Supergroup rename tokens

Ukase

If I had a nickel for every player I ran into who didn't belong to an SG, but seemed to be at a loss as to where to stash enhancements, but didn't want to take the time to build an SG base...I'd have at least a dollar, I'm sure. 

But- if SG's could be renamed, I could build them and just give them away. Nothing fancy, just a base with TP beacons to all zones, tailor, trainer, workbench, insp storage, enhancement storage bin and empowerment buff stations. 

• Like 4

Just pointing out that when asked nicely, they'll rename the group for you. I wouldn't be asking too often though as it may be a one-time thing.

• Like 2

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

It would probably have to have some restriction like "limited to top rank, once every 30 days" or something, but I don't think it's unreasonable.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

About a year ago, I recall someone asking about renaming their SG, and the response was to email the request to... somebody. Support? GMs in the game maybe?

Sorry, not very helpful, I know. The point is, a request can be made to change an SG's name.

But name tokens would be super convenient.

Edited by TraumaTrain

That may be true, but I don't want to make work for the HC team. If it's something in place, like our character's rename tokens, or server transfers, that's something else entirely. But, given the number of people I've run into who I'd make a base for, it could be a hassle for them. 

1000 character slots, only thing limiting you is time to build it after you name it.  Keep a list of the names handy with character that made it, find person, give them the list, they pick, you invite, them, promote them, you leave.  Lots of work for philanthropy in a video game

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

42 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

1000 character slots, only thing limiting you is time to build it after you name it.  Keep a list of the names handy with character that made it, find person, give them the list, they pick, you invite, them, promote them, you leave.  Lots of work for philanthropy in a video game

Simple, basic bases are not at all difficult or time consuming to build, so not sure what you mean by "lots of work".

5 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Simple, basic bases are not at all difficult or time consuming to build, so not sure what you mean by "lots of work".

First post, second Paragraph. Ukase says he would make a base and give it away.  I said you could make 50 newbie characters and build 50 SG bases with a list of the SG names Ukase came up with, person can choose one instead of renaming.  Lots of work making those bases, sure each one is easy until you start making it like a production line.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

14 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

First post, second Paragraph. Ukase says he would make a base and give it away.  I said you could make 50 newbie characters and build 50 SG bases with a list of the SG names Ukase came up with, person can choose one instead of renaming.  Lots of work making those bases, sure each one is easy until you start making it like a production line.

Yes, I read the post, thanks.  Again, building simple bases does not take long at all.  "A lot of work" is subjective to the person. 

Honestly I dont really see a need for this. I mean if your goal is to make bases to give away, they either need to be very generic bases to begin with, or custom made, and then you can customize the name when you start the project.

Or get in synch with all the others working the expanded cityscape, and name bases after buildings,neighborhoods, or exotic locales and simply put their codes up on the forums for all to use. I do get what your wanting to do, and dont see it as a bad idea, just not really a need. And honestly if we make SG names too easy to change, then those that earn negative reputations will have perhaps too easy of a time shedding one to adopt another and get away with fresh slates to begin anew with bad behavior.

1 hour ago, ShardWarrior said:

Yes, I read the post, thanks.  Again, building simple bases does not take long at all.  "A lot of work" is subjective to the person. 

I get the feeling this isnt about simple bases. I mean what would be the point of gifting a pos? Personally Id be offended and put a person on ignore if they gifted me with anything less then a massive full sized outdoor base with at least one major building with very detailed interior.

I mean what are you one of those who put a 5 instead of a 50 in a kids birthday card?

11 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

I get the feeling this isnt about simple bases. I mean what would be the point of gifting a pos? Personally Id be offended and put a person on ignore if they gifted me with anything less then a massive full sized outdoor base with at least one major building with very detailed interior.

I mean what are you one of those who put a 5 instead of a 50 in a kids birthday card?

That is entirely you having unrealistic expectations and not at all understanding what the post said. 

As usual, you are making the assumption that everyone is like you and would want or expect a massive, sprawling maximum plot size base with intricately designed complex structures with all the bells and whistles.  Not everyone wants that.  Some people are just looking for a very simple, one room hub that has everything they need in one convenient place and are not at all interested in aesthetics or anything complex. 

Also, @Ukase expressly stated in the post the bases would be "Nothing fancy, just a base with TP beacons to all zones, tailor, trainer, workbench, insp storage, enhancement storage bin and empowerment buff stations."  At least to me, that is very clearly described.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

That is entirely you having unrealistic expectations and not at all understanding what the post said. 

As usual, you are making the assumption that everyone is like you and would want or expect a massive, sprawling maximum plot size base with intricately designed complex structures with all the bells and whistles.  Not everyone wants that.  Some people are just looking for a very simple, one room hub that has everything they need in one convenient place and are not at all interested in aesthetics or anything complex. 

Also, @Ukase expressly stated in the post the bases would be "Nothing fancy, just a base with TP beacons to all zones, tailor, trainer, workbench, insp storage, enhancement storage bin and empowerment buff stations."  At least to me, that is very clearly described.

Somebody hasnt had their cuppa this morn methinks. Otherwise bloody ell arent you being a might bit touchy about what was clearly a humorous post. I just personally dont think random generic storage base as gift is a priority that warrants any effort on the part of the HC team to make easier. If generic base a53b2 is the goal, then name it that and call it a day.

And your the one who started using the term simple and calling it subjective. For my base builder whipping up a full sized outdoor plot is pretty quick work. Id call that pretty basic and a good large foundation for anyone to build on, and pretty easy to tuck away the tp and storage down in the basement out of sight.

As for helping people find what they are looking for I do that by educating them to not ever bother with crafting, storing salvage, or the like. Just sell it all, buy what you need as you need of the AH is my motto I spread to all. then they dont need a one room hub, can just use a passcode to a travel hub, and never waste game time sorting through salvage and recipes.

6 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Somebody hasnt had their cuppa this morn methinks. Otherwise bloody ell arent you being a might bit touchy about what was clearly a humorous post. I just personally dont think random generic storage base as gift is a priority that warrants any effort on the part of the HC team to make easier. If generic base a53b2 is the goal, then name it that and call it a day.

There is nothing wrong with feeling this is not an idea worth any development effort.  With that said, my experience with this is that changing a super group name is nothing more than a simple SQL update statement.  Character renaming already exists so I would guess renaming a group is not an enormous amount of work.  The group UI already allows for renaming of ranks and such. 

10 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

And your the one who started using the term simple and calling it subjective. For my base builder whipping up a full sized outdoor plot is pretty quick work. Id call that pretty basic and a good large foundation for anyone to build on, and pretty easy to tuck away the tp and storage down in the basement out of sight.

If the words "nothing fancy" mean "full sized outdoor plot" then that is you.  Seems to me the intent of the OP was to provide something much more small and basic. 

12 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

As for helping people find what they are looking for I do that by educating them to not ever bother with crafting, storing salvage, or the like. Just sell it all, buy what you need as you need of the AH is my motto I spread to all. then they dont need a one room hub, can just use a passcode to a travel hub, and never waste game time sorting through salvage and recipes.

That is nice however you are once again assuming everyone plays the same as you do.  Some people may whereas others may want to store and craft their own things. 

• Like 2

Can't the SG form itself be changed to let the leader change the group name?  just about everything else like ranks and colors can be edited.  that way, you could just invite the person to the SG, promote them and then quit.  They can do the rest on their own.  I think it's a cool idea to gift bases to people.