Merits for Bank Missions

galaxgal

Right now all the bank mission-only rewards are one-time only. This means once you have your badges or speedrun them for temp powers they're only really worth doing as a novelty, reducing interest in teams for them.

Could we add a small handful of Merits or some similar recurrent reward to Mayhem and Safeguard missions to help keep them relevant vs. story arcs, tips, and TF's?

Something for the side missions would be nice too.

• Like 3

How many would be good?  What do we get from alignment changes?(It's been a long while for me - they were lowered iirc?)

If lvl 50 Banks gave like 5 merits(I'm just thinking of what most story give per number of missions and subtracting a little from farmability), I think Id be down with that.   It is difficult to make rewards for Bank missions considering how fast people can grind thru radio/paper missions to get to them, and then how fast we can complete the bank mission itself as well.

Alternatively, I am a badge oriented player, having several tiers of Banks completed(10/25/50/100 or something)  would be a good motivator for me as well, especially Hero side where banks are not attached to an important accolade power.

Edited by Monkerlotus
  • Like 3

I admit that I forgot that we have contacts who give out bank missions for free; my idea revolved around the 'normal' path of doing them as a capstone to a set of radios or papers, which can be about as long as a shorter story arc.

Those contacts could simply not reward any merits or reward them at a reduced rate. (Assuming that's possible and not a huge burden to code.)

My 'dream' idea would be for the total reward would be split between the bank and the key missions, encouraging players to run around the map and look for keys, but it might be more difficult to balance.

I forget what we get from alignment missions but I think that would be a good baseline overall.

Edited by galaxgal
  • Like 1

I would love to see a situation where completing the bank mission would award one merit and completing each side mission would also award one merit.

• Like 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:12 PM, Glacier Peak said:

With the advent of Lord Schweinzer and Agent Hassell, I don't think this can be something where merits are awarded. If a bank mission can be farmed a dozen times in less than an hour, anything more than 1 merit would be overcompensation in my opinion.

I wouldn't be completely opposed to removing these contacts if the mission chain and bank missions were more lucrative for players, the incentive to play them would make getting related badges much easier for a lot of people.

Of course, i like having these contacts for cheesing the explorations though 😄

I like this. While I do love Council PI farms, I would also love it if there was better incentive for people to do the safeguard mission.

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

I would not tie it to the completion since that is so fast. Tie the total merits to the number of side missions completed, maybe 1 merit for each type of side mission aside from the main. That would make it rewarding for those who will stay, but not exceed other sources of merit.

• Like 3