amplifiers, and @nihilii was within spitting distance using only tier 3 incarnates.)

Edit: Posting here because it doesn't seem worth necroing the thread, but I finally beat my old time by a significant margin, AND didn't use Lore this time. 1:24:06

ThurinITF16.thumb.PNG.648b77865dc1f1c3360bb9f56d91f114.PNG

Edited by Werner
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Werner said:

ITF +4x8 enemies buffed no temps no insps no deaths: 1 hour 28 minutes and 3 seconds 

ThurinITF12.thumb.png.06175342479bf647c3c1a5aa67ade71a.png

I think two changes bought me the most time. I had been pulling and clearing the EBs and such around Rommy on the final mission before going in. But I realized that hitting the aggro cap before going in wouldn't just let me pick off the AVs one at a time, but it would also let me avoid pulling any of the EBs that surround him. It worked like a charm and saved some time. And once I was down to Rommy, I pulled him to the ambush door to delay the ambushes until after the fight, wiped out whoever came with him, summoned Longbow, and went to town. He went down much faster that way. I did use amplifiers.

Who's next? How fast can we get this thing done?

(I'm sure @Tsuko can beat it by using amplifiers.)

Congrats !

If i can ... it took me 17 days to break 1h29 lol

And 4 others for the scrapper run.

Then almost a month to reach the end of mission 3 with no incarnates with... a dominator lol

I enjoy the game at the moment, i just finished to move to Excelsior, finding an awesome shelter in The Cosmic Council.

I ll never use amplifers for those runs.

Hail the Sexy bearded king !

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

9 minutes ago, Tsuko said:

finding an awesome shelter in The Cosmic Council.

They appear to be good folk. My bro, Green Dwarf, has been hanging with them often.

Side note: I have a goal now. Beat the Werner with the new shield/em tank. No matter the cost to my psyche and physical well-being.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Something that evaded me until just now, on the EM revamp. Logged into my DA/EM tanker; first time since I27. Started whacking Pylons. Level 54 Riktis.

Wait... My endurance bar doesn't move? Even without Ageless?? On a DA Tanker running Tough/Weave/Maneuvers/Assault/Tactics???

The EM revamp made EM top tier DPA, but that might not even be the biggest part of the story. With ET costing 0 endurance, the DPE efficiency of EM is off the charts.

Which, within the context of ITF challenges... is very interesting indeed. We can crank that DPS up and still use Barrier/Rebirth or the debuff side of Ageless.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nihilii said:

The EM revamp made EM top tier DPA, but that might not even be the biggest part of the story. With ET costing 0 endurance, the DPE efficiency of EM is off the charts.

This is something I've been looking at for EM. Many */EM combinations can easily opt for Gloom when Body Mastery isn't that needed, which is another nice boost to DPS. 

• Like 1

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

3 hours ago, DSorrow said:

This is something I've been looking at for EM. Many */EM combinations can easily opt for Gloom when Body Mastery isn't that needed, which is another nice boost to DPS. 

Was pondering the same last night.

Anyone else suddenly stuck in "I have too damn many rebuilds/builds to do now and don't wanna?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Anyone else suddenly stuck in "I have too damn many rebuilds/builds to do now and don't wanna?"

Yes, absolutely.

Setting aside the non-Tankers, I have a squeaky new Shield/EM that I'll probably play up through the low levels to get a feel for new EM and a Bio/Mace tanker that I feel deserves more attention after Galaxy Brain's recent post. How exactly one should maximize Bio Armor for more than "capped S/L resists, as best as you can get on the others, the best defenses you can scrape together, and then the most hella big absorb shields you can get" is beyond me, at least for now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Tell me about it. I'm trying to avoid repeating powersets between my characters so most likely I'm only going to have one EM character and I can't settle with the primary if my life depended on it. Rad/EM is currently at the top of my list, but how do I make the choice between so many potentially great combinations?

• Like 1

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

53 minutes ago, Lex Talion said:

Not even remotely tanker-ish, melee-ish or anythingclose-ish, but a challenge is a challenge.

Before i had a strong blaster.

I saw your post.

Now i know you're @Werner's son.

Edited by Tsuko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Werner said:

If so, he just eclipsed dear old dad. I mean... Blaster... how? What? Huh? Well, I guess people do crazy things with Blasters. I may not understand it, but somehow it's possible. Very impressive.

giphy.gif

We all know how Dwarves are when they have a party...

One night, too much beer, A cute defender and boom another son, Blaster 😄

Have to add a new Tank God to the mix... I haven’t finished his Incarnates or accolades yet but he stands ready to take on those pesky Romans by the weekend!

if you haven’t tried this combo since I27 went live you must roll a Fire/Dark/Soul... OMG so much fun and destruction!

• Like 1

Mentioned in another thread but figured I'd add this here before I start doing silly ITF runs. This is with my new shield/em/soul tank.

Lvl 54 AVs defeated, no faceplants
Infernal, Malaise, Chimera, Nightstar, Bobcat, Neuron, Battle Maiden, Black Swan, Mother Mayhem, Marauder, Olympian Guard, Anti-Matter

Diabolique and Dominatrix required Ultimate Insps.

Siege was my failure. Even with Ultimates and Huge Reds and not bringing out Lore pets until right after his first heal, I could not get my DPS to outpace the recharge on his heal. I do still wonder if Carnies would be a better choice than Longbow, though.

Regardless, T4ed, all passive IOs in place, ready for a no temps, no insps, enemies buffed, player debuffed, NO AMPs attempt. Kinda concerned about the tohit buff debuff though. I miss too much as it is.

EDIT: LOL. Dead at first contact and I couldn't hit shit.

Also forgot to respec into Phalanx Fighting at the cost of losing Afterburner.

EDIT: Oh... wow... I accidentally also chose no enhancements. That would explain that insta-death wouldn't it?

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ugh, y'all are killin' me here. I need more playtime and maybe a clone or 3. Every time I read this thread, it makes me want to make a new tanker. Now I am thinking /EM. Or maybe /MA. I'm thinking of pairing with Willpower/. I can't really see any downsides in WP, and it is not very clicky, which I like.

• Like 1