The Tank Gods. . .

theDarkeOne

1 minute ago, Sovera said:

No, resistance is at a shiny 90%. Not debuffed. Unless debuffed but not showing in the monitor but I monitor it. It's not a case of cascading failures.

Ah, so the problem is you are getting hit  approx. 95% of the time, due to def debuffs, and it is overwhelming you even at 90% res?

• Like 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

Just now, CaptainLupis said:

Ah, so the problem is you are getting hit  approx. 95% of the time, due to def debuffs, and it is overwhelming you even at 90% res?

Sounds about right since the natural state of things is mobs missing us 50% of the time, so, yeah, you've nailed it. At -50% they just hit 95% which not even 90% resists helps against.

4 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Sounds about right since the natural state of things is mobs missing us 50% of the time, so, yeah, you've nailed it. At -50% they just hit 95% which not even 90% resists helps against.

Ageless might be worth a try then, but I can't say how much more (or less) effective it would be, but it certainly would be interesting to find out.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

12 hours ago, Tsuko said:

Scrapper Titan Weapons / Bio Armor 2 hours 32 Minutes 34 seconds, Solo MO ITF +4x8, enemy buffed, no Amplifiers, no Temporal pw, no inspirations

Amazing! Congratulations!

4 hours ago, Tsuko said:

100% dependant on incarnates

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

Barrier simply pulled me through all the way... It would have been simply impossible without it.

Well, maybe there's a challenge for us, then, since clearly a maxed buffed MoITF is too easy (LOL). I can't imagine it's possible on a Scrapper, but do we think it's even possible to do a Tanker run with "no incarnates" added to the list? Just the level shift is brutal. Probably impossible on anything without DDR. My Dark/MA would get slaughtered without Barrier. My Shield/MA... it seems unlikely that I could survive the level shift and the loss of Cardiac. And the level shift plus the loss of Reactive and Assault would destroy my DPS. Yeah, there's no way I'd have the DPS even if I somehow survived. Custom-built Invuln/TW before it gets nerfed? Invuln has lowish endurance requirements. Best hit points. Titan Weapons has great damage so might have enough to do level 54 AVs even when they're a true +4 and with no Musculature, Interface, or Hybrid. I don't know. And no heal. Well, not much of a heal. Grab a lot of regen bonuses and the healing procs. Maybe? I really don't know. Eh, I'm going to finish up the Shield/MA before I start on some new project. Someone else would beat me to it anyway. 😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Werner said:

Well, maybe there's a challenge for us, then, since clearly a maxed buffed MoITF is too easy (LOL). I can't imagine it's possible on a Scrapper, but do we think it's even possible to do a Tanker run with "no incarnates" added to the list? Just the level shift is brutal. Probably impossible on anything without DDR. My Dark/MA would get slaughtered without Barrier. My Shield/MA... it seems unlikely that I could survive the level shift and the loss of Cardiac. And the level shift plus the loss of Reactive and Assault would destroy my DPS. Yeah, there's no way I'd have the DPS even if I somehow survived. Custom-built Invuln/TW before it gets nerfed? Invuln has lowish endurance requirements. Best hit points. Titan Weapons has great damage so might have enough to do level 54 AVs even when they're a true +4 and with no Musculature, Interface, or Hybrid. I don't know. And no heal. Well, not much of a heal. Grab a lot of regen bonuses and the healing procs. Maybe? I really don't know. Eh, I'm going to finish up the Shield/MA before I start on some new project. Someone else would beat me to it anyway. 😉

From my (shallow) experience with (non buffed) ITF on an Invul then Invuln would breeze through it. It has DDR. It has extra defenses when more enemies are around (which is precisely when defenses are needed). It has high resists. It does not buff damage, but TW pre-balancing nerf would carry it.

Hmm... Invuln does not have endurance recovery though.

Though if we want extra challenge there's an option no one has mentioned yet: player is debuffed.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Werner said:

Amazing! Congratulations!

i made my testing for my warmace / invul tanker without level shift in buffed +4 itf and she was like a fish in the water.

Now she can litterally afk with ageless radial T4 in auto in the middle of buffed cimerorans.

I could bet on a dark / invul tanker : Soul drain + gaussian on invincibility is no joke for damage in very "crowded" fights.

Edited by Tsuko

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

I took my shield\ss Tanker in  there and though she could last a long time they would slowly whittle her down. On the 3rd mission fighting the generals she eventually died. I didn't run as it was a survivability test. I avoided using rage too much to avoid the crash.

She had 90%S\l, 68% melee defence and 57% ranged\aoe. Just over 90% DDR.  Musculature t4, ageless t4 and assault. 

The problem was no healing. I could use rebirth though and do it fairly easily. Endurance would need to be sorted in other ways like swapping out musc for cardiac or dropping assault for melee incarnate etc.

Without incarnate I do not think it would be possible with her at all. Endurance, dps or survivability would suffer too much without the incarnate system.

In normal ITF she has tanked the ambush on top of the tower with barely a scratch.

Invulnerability may fair better though as it has a self heal but less DDR.

Definitely doable with Shield but it would need to be set up well with some heals and endurance covered. Shield\dark melee or shield\rad may work well.

Edited by Gobbledegook
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

A \invulnerability stalker with ageless radial for the extra DDR, decent defence and mitigation using the melee incarnate may actually work.

or an elec / shield with double aoe without agro 😄

• Like 1

Done my last try.....

Got to Romulus on mission 4.  It was just taking way too long killing him then him rezzing then killing him again, on and on. One nictus and Romulus left but I gave up. I don't know how you guys have the patience lol. Lost the NPC imperious he just wandered of and got himself killed.

I guess there are tactics i should know better but i am not doing that again in a hurry. I will gouge my eyes out with red hot pokers first 🤣

You guys are amazing to have completed that 😀

I have done a pylon test and it seems i have added a minute onto my time now since my last respec. I am downing the pylon in 4 minutes with no incarnate toggles now. Sucks! so need to sort that out again now.

Edited by Gobbledegook
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lex Talion said:

The point wasn't soloing it with an Emp/Beam, but with an Emp with a fully support-oriented build.

Not sure I grok the difference but regardless I've got a new beam/bio sent I'm going to set my sights on for the next round of ludicrous behavior.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Haha 1

So just out of curiosity I took my STJ/EA stalker, which is built mainly for damage and tried this.  I got smoked really quickly.  

And this stalker generally can laugh at almost all content, including going Leeroy Jenikins in the non-buffed 54 ITF on teams. 

And I think this game is too easy.  No idea how easy BZBs Tank sees normal opposition  >.<  

• Like 1

Re: The beam/bio sent... lvl 33, slotted up with garbage I had in my base, started at +2/x2, 2nd mish was +3/x2, then +4/x2 (this is when I started using insps) and about to bump to +4/x3. As I said in channel, it appears that beam is to blast as titan is to melee. On the plus side, having a LOT more fun than I did with my beam/storm cor attempt.

44 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

And the really funny part? He's weak compared to many of the other freaks in this thread.

My Rad ss tanker is 2 shot by Numina 54 buffed in khan with the build i used for the ITF run. She cannot even pull in a MSR without barrier.

Imo, your run was one of the most impressive in this thread (if not the most), cause i m sure you did it with your day to day build.

Congrats again !

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tsuko said:

My Rad ss tanker is 2 shot by Numina 54 buffed in khan with the build i used for the ITF run. She cannot even pull in a MSR without barrier.

Imo, your run was one of the most impressive in this thread (if not the most), cause i m sure you did it with your day to day build.

Congrats again !

😛 That -was- my usual build.

But in the end, yeah, 'game is really easy' should be more like 'incarnates make everything easy'.

Gosh, powers that were meant to make players feel ultra powerful make players ultra powerful o_o;