General Player Census

Noyjitat
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First MMORPG: Earth and Beyond (may EA die in a cursed fire)

Then in order:

Dark Age of Camelot

City of Heroes

World of Warcraft

Star Wars: the Old Republic

Tabula Rasa

Star Trek Online

Secret World

Those are the only ones I have spent any significant time in.  I've spent some time in Champions Online and DCUO, but found them lacking.  Have tried both Everquests and numerous other MMORPGs that were all lacking.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

City of Heroes

World of Warcraft

Tabula Rasa

Star Trek Online

Secret World

Those and Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard Saga of Heroes, and I think there were a couple more whose names I can't remember.

City of Heroes

World of Warcraft

Tabula Rasa

Star Trek Online

Secret World

Those and Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard Saga of Heroes, and I think there were a couple more whose names I can't remember.

Ah, yes, Vanguard.  Wasn't able to get too far in to it, but I wanted to.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Mmm.. CoH may not have, strictly,  been my first MMO, but it was the first one I actually put time and effort into. Started with WoW and two weeks later it was uninstalled and cancelled. CoH comes along and I start it and play it every day unless directly unable to until the Sunset.

Other MMOs since then include:

World of Warcraft (in shifts of a couple weeks with months between rounds)

The Secret World/Secret World Legends

Final Fantasy 14

Black Desert Online

Champions Online

Neverwinter Online

Star Trek Online

DC Universe Online

Though the bottom 5 are barely a blip now.

I actually havent played this game before, but I love the character creator. Tbh I think im spending more time there than the actual game haha. I do wanna get into more of the actual gameplay though, and I'm looking forward to playing a bit more.

I think it's great that the game is back. It's a oldie but a goodie, and who knows, maybe a whole new generation will get into the game?

I picked first time player even though I spent a week running around on the Union server before they pulled the plug.

Other MMOs I play/played

Champs online my first mmo 2011-2015

Lotro on and off for a few months at a time

DDo as and when

Swotor

DCUo

BDo

AoC

Archeage

Having a blast here teamed up last night for about an hour, and had more fun in that time than in the last two years on CO.

Closed beta CoH through to close.

Sissyfight

Everquest

DaOC

Myth of Soma

Anarchy Online

Rubies of Eventide

City of Heroes

various betas all over, all sucked

Anarchy Online

Black Desert Online

City of Heroes

The issue is publicly soliciting funding. It's going to get everyone into hot water. Other servers doing that could bring legal trouble down on everyone.

In order

Everquest

CoH Launch - Close

WoW intermittantly with roommates when not busy leveling on CoH then after close of CoH - current

StarTrek Online Lifetime Sub at Launch - current

Star Wars Old Republic Beta - current

Other beta tests were intermittently interspersed in there but never memorable for me so not mentioned

CoH for Life

I've played a ton of MMO's over the years, but nothing quite captured the spirit of this game. Granted, it WAS the MMO that started it all for me, until WoW sucked me away. I then fell into a spiral of trying every new MMO that came afterwards, with a brief return to CoH around the time CoV came out; but I didn't stay for very long for whatever reason at the time. I never imagined I would be playing it again, but here we are; and with great joy might I add. I haven't played a game that made me want to sit at my computer all day in a long, long time.

Lets see. My first true MMO was, I believe, Ultima Online. I also played Diablo online a lot, a couple of MUCKs, A sort of game/chat program called Furcadia.. I don't really recall the order of all those. Other than Diablo came before UO.

A brief stint in Everquest, also a stint in a game called 'The 4th coming' (basically a UO clone) but mostly UO for a long while.

Then there was Horizons.

I think it was during Horizons that I tried Shadowbane and RF Online, neither of which did I stick with.

I migrated from Horizons to City of Heroes.

I tried WoW, found it... unengaging.

Bit of a stint in DDO, which I played when I didn't feel like playing City.

Guild Wars, which I also played here and there when I didn't feel like playing City.

Tried Secret World a couple times, never got super in to it, despite liking the concept.

I forget what it was called but somewhere in the range of City shut down, maybe a little before, I played an anime MMO that the combat was kinda sidescroller beat-em-up, was interesting.

Guild Wars 2.

Path of Exile.

Archeage.

Black Desert Online.

Neverwinter was the last I actively played before not having internet at home anymore.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

Everquest

World of Warcraft (briefly)

City of Heroes

Dark Age of Camelot

City of Heroes

Wish (beta)

Star Wars the Old Republic

Champions Online

and now here.

A lot of the above overlapped and there are a couple of hiati where I wasn't playing any MMOPRG's.

This game feeds my altaholism more than ony other. Even after all this time, the character creator is still amazing.

It was my very first MMO.

I started the game in the first week when it came out and was totally hook.

Then World of Warcraft came out and that grabbed me as well.

Since all those many years ago (15 years) there have been many other MMO's that I have gotten into to include both Champions Online & DC Universe Online.

But City of Heroes still holds many fawn memories.

Glad to see it back.

I'm an MMO veteran, but CoH was always my fave.  It was also the first I played, followed by WoW, Everquest, Rift... Wildstar...

I did try Champions and DC Universe when CoH went, but never got into either of them.

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

Guide of Misguidance (Dark/Regen)

Played since the GDN and until the servers went dark.

Already see many names familiar to me from back in the day and while I didn't post a ton I was a regular organizer of Incarnate Trials, Hami PA team, and Statesman TF.

So happy to be back in the game even if it doesn't last forever!

CoH was my first MMO.  Before playing it, I just couldn't understand why pay a monthly subscription to play a game I had already had purchased. 

Then along came CoH and I have been addicted to this game since the character building screen. I had also play, just for a short time SW:TOR,

Champions Online, DCUO, and Secret World.  Secret World was about the closest to CoH, IMHO, when it came to story arcs and story lines.

before 2002          none                                I was unable to locate any available superhero mmo.

2002-2004            Dark Age of Camelot        It filled the time before City of Heroes released.  The RvR fights (their version of PvP) was massive and open-world.

2004-2012            City of Heroes                  Great experiences with a variety of characters, teaming-up on missions, and overall positive community (both ingame and forums).

2012-2015            Star Wars: TOR                I loved their companion system, but wished for being able to choose your own companion for regardless what class that you played.

2015-2017            Marvel Heroes                  So many options on how to customize your chosen character's gameplay and build.  I was disappointed that it was shutdown.

2017-present        Guild Wars 2                    Very casual.  I enjoyed the open-world and cooperative aspects of it.

I followed my new boyfriend to the pre-beta boards, then beta... CoH was my first MMO ever.  I stopped playing when the requirements exceeded what my sad computer could provide. I dabbled a bit with CoV and managed to log in for the shutdown.

CoH has a very special place in my heart. My husband and I have very fond memories of the game and it's people. We look forward to getting to know the game again. And this 4 yr old laptop is plenty good enough to run it :D

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History.

http://www.virtueverse.net/wiki/Pirate_Hollis