[Beta] Patch Notes for November 27th, 2020

Jimmy

4 hours ago, Faultline said:

We're not doing anything other than critical fixes and very minor changes during the holidays season (Thanksgiving to New Year). Some on the team are workaholics that will try to push to get things done anyway, but that's not healthy. Consider development largely on break until January; even if your request seems minor, if we start doing all the minor things, we'll take no break at all.

Take a break, y'all earned it! You've pushed a lot of content in the last patch, some of it... controversial. Taking a step back and relaxing would be the best thing you can do!

• Retired Developer
3 hours ago, Gavric said:

For the record, this is the definition of snide.

You know... I apologize. I wrote that note in my commit message, meaning it to be less of a blast up the keester in terms of difficulty.

I think you took the intended meaning as something more inflammatory. I assure you that was entirely NOT the intent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

On 11/26/2020 at 4:24 PM, Jimmy said:

The only thing testers need to attempt is: Defeat Duray, let the clone spawn, defeat the clone, and then wait to see if a SECOND clone spawns. Not sure if it it does or not. If a second clone spawns and you defeat him, you technically trigger the failsafe with Primal Duray still alive.

The clone spawns at least 2 other invisible actors to check the status of Prae Duray, which attach to the spawn originally designed for two positions. When the tangible jerks die, either the invisible guys don't despawn properly OR the spawndef gets confused because now it recognizes other enemies that must be defeated to clear it.

There's now a failsafe script running that counts how many Durays you kill, the same script that is used for defeating WEB cables in the STF 😄

That script is set to count kills on PraeDuray, PriDuray, and PraeClone Duray. Total kills needed: 3.

So you can see why I'm interested in making sure only one clone spawns

Just ran into what I think is the bug described here, on the live servers. And I think the issue is that we didn't have any clones spawn at all.

6 hours ago, Faultline said:

We're not doing anything other than critical fixes and very minor changes during the holidays season (Thanksgiving to New Year). Some on the team are workaholics that will try to push to get things done anyway, but that's not healthy. Consider development largely on break until January; even if your request seems minor, if we start doing all the minor things, we'll take no break at all.

Taking a break includes you. Get to it.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, just cannot keep track of what goes where.

Just collected the new Natterings badge in Zulu and noticed that in the last page notices the badge is called “Winged Nuasances” but the badge as awarded is named “Flying Nuasances”.

Not good at spelling either, sorry

• Jimmy locked this topic