all the servers are down?

jackalcoh

So..we were running an MoUGT on Excelsior and had to that point gotten through the first part of the bomb badge with no issues. 

I had typed out the explanation for the staggered bomb section - hit enter - and nothing. 

Fortunately, we were using discord, (except one player) and I had already relayed things through Discord. Some thought we should wait for the impending crash - as I wasn't the only one whose league chat didn't work. But - one player determined that Local chat did work, so I used that to relay the instructions to zerg the bombs, as well as over discord. We got them all, without incident. 

Then - the crash happened. 

Much to my surprise (and relief) I was able to LFG queue back into the event, already in progress and relayed such to the league. We got to pick up right where we were when the server crashed! 
Moments later, we got our Master of Underground iTrial! 

I seriously doubt we'd have been able to do that without the use of Discord, (or some other voice service)

I know many of you would prefer not to use it. And before tonight, I was in that camp! I talk a lot during the day for work. I'd rather not have to talk when I play. And, a lot of folks will swear, or react to things in game ...almost hysterically, with rather unpleasant pitch. Unfortunately, seeing that people listen far better than they read - I'm now a believer in using Discord when going master runs. 

Also unfortunately, I think it's the use of Discord that has led to some people being unable to read league chat. But, whatcha gonna do? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

I mean, maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but didn't service interruptions like this happen all the time back during Legacy?   At least prior to 2009'ish?

I'm honestly shocked randomly downed servers doesn't happen more frequently here.

Don’t jinx it.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward