explain everything I need to know about Grav/Time like Im 5 years old

Ejlertson

2 hours ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

Keep in mind Controllers tend to be a low damage AT so it may feel weaker than other ATs, your role is more of a force multiplier.

Damn, that hit teh nail on the head on why I likely never tried them. I mostly play solo. Having a dedicated team charachter is not something I´ll love playing.

Thank you for taking time to write the reply out to me anyway 🙂

Edited by Ejlertson

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

4 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

So so so gravity is like VWOOSH! And time is like ZZIMMMM, WOW! And you just pick things up and smash 'em together or just smush them in place and hey, wanna ride bikes?

Seriously. This answer just gave me a great, booming full out belly laugh and wins the internet for the day 🙂 Thank you for sucha wonderfull start to my day.
And yes I´ll ride bikes with you 😄

• Like 1

I play a grav/ dom and the grav powers are not so benign. crush, lift and propel can be slotted to become quite strong attacks, and further enhanced when your enemies are under the effects of gravity distortion. grav distortion and grav distortion fields are also strong enough to hold down AVs. I haven't played around with dimensional shift too much to give advise, but wormhole is fun. the pet is kinda meh, but comes in useful sometimes.

I don't have a /time controller, but I think it's similar to a time/ defender, which is broken in a good way. you can carry the entire team with it. So you can pretty much focus on team support, which comes easy with /time's set of powers, and still not be busy enough to sneak in a few damaging attacks in.

The problem I usually encounter with doms, defenders and controllers is that they have so many great powers that I have trouble choosing with the limited power picks we are given. On one dom, I sacrificed def/res and getting mezzed just to take most of the primary and secondary powers. And she's still quite tough... more than survivable, especially on a team. Solo is a bit slower and harder (requires a bit of strategic thinking--like don't go Leroy Jenkins on a mob), but still able to hold her own on +2x4.

Im not saying I just made a Grav/Time Controller called Prof. Timestein.

Im also not saying I just level her to lvl 7.
But IF I had, I would talk about how amusing it is to use Lift and Propel while running around with Speed of sound and Jaunt.
At least Im imagineing it would be because I did definately not do it...

Edited by Ejlertson
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Ejlertson said:

Damn, that hit teh nail on the head on why I likely never tried them. I mostly play solo. Having a dedicated team charachter is not something I´ll love playing.

Thank you for taking time to write the reply out to me anyway 🙂

Grav/Time can solo very easily, but it doesn't pick up speed until 27 or so, when you have Wormhole on a decent recharge. 

Once Wormhole is fully armed and operational, you pretty much stop taking damage while soloing; besides just repositioning mobs, WH is also an AoE stun.  Drop the mob where you want them, hit them with Crushing Field to keep them from wandering, and proceed to beat the poo out of them.  Any bosses disagree with you, you have two ST holds to keep them buttoned down.

Aside from the standard ST/AoE Immobilize and Holds that most primaries get, Grav also has Lift and Propel, extra ST damage powers what benefit from Containment and a mechanic called Impact where extra damage is applied to critters that have been mezzed. 

Time gives you extra holds, heals and buffs that affect yourself, and some decent debuffs on top of that.

Stick it out past 26, then proc out Crushing Field, and use the KB:KD enhancement in Wormhole, and you'll be soloing like a crazy person.  For extra melting fun, go Stone Mastery for the epic, where you can get two proc bombs in Fissure and Seismic Smash.  With your -Res from Time, Seismic Smash will routinely hit orange cons for 1300 every 8s. It's amazing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 10/16/2020 at 6:23 AM, roleki said:

Aside from the standard ST/AoE Immobilize and Holds that most primaries get, Grav also has Lift and Propel

Bonus fun is Propel does AoE knockdown. So you sneak up to a spawn, throw a rusty Chevy at them and half the spawn falls down while then the half looks on in horror and you cackle like a maniac.

On 10/15/2020 at 9:46 AM, Ejlertson said:

I 've never played a controller before so tell me what i need to know, but use small words

Attack bad guy once, do normal damage. Attack twice, do double damage.

Controllers get containment for their inherent power, so anything that has a control applied you do double damage on the next attack.

So I throw out the mass Immob then the single target attacks and those do double damage, defeating dummies decisively. As long as you keep a control on the enemies you keep doing double damage.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 3:29 PM, Ejlertson said:

My Grav/Storm cruises through stuff in no time. Damage on a controller is heavily dependent on your secondary. Not entirely, but it can make a big difference. As was said,

On 10/15/2020 at 1:18 PM, 5099y_74c05 said:

/Time is a defensive secondary

so you're going to do less damage than a more offensive secondary. I recommend defensive secondaries particularly for folks who like to carry otherwise underpowered teams. For example, if you plan to run a lot of PI Radio teams with lower level teammates, it will serve you well.

If you are looking to speed up your personal kill-rate, look for secondaries with more -DEF, -RES, and -Regen. Of course, these are also great to speed up your team.

On 10/26/2020 at 10:24 PM, VV said:

My Grav/Storm cruises through stuff in no time. Damage on a controller is heavily dependent on your secondary. Not entirely, but it can make a big difference. As was said,

so you're going to do less damage than a more offensive secondary. I recommend defensive secondaries particularly for folks who like to carry otherwise underpowered teams. For example, if you plan to run a lot of PI Radio teams with lower level teammates, it will serve you well.

If you are looking to speed up your personal kill-rate, look for secondaries with more -DEF, -RES, and -Regen. Of course, these are also great to speed up your team.

As outlined earlier, /time turns you into a force multiplier more so than a straight damage dealer. Grav itself has decent, for Controller, ST damage just no real AoE damage until you get to epic powers, if you wish it.

Edited by Sykar