Epic Pool Armors Minimal FX!

capricorpse

Can we please PLEASE get a Minimal FX option for Stone and Ice armors in epic pools?  I have controllers who want to get those earth powers without walking around looking like they are covered in sh*t!  It could be the floating rocks, or even just the same opening animation with rocks crumbling off you, and then it just leaves a dust or glow instead?

Same with Ice, acrross the board.  I wouldn't mind a little frosty aura or something, but I think in this game where so many people spend a long time on costumes, we should have more minimal FX options for powers that cover them. 

These may exist already for the armor sets as primaries/secondaries, so it can't be that hard to implement.

Thanks!

• Like 3

At least for controllers it does, yeah. Is there one not giving a minimal FX for ice?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Hard second, the new clunky rock bits ruined a troller's look and it's hard to bring myself to dig her out anymore.  I mean, she's tough and all, sure, but she might as well just be a horrible hodgepodge of clipping mismatched costume pieces now...

BECAUSE SHE IS!

*fumes*

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

45 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

All power sets should have a minimal and no VFX option in my opinion.  Would also be wonderful to be able to turn off VFX from powers cast on us as well.  The game has become far too polluted with VFX spam.

you know, i hadn't considered this possibility but I'd love this as well.  I like coloring my auras and armors with more faded colors so that I can still see myself when they're stacked.  but let's just say not everyone does!  Maybe there could be a Null the Gull option that suppresses armors?

Though, I would want to keep things like force fields and sonic, those are nice and don't obscure you. 

3 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

All power sets should have a minimal and no VFX option in my opinion.  Would also be wonderful to be able to turn off VFX from powers cast on us as well.  The game has become far too polluted with VFX spam.

This guy knows what's up.  I don't even want to pick something like Thermal because there's no minimal FX option like Cold has (or at least I think it has for the most part), because I don't want to turn my entire team into a burning effigy (even if I color it in a way to make it more subtle).  Definitely second a Null option that disables visual FX of all buffs given to you by other players.  And also more minimal FX options for Armors.  While there are some Radiation Armor abilities that look cool and add to a costume, others just turn you into a glowing green lightbulb (or whatever color you pick).  Sure, you can get more subtle colors but there's no reason it shouldn't have minFX options like Bio has.  

1 hour ago, dangeraaron10 said:

This guy knows what's up.  I don't even want to pick something like Thermal because there's no minimal FX option like Cold has (or at least I think it has for the most part), because I don't want to turn my entire team into a burning effigy (even if I color it in a way to make it more subtle).  Definitely second a Null option that disables visual FX of all buffs given to you by other players.  And also more minimal FX options for Armors.  While there are some Radiation Armor abilities that look cool and add to a costume, others just turn you into a glowing green lightbulb (or whatever color you pick).  Sure, you can get more subtle colors but there's no reason it shouldn't have minFX options like Bio has.  

If there were an option for this, I'd hope it would only be local (IE, "don't show FX on my character.") When I'm buffing, I *want* to see those effects on someone, or *some* sort of effect, so I know if they've run out. Yes, I know the icons show on the team window, but some characters have plenty of other armors and toggles and that list gets to be a bit of a pain to run through.

(All right, two options, don't show on me, and maybe just a "don't show buff effects globally.")

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

20 minutes ago, Greycat said:

If there were an option for this, I'd hope it would only be local (IE, "don't show FX on my character.") When I'm buffing, I *want* to see those effects on someone, or *some* sort of effect, so I know if they've run out. Yes, I know the icons show on the team window, but some characters have plenty of other armors and toggles and that list gets to be a bit of a pain to run through.

(All right, two options, don't show on me, and maybe just a "don't show buff effects globally.")

That's what I meant.  An option to disable buff FX on yourself, that way you can throw out those neon colored Thermal buffs to know exactly who is and who isn't buffed with what but the people on the receiving end don't get blinded by your flames.  I also wouldn't mind a copy of Null showing up in Atlas Park and Mercy so you don't have to go to Pocket D to talk to it.  

• Thanks 1