Opening all the presents

It seems that passive procs (that's my guess) are resulting in the Present Opening animation playing. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Additional Info: If it's what I think it is, you will find yourself stopping to pop confetti when under the effect of many "granted" powers - but ONLY while Shinobi is active.  Example scenarios that will result in you playing the emote:

• Activating Inner Inspiration
  • Crossing into the region of a Day Job
  • You may also receive it when entering certain neighborhood or badge volumes.
Edited by Replacement

I just spent a few minutes testing this one. I can confirm that when Shinobi is active entering into a tram, Wentworths, or the vicinity of a base portal will trigger the present opening emote. As will using Inner Inspiration. Activating Shinobi once inside those areas does not trigger the present opening emote.

It was likely Shinobi related.

I am most definitely experiencing this on my archery/ninja blaster on test. I have shinobi toggled on. 

It happens every single time I activate aim. It also happens every time I load into a zone. I tried turning toggle off and then back on and it still opens the confetti every time I use aim. If I untoggle shinobi the bug does not occur when activating aim. 

It also has happened several times during a fight even when I don’t activate aim. Haven’t been able to pinpoint other causes, but I have noticed it happens a lot when switching between katana and arrow attacks in quick succession. 

Edited by Saikochoro

On 10/25/2020 at 4:16 PM, Zepp said:

It seems that passive procs (that's my guess) are resulting in the Present Opening animation playing. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I just had a character start doing it every time they zone. not sure what triggered it.

it hasn't happened on my other characters yet

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

5 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I just had a character start doing it every time they zone. not sure what triggered it.

it hasn't happened on my other characters yet

It appears to be related to Shinobi. Was the character that was opening it a /Nin blaster?

43 minutes ago, Zepp said:

It appears to be related to Shinobi. Was the character that was opening it a /Nin blaster?

yes. With Shinoibi

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I did the standard mission testing AE missing with my archery/ninja blaster and this bug kept going off at random times. I even made sure not to use aim at all because I know that causes the bug. The bug still happened a lot though.  I do have several procs in passives such as numina’s, miracle, power transfer, and performance shifter. Not sure if it relates to those.  

The bug is making it very difficult to actually test the power. Though I’m glad we have this testing period to find bugs like this 😜

• Jimmy locked this topic