Ebil Sunday #11 - Park it in the Market

Ura Hero

It's been a long time since I did one of these.  Beginning of February to be exact.  I hadn't been doing much marketing since I had a fair stash of influence.  I spent it down to a little over a billion and thought that maybe I should jump back in to the market for a while.

Bought a half a billion of Lords of Winter packs.  Not going to make much on those it looks like.  I had really bad luck with the rolls and got just a fraction more than one enhancement a pack.  I might make 600 million total.  Not too happy with that purchase.

Used the other half a billion to fund Heroes and Villains Packs.  Did a lot better on this.  Tons of Reward Merits, Converters, Boosts, etc.  I ended up with 20% more enhancements than packs bought, so very happy with this.  Converted all to Superiors so I should make a tidy profit even though it might take a week to get rid of all of it.   All in all I think I should end up around 300% of my investment plus some extra for the misc stuff I sold,

How are your marketeering efforts going?  

Is it strange that I thought about flipping common salvage for just a meager Inf difference (per unit to break even) purely for the entertainment value? 

I calculated I could sell 200 stacks for a magnificent 500,000 profit. I’d be rolling in it! Gonna have to get me a money bin!

• Haha 3

Spending 500M to get 600M is definitely less than the expected return on packs (packs are a crummy return anyway).

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I've noticed that pvp recipes are selling a lot more cheaply, and what seems to be a correlation, pvp ios are dropping in price, too. 

The recipes are now going, on average for about 3m. (when I say average, I'm talking about the price most often seen, not an arithmetical mean), and the crafted proc PvPIOs seem to be going for 9-10, leaning closer to the 9, overall. Glad Armor at 9, with the Panacea closer to 10, and the Shield Wall in the middle. 

There's still the staggering profit of about 5m per IO, but I can definitely see a lot more IOs listed for auction. I expect the price of these to continue to drop a little - but I think 8M will be about as low as the procs will go. But that's pure conjecture. Buying recipes, crafting, converting...tedious stuff for many folks. Only a few crazy folks are gonna stick with that. 

I've also noticed that sets that aren't Glad Armor, Shield Wall or Panacea - some of those are selling crafted for about 4-5m, which just leaves converting & selling costs...and those are much faster and easier to deal with. 

Superior Winter sets seem to be fairly stable at 26-30M. I don't see many of these at all for sale, and I think it's because folks are waiting for the next sale, and there's no sense in selling something when the folks that would buy them know that in a few months, they're going to be more easily and inexpensively obtained. 
What continues to boggle my mind is how the process of slotting, catalyzing, and unslotting (not necessarily in that order) adds about 8M to it's value. Folks is crazy sometimes.  

It's the same with ATOs. The brute ATOs, which seem in short supply, sell for 8-10 fairly quickly, but when superior, sell for 15-17. (Admittedly, the time for the sale to close is longer)

You'd think catalysts were selling for 4-5m with these differences, but they seem to be fairly cheap at 2-2.5m. 

Still plenty of inf out there to be gained in profit for the patient marketer who doesn't mind a little tedium. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

I think it's because folks are waiting for the next sale, and there's no sense in selling something when the folks that would buy them know that in a few months, they're going to be more easily and inexpensively obtained. 

Has a Winter Pack sale been confirmed or is it just speculation that it will happen again?