'Design-A-Rama' Base Building Contest

TrixieChrome

image.thumb.png.eea4ad7a128357af8a83185aaac3d471.png

The next biggest contest we can offer brought to you by The Council of the Rose.

The rules are simple and as followed. If you do not complete the following rules for the base building contest that ends on September 22, 2020 at 11:59PM EST then you will NOT be considered for judging. It is imperative that you put in your ORIGINAL post (the post that has your base password in it that confirms your entry) - once you are finished. 

If you have ANY QUESTIONS regarding this before your August 22nd deadline please either global @ me in game @Trixie Chrome or send me a message here. We will judge them within two weeks and we will post our final choices in this original post! 

Please also leave your global in your post with your base password. 

• Like 2

The Sister's Chrome Own:

The Legendary  Trixie Chrome

Home to Justice Server.

E X C E L S I O R 

Rose's Thorn SG

Or you can always ask @Rose cuz ya know... she always forgets about me... not like my name isnt on the banner or anything 🙃🙂😉

If you want to see our base, we are cool with that- our base code is 

Rose-1234

Who'da thunkit right?

Hope to see your work soon!

🥀

I've been needing to redo my base, and this is perfect timing 😄

Global: @ankh

Supergroup: The Divine

Base Passcode: Divine-1512

Base Macro: /macroimage InherentBase_Furnace "Teleport: The Divine Base" "enterbasefrompasscode Divine-1512"

Please have your in game music on, and use the /visscale 5 command after entering. There are still items to be worked on, but I think it's close enough to submit.

Edited by Invigilium

14 minutes ago, Invigilium said:

I've been needing to redo my base, and this is perfect timing 😄

Global: @ankh

Supergroup: The Divine

Base Passcode: Divine-1512

Base Macro: /macroimage InherentBase_Furnace "Teleport: The Divine Base" "enterbasefrompasscode Divine-1512"

The base is currently in use so I can't delete it, once I've rebuilt it I'll move the base teleport for judging.

Hey- we wont pop in until your finished! So all you need to do is edit your original post here and say DONE or FINISHED and we will go in and judge! 

Global: @Zen Cobra Ten

Supergroup: Redeemed

Base Passcode:  REDEEMED-3596

Base Macro: /macroimage InherentBase_Furnace "Teleport: Temple of the Healing Serpent" "enterbasefrompasscode  REDEEMED-3596"

Edited by zenijos10

I'll sign up, why not.

Global Chat Handle: @Gio Valia

Villaingroup: Shades of Arachnos

Passcode: 1-6811

Teleport Macro: /macroimage v_archetypeicon_arachnos_widow Arachnos "enterbasefrompasscode 1-6811"

The base is what I'd consider "Finished" at this point and ready for judging. It's a bit of a maze. Click the glowies to move between rooms if you see one. Enjoy

Arachnos.png

Edited by Giovanni Valia
Finished building for the contest
  • Like 1

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

Just got into the groove of  constructing a fully functional Pirate fort for excel's pirates! will love to have people judge it regardless of prize! 

Global Handle: @The Tank Wall

Supergroup: The Swashbucklers

Passcode: /macro_image "Badge_event_corsair" "Teleport: FortMako" "enterbasefrompasscode FORTMAKO-13373" 

212 fortified cannons 8 ships 1 tugger  currently in fleet, tavern, medic, rec, workshop, stash house, guard house, teleporters, and shooting range. contracts with Arachnos currently supports a single flier, 2 freshly stolen longbow fliers and a vastly growing crew!  Bone structure of the famous Fort Massachusetts but bigger in scale. Couple easter eggs, Successful defense against a unaware council battleship, Assassin's Creed hay jump from the forts highest point. YAARRRGH! /visscale 6 highly recommended

edit: posted finished weeka ago but when is a base ever? always adding new things as they come to mind what can i say? Arrgh!

Edited by Onemantankwall
Finished

Global: @First of Equals

Supergroup: Solitude

Passcode: Solitude-748

I appreciate the time you're giving me to work on the base, which just needs a few tweaks.

If I can give a brief introduction to things you might want to not miss when you visit...

The base is intended to be an homage to the original and arguably most famous superbase in comics, Superman's Fortress of Solitude. Coming in through the SG portal into Solitude's atrium, that concept will hopefully be communicated. (It's a large atrium, so I recommend using /visscale 5 so it'll render well.)

The statues of Lara and Jor-El should dominate the view. I used a dirty water texture throughout the atrium to simulate a look of ice, including four columns of ice running from floor to ceiling.

The functional spaces are located in the workshop area opposite the statues, with the teleport area to the workshop area's left. (They are labeled.) A few notes on these functional spaces.

1) Workshop: there are multiple inspiration lockers, 5 of which are set aside in their own niche and hold Xmas gift inspirations that have been sorted by type. The locker with the medkit holds Gift of Life inspirations, the locker with weapons on it holds Gift of Power inspirations. The locker with armor below it is a Gift of Defense container, the locker with the blue glowing orb holds Gifts of Energy. The unmarked locker above these holds Gift of Experience inspirations.

In the workshop is a forge and hammer for creating black holes to feed the Sun-Eater who is trapped below (this is a reference to the All Star Superman comics run.)

The workshop has several levels, one of which has a chamber with a display mounted against a glass window, looking into a chamber which a matching computer display, almost a mirror image. The chamber being viewed cannot normally be entered. I'll return to this in a moment...

2) Teleport: the regular City of Heroes city zones have been divided into METROPOLIS and GOTHAM zones (shiny cityscapes vs the more gritty urban ones) and there are two teleport nodes labeled as such. Flying characters can enter a back area of the teleport chamber to find a restricted area with three teleporters:

- Rogue Isle access (the Supergroup has some villains - I have a Bizarro analog to my Superman analog - so I needed teleport for that)

- Crisis Zones (these are the Paragon City Hazard zones, but Crisis is a better DC term)

- Earth-3 Zones (Praetoria is essentially an analog to Earth-3 in DC comics, where the heroic Justice League are villains, so this is the teleporter for the Praetorian  First Ward and Night Ward.)

This is nearly the end of the functional areas, but there are Superman-flavor areas to be mentioned. Opposite the teleport area across the atrium is an area of such flavor, the meeting area (should the Justice League show up) the alien zoo, and the trophy room. The trophy room is sealed off, since the collection of weapons and artifacts in the Fortress should be safeguarded. There is no normal way to get  back there. (Hold that thought.)

Back across the atrium, opposite the zoo and next to the entrance to the teleport area, is a set of steps. Next to the steps is a window looking out on the excavation of an ancient Kryptonian ship, being dug out of the ice (a reference to Man of Steel)

At the top of the steps is the Bottle City of Kandor, the Kryptonian city that was shrunk by Brainiac and stolen from Krypton before it exploded. You can visit the bottle city. Nearby is a green miniturization beam: turn off your flight and step into it (no flight, because Superman can't fly in the bottle city of Kandor, which simulates the environment of his home planet.)

You will be shrunk and brought into the bottle city. (Okay, you'll fall down into the bottle city.)

There are functional elements in Kandor: that's where I have a trainer, tailor, and quartermaster. (It wouldn't make sense to have these Kandorians up in the main Fortress space.) Also, nearby is the medical bay. Superman has no typical need for a sickbay in his icy home, but Kandor would need a hospital. So Supergroup members who are defeated can teleport here to be patched up. There is a teleporter in the medical area which goes to Atlas Park or Mercy Island, if someone did not want to fly up out of Kandor.

It's fair to fly up the tube where you entered, but there is another tube going up to the fortress which is built outside the walls of Kandor, and that's where Superman would be able to fly again. So that's a better exit. Flying up, there's an enlarging ray and you'll be back in the Fortress, outside of Kandor.

Behind and to the left of the statues in the atrium is the Phantom Zone projector, which has projected a hole into the Phantom Zone against the back wall of the base. Once you enter this area, you are now a phantom, and can see through the walls of the fortress, but you won't be able to be seen by anyone inside the base. The zone wraps along side the base along the meeting room and zoo area. And ... allows access back into the base into the trophy room which is otherwise inaccesible. Apprarently, the dangerous artifacts in the trophy room have ripped a hole in normal space, allowing the phantoms in the zone access. (It's best if you can fly.)

Continuing back behind the base, the phantom zone opens up into another fortress space. This is in the future, the home of some descendant of Superman's, a superhero in his time. Windows along the walls reveal a futuristic city. Following the hallway, there is a room with a computer display that is looking into the matching room in the upper level of the main fortress's workspace. This is a time window, where the contemporary Superman and his descendant can communicate. (Another reference to All-Star Superman)

Because the Phantom Zone is a timeless void, it makes sense for the two fortresses, separated in time, can be connected. (Also, the timeless nature of the Phantom Zone is why I have an Ouroboros crystal there.)

TL;DR

Make sure you visit the Bottle City of Kandor. It's the best part of the base's design.

Edited by sponazgul

I would love to enter! I did the base for my SG, trying for both style and function. It is somewhat smaller in size, but with enough area and amenities for members to use it at once. So far, I am happy with how it turned out.

Global: @Dream-eater

Supergroup: Guardians

Passcode: GUARDIANS-309

This base is FINISHED.

Main features:

• Main entry (The Heroes' Hall) is for socializing, prep, recovery, tailoring, and training. Also a mission computer tucked away for when contacts aren't enough.
  • Transport room features ready access to all zones, as well as a time crystal. As a hero base, the zones are hero focused, but if you look hard enough you just might find some sneaky Arachnos infiltrators and a portal to the rogue isles.
  • Crafting and salvage access-all the salvage is organized, with a powerful reactor supplying energy for the most rare of power enhancements.

Hall of Heroes.jpg

• Like 1

I'm delighted to throw my hat in the ring:

Global: @DASHER

Supergroup: The League Against Nemesis

Base Passcode:  LEAGUE-11865

The base is for a Steampunk-themed SG whose members are dedicated to opposing Lord Nemesis throughout the time stream. As such, it incorporates elements of both technology and magic, and is open to any alignment.

Originally established in the Victorian Era, the League's base design is meant to evoke a private London club. It has a small trophy area with a large cage, currently holding a wrecked Warhulk, which is reserved for a suit of Lord Nemesis' armor, if not the man, himself. All amenities are available and all zones with teleport beacons are accessible.

The entry holds a memorial to those members who have fallen in the battle against Nemesis. The  "address" over the entry - 28125 - is the number of the AE adventure "All Forever in a Day" which introduces players to the League and invites them to join. The souvenir from that adventure is a key with the base entry code "LEAGUE-11865" engraved on it. Rooms and amenities are labelled by symbols rather than names to communicate their purpose to all cultures and species without using a specific language. Skylight views reveal transport vehicles and technological details.

After much work, it was described by one member as feeling "cozy", at which point I knew it was FINISHED.

2020-08-29 (3).png

Edited by DarionLeonidas
typo, added pic, marked "FINISHED"

Global Chat Handle: @Invincer

Server: Excelsior

Supergroup: The Invincible Ones

Supergroup Base: The Oranderite Starship

Base Passcode: ones-5030

Base Teleport Macro:    /macro_image "Teleportation_LongRangeTeleport" "Teleport-to-Oranderite" "enterbasefrompasscode ones-5030"

Let me know if a tour-guide is needed. From the Bridge, you can go down to the A Telelift which can take you to other levels of the ship. If your character can fly, you can head out of the hangar and even fly around outside the ship.

• Like 1

• Community Rep

Just a note on the Oranderite Starship, there are two areas accessible only from certain locations: the Captain's Ready Room, accessible only from the bridge from the lift marked as such, and the large shuttle airlock, on top of the ship, accessible only from the lift in the shuttlebay (destination Z). As always, when viewing outside or over large distances in a base, /visscale 5 is recommended.

-Dacy

• Thanks 2

I've just joined, but sign me up

Global: @idoc

Supergroup: Nightstalkers Inc

Server: Excelsior

Base Passcode:  NIGHT-13227

Edited by RPW
update

We can't wait to see everyone's bases! 

Please remember - the deadline to submit your base entry is tonight at 11:59pm EST! 

We are so excited for this! 

The Sister's Chrome Own:

Home to Justice Server.

E X C E L S I O R 

Rose's Thorn SG

OK, I am in...

Global:  @Picatrix

Supergroup:  Pica's School for Wayward Girls

Base Passcode: ZEN-9403

This base is designed for my sensory enjoyment and relaxation - and ease of use for day-to-day use with TPs and storage...

A couple little hidden pockets for fun, etc.

Edited by Unagi

Global: @Chaos Girl

Villain Group: The Masters of Disaster

Base: The Realm of Chaos

Passcode: CHAOS-10311

This is a Villain Group Base, Arcane themed. It is designed as an island sanctuary, floating in an endless sea of primal chaos. It has existed for countless millennia, and undergone several periods of occupancy, as evidenced by the mix of architectural styles. The functional areas of the base (Portals, Storage, Services, etc) can be found in the middle level, just below the surface. You can access it from the surface by going through the door guarded by the two dogs.

The upper level is outdoor, seen in the picture below. This area is largely barren, cluttered with various flotsam that has fallen through dimensions and washed up here. It is dominated by the four (Well, three) mystical pylons which serve to repel larger debris from crashing into the island.

The lower levels are deep underground in the base of the island, centered around its volcanic core.

This base is MASSIVE, and I built it to be explored. Take your time, turn off your travel powers, and look around. There are a number of secret passages, easter eggs, and hidden rooms in it, and not every path is obvious.

A bit of background on the Realm of Chaos: The Lords of Chaos created the Sanctuary to allow their champions to enter their realm without being driven mad by the chaos around them. They thus allowed a powerful seed of crystallized Order to enter their realm. This crystal immediately began to aggregate solid matter around itself, endlessly battling against the primal chaos of the dimension itself. Over time, this chunk of solid matter grew larger, allowing humans to exist near it in a (mostly) earthlike balance of order and chaos. This is not to say the place is not weird. Anything constructed here is subject to being warped by the warring energies of order and chaos, so the laws of normal physics do not always apply.

Not all of the chosen Champions of Chaos have embraced their role, and thus lacked the power to open a portal to the sanctuary, and fewer still have gained the arcane knowledge to even know to try. But since the dawn of time, enough have made their way here to leave their mark on the place. Some have used it as a hideout, or a residence. Others have founded cults with the sanctuary as base of operations. The most recent occupant, the supervillainess Khaotika, is content to use it as a base for her criminal gang.

Points of interest:
-The portal room. Constructed in ancient times by powerful mystics, these whirling portals can transport you to just about anyplace.

-The Library. A small collection of exceedingly rare books on the Arcane. It is currently being researched by the Midnighters, under special arrangement. They can offer enhancements, training, and even access to the Crystal of Ice and Fire.

-The Laboratory. Once a mystic workshop, remodeled in the late 19th century by a Champion with a scientific bent (or mad scientist, if you prefer) The lab is now a place to store salvaged artifacts and forge them into power enhancements. You can also find one of the Facemakers in there, working on something... unsavory, which Arachnos would not allow her to work on in the Isles.

-The USS Eldridge. A US Navy Destroyer, which was used in the famed "Philadelphia Experiment." It was supposed to become radar invisible Instead, it vanished, reportedly reappeared hundreds of miles away, then vanished altogether. Its fate was unknown until it washed ashore high above the Sanctuary, after drifting who knows how long in the timeless void of the Chaos Dimension. The fate of most of its skeleton crew is still unknown, but for a few poor souls trapped on the ship, fused into the very steel of the deckplates. They are apparently alive, but too long insane to tell you anything coherent.

-The "Green Room" Long ago, a group of seven wizards gave their lives to empower a giant crystal with life-energy. This crystal's radiation enables edible food plants to grow even from the barren stone of the cave walls, providing a permanent food supply for the sanctuary. The remains of the wizards are still there. No one is quite sure if they meant to sacrifice themselves, or whether their spell malfunctioned and killed them, but whatever, you should try the fruit. It's delicious.

-The Underground Lake. If your explorations take you to a large underground lake, swimming is not recommended. Some sort of monster lives in its waters. Beware.

-The Crystal Chasm. Deep under the lake is an enormous underground ravine, natural source of the beautiful crystals used to construct the portal room. Once spanned by a stone bridge, it is now crossed by a much flimsier construction after time and cave-ins destroyed the original. Cross at your own risk. The chasm may be bottomless.

-The Volcanic Core. If you find yourself here, at the deepest part of the sanctuary, and can survive the treacherous climb and stifling heat, you may chance to see the Order Crystal itself, around which the whole island formed. Best not to mess with it though. If anything were to happen to it, the whole island would soon be torn back into its component fragments and lost in the surrounding chaos.

-The Dungeon. Partway down into the volcanic core, you may find the dungeon, where enemies of the champions are sent to be forgotten, or put to unspeakable tortures. I wouldn't spend much time there, lest you find yourself in one of the cells.

-The Chamber of Lords. The unwary explorer may find themself in the audience chamber of the Lords of Chaos themselves. These mysterious entities manifest in very different ways. One of them is even fond of manifesting as a glowing bucket of Flander's Chicken (Don't ask, and do NOT eat the chicken.) They are unpredictable by nature, and if you meet them it is best to be polite, and perhaps they will not judge you too harshly when you leave.

@Chaos Girl - Excelsior 

screenshot_200613-10-07-07.jpg

Edited by LordofChaos

Thanks to all of our entrants!!! The contest is now closed to new entrants! We will watch this thread closely. Once we see that all bases have been finished, and remember guys. They have 30 days! We will begin judging! Good luck! Have fun!

10 hours ago, LordofChaos said:

Dang. Looks like I missed the entry deadline by only a couple of hours.

Well, if I can finish the sublevel in the next 30 days, I will post the code anyway, just for fun.

@Chaos Girl - Excelsior 

screenshot_200613-10-07-07.jpg

We will accept your submission for the contest being a few hours late. 

Can't wait to see it. 🙂

The Sister's Chrome Own:

Home to Justice Server.

E X C E L S I O R 

Rose's Thorn SG

Wanted to share a few pics from my base Solitude (passcode Solitude-748.) I know I wrote up notes on it when I entered the contest - I won't spam the thread with pics, just two of the atrium with the largest statues available to me. The entire atrium uses the dirty water texture to make it look like ice, and I've created vertical columns using that texture, with the interior blocked off by glass walls (facing inward) to keep people from flying through the columns.

I know the base design criteria is functionality and detail, but I hope scale gets some consideration, especially when one enters the Bottle City of Kandor that I have in the Fortress.

Atrium 1.jpg

Atrium 2.jpg

• 4 weeks later