Rage - No FX Option

Darrk Waver

I have always wanted to try a SS something but there is something about the animation of Rage (the pulsing full body animation) that brings on a migraine for me. I have tried different color options both Bright and Dark and none of it helps. If you are ever considering adding more No FX options I request Rage be considered. Thanks in advance! 😉

• Like 6

I felt the same way.  I use /suppressclosefxdist 99 so I don't have to see it anymore, but keep in mind that will also make most power visuals disappear.

1. click Menu

2. click Options

3. click Graphics and Audio tab

4. click Advanced Graphics Settings and change to Enabled

5. click Suppress When Close and change to Enabled

6. click Apply

7. type /suppressclosefxdist 99 in the chat bar and press Enter

The number 99 can be anything you want, from 0-max camera distance.  For reference, I found them at the links below.  Hope that helps 🙂

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/SuppressCloseFx_(Slash_Command)

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/SuppressCloseFxDist_(Slash_Command)

Edited by Vindicator
To make my post more user-friendly.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vindicator said:

I felt the same way.  I use /suppressclosefxdist 99 so I don't have to see it anymore, but keep in mind that will also make most power visuals disappear.

I have never heard of this command before but will give it a try to see if it helps. Thanks for sharing! 

7 minutes ago, summers said:

There are so many powers VFX that I would like to see suppressed. I just don't know why I need to light up like a christmas tree with these various effects....

It's probably because you're playing a superhero game and you literally radiate power.

That's not to say there aren't some FXs I'd also like to see suppressable though.

7 minutes ago, Monos King said:

It's probably because you're playing a superhero game and you literally radiate power.

That's not to say there aren't some FXs I'd also like to see suppressable though.

Although I dearly appreciate the constructive sarcasm, maybe I'd just like to look the way I want to?

Edited by summers
  • Like 4

What makes me laugh is the fact that you radiate massive glowie powers at the same time you are Forced to be invisible by your stealth effects

For Rage as a temporary reduction in the glow perhaps change the color to one of the gray options, they seem to be the least lightbulb-ish for Rage in my experience.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, summers said:

Although I dearly appreciate the constructive sarcasm, maybe I'd just like to look the way I want to?

You can have superstrength as a 3 foot tall manic pixie 

You can be a sneaky stalker while being literally on fire 

You can be a Sonic Blaster with no mouth

But we draw the line I guess at requiring you to glow like a lightbulb when you get mad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm all for more options. I probably wouldn't use it, but given how long I fought and argued before Sonic got changed for this same reason (I don't get migranes, but it affected *me.* So my friends who did get them... ouch. One had the same issue with.. think it was willpower.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

13 hours ago, Vindicator said:

1. click Menu

2. click Options

3. click Graphics and Audio tab

4. click Advanced Graphics Settings and change to Enabled

5. click Suppress When Close and change to Enabled

6. click Apply

7. type /suppressclosefxdist 99 in the chat bar and press Enter

The number 99 can be anything you want, from 0-max camera distance.  For reference, I found them at the links below.  Hope that helps 🙂

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/SuppressCloseFx_(Slash_Command)

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/SuppressCloseFxDist_(Slash_Command)

Thank you for the follow up instructions! This eliminated Rage's FX so I'm good to go! 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haijinx said:

You can have superstrength as a 3 foot tall manic pixie 

You can be a sneaky stalker while being literally on fire 

You can be a Sonic Blaster with no mouth

But we draw the line I guess at requiring you to glow like a lightbulb when you get mad. 

The top three are choices.  You can choose to be a superstrong pixie or a sneaky burning man or a havenomouthbutimustscream-er.

You have no choice in your anger based luminosity

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ABlueThingy said:

anger based luminosity

... I need to work this phrase in to conversation somehow.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

15 hours ago, summers said:

No doubt. I'd for one like to get arctic gust to not make me transparent and to also not have to twirl with whirlwind on. Those two would fix a lot of my issues.

30 minutes ago, Monos King said:

No doubt. I'd for one like to get arctic gust to not make me transparent and to also not have to twirl with whirlwind on. Those two would fix a lot of my issues.

Nope. You must twirl! In fact, I'd like to see it make the enemies around you start twirling too. We could rename it from Whirlwind to Swan Lake. *nods*

This is obviously a completely serious suggestion.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Nope. You must twirl! In fact, I'd like to see it make the enemies around you start twirling too. We could rename it from Whirlwind to Swan Lake. *nods*

This is obviously a completely serious suggestion.

No...you're on to something. Something grand...something...debonair!

New Powerset: Motor Control!

You possess the means to manipulate your enemies cerebral make-up, causing them to break it down on the dance floor! This sets primary means of crowd control is knockback, as opponents (fabulously) fall and take their ally's with them!

FortunataTraining_Dominate.png.5b2f9437f858bbd1c67ee0238d40da3e.png Prime Cerebellum | Magnitude 4 disorient | Minor Damage | 40% Chance for chain knockback | Recharge 1 second

Uses Whirlwind Animation on those it spreads to

Uses random dance emote on those disoriented

You assail the mind of your opponent, causing them to flail aimlessly. Enemies move so erratically that they may crash into ally's, causing them to spin as well.

FortunataTraining_PsionicTornado.png.e0b4ccf8d18831949666919bd6a8a72b.png Swan Lake | Magnitude 2 Twirl | Moderate Damage | 50% Chance for Chain Knockback | Recharge 2 seconds

You introduce a grand display to your enemies. Enemies will move in sync with you, and begin twirling helplessly. Nearby enemies may begin repeatedly falling over.

It only needs two powers. You're a genius Grey.

... you realize that needs the Dance Gun too, right? 🙂

Edited by Greycat
Had to add the old link to that video - from live, of course.

47 minutes ago, merrypessimist said:

But what if we don't want to?  Will you make us leave our friends behind?

Well, your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine!