Shardtober 2020

wittylibrarian

I just need to confirm that Shardtober 2020 will be a thing, y'all.

My Incarnates desire it.

My Team Teleport is prepared for it.

My Blaster is unarmored fo... wait, bad idea, lemme send my Tanker in first.

Been busy working as a librarian

Been busy writing stories and getting published!

Check me out at https://paulwstories.com/

17 hours ago, MTeague said:

Now I have to make a beam rifle Sentinel or Blaster with a gold shirt (alternate costume where it's ripped....) and black pants and boots.

Is there a facial option that allows one to bleed artfully from one side of the mouth? 🤔

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

On 9/14/2020 at 6:39 PM, MunkiLord said:

Two things:

1. What is Shardtober?

2. Not important, but I initially read this as Shartober and was very confused.

Answers:

1. Shardtober is a plan to use the month of October to run the Shard Realm Task Forces - Dr. Q, Sara Moore, Justin Augustine, and Faathim the Kind - that people tended to avoid back when CoH was Live (2005 to 2012) because A) they were insanely long B) they're in zones people hate traveling across and C) required full lineups of 8 players which was hard to get back in the day.

So a supergroup - I think it was the Pillars of Might on Champion, may have been another group or on another server - decided to plan ahead for team runs on the October weekends (because Shard + tober worked as a punny name). As things fell away, I ended up handling the signups and promotions on Champion server, and did my best to encourage turnout.

The good news is, since those terrible early years when Team Teleport and Assemble The Team did NOT exist as powers, the Shard TFs are now very much playable. As long as every teammate has Team Teleport, the play time for Dr. Q - which could notoriously go on for DAYS in the Before Times - has dropped to under 2 hours. The other TFs are now just as short. The ability to buy a Jetpack as a temp power makes getting around the Shard zones - divided by wipe gaps between floating islands - a lot easier than before.

There are still sticking points: Minimum levels for Q and Moore are at 40, and Justin and Faathim require 44 and up. Team Teleport is a must but it's expensive at 10 million.

Other good news: Incarnates at +1 and better can smash through Rularuu - a tough mob of villains - at a healthy pace. Also, there are p2w vendors in FBZ, near Sara Moore, and near Justin where you can buy the TT and jetpack before you jump onto a TF.

The Shard TFs drop a lot of stuff - TF badges, a few Defeat badges, a few AV badges, and if you're running Incarnate you should get incarnate pieces (and maybe a purple recipe or three) in the process.

2. Everyone misspeels it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2020 at 6:44 PM, Hexquisite said:

I’d like repeat @MunkiLord’s “what is Shardtober” question. I fear it’s gotten lost as people devised the (frankly brilliant) ‘Shatinel’ AT.

It's a Month of SHARDING.

• Haha 1

It's a month long game of 'How many synonyms for Beholder can you come up with, without saying "Beholder".'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291