[Beta] Patch Notes for November 27th, 2020

Jimmy

• City Council

Note: The Beta shards have been wiped. You'll need to create or copy new characters.

Winter Event

• The Winter event is now active
  • New for 2020: The Winter Forest, a special zone previously only accessible via Null the Gull, has been updated to be a seasonal hang-out spot
    • While the Winter event is active, it can be accessed from any TUNNEL portal or by using Long Range Teleporter
    • While the Winter event is active, several NPCs gather in the zone: Ms. Liberty (Trainer), an Icon Cosmetic Surgeon, The Candy Keeper, Shady Nick (Black Market), a P2W Winter Agent, a Last-Minute Gift Shop (Quartermaster), a Merit Vendor, several heroes and villains from around Paragon and the Rogue isles, and of course, Null the Gull himself
    • An invention table, a base portal, and a TUNNEL portal have also been added, and they remain at all times, even after the winter event ends
    • Several small geometry fixes have been made
    • A minimap and a special loading screen have been added

screenshot_201127-00-22-30.thumb.jpg.0f42d5800839d749a916bdf33edd5ed8.jpg

screenshot_201127-00-22-44.thumb.jpg.2d6bc98416405ed5404ecb6ac0f1a760.jpg

Long Range Teleporter

• Updates to the Long Range Teleporter destination list
    • Destinations are now coloured based on their location (Paragon City, Rogue Isles, Praetoria and Shadow Shard)
    • Locked destinations are now listed - this makes it easier to see where you can and cannot go, and also keeps every destination in a consistent location regardless of how many you've unlocked
    • Shadow Shard zones moved to the bottom of the list
    • Peregrine Island moved to just below Eden (this results in all co-op Paragon zones are now listed together at the end of the Paragon section)
    • Zone levels removed in order to make the list easier to read
  • Fixed Faultline not unlocking properly
    • Previously it would unlock if you owned any badge from Echo: Faultline, rather than Faultline proper

image.png.836b84739073daff70dfdd4c7be8a51a.png

The Graveyard Shift

• Updates to spawns in the rave mission to reduce rectally-induced trauma
  • Adjusted the Raverobber spawn to ensure that the spawn clears as complete as soon as Raverobber drops

General

• Trainers no longer lie to players about Supergroup Mode and Prestige
  • Null the Gull no longer discusses the Dimensional Warder badge with Praetorians before they move over into Primal Earth properly
  • The various prestige teleportation powers in the P2W store now have proper descriptions instead of just saying "Buy me!"

Bug Fixes

• Fixed many powers having incorrect colour palettes for power customization
    • Many powers had their power customization options incorrectly assigned in i27
    • This patch should resolve all of these issues - please test and let us know if you see any problems!
  • Fixed some text errors with the Auctioneer day job
  • Fixed the Visionary badge not awarding credit for Overseer bosses
    • These were still being tracked, they just weren't attached to the badge, so if you killed a bunch before this patch you may automatically earn the badge when you log in
  • Fixed the Duray encounter failing during Admiral Sutter's TF
    • Please test:

The only thing testers need to attempt is: Defeat Duray, let the clone spawn, defeat the clone, and then wait to see if a SECOND clone spawns. Not sure if it it does or not. If a second clone spawns and you defeat him, you technically trigger the failsafe with Primal Duray still alive.

The clone spawns at least 2 other invisible actors to check the status of Prae Duray, which attach to the spawn originally designed for two positions. When the tangible jerks die, either the invisible guys don't despawn properly OR the spawndef gets confused because now it recognizes other enemies that must be defeated to clear it.

There's now a failsafe script running that counts how many Durays you kill, the same script that is used for defeating WEB cables in the STF 😄

That script is set to count kills on PraeDuray, PriDuray, and PraeClone Duray. Total kills needed: 3.

So you can see why I'm interested in making sure only one clone spawns

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Jimmy changed the title to [Beta] Patch Notes for November 26th, 2020
15 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Locked destinations are now listed - this makes it easier to see where you can and cannot go, and also keeps every destination in a consistent location regardless of how many you've unlocked

I don't suppose this could be made an option? I actually think it's easier to use the way it is currently, especially if you only have a few zones unlocked...

"We're out of options, I'll have to use the jetpack," I said, strapping on the jetpack and ignoring the many non-jetpack options still left.

Having trouble deciding your next alt? Just need a cool name? Try out City Suggests

Looking for powers data? Try the Powers API

• City Council
1 minute ago, RubyRed said:

I don't suppose this could be made an option? I actually think it's easier to use the way it is currently, especially if you only have a few zones unlocked...

I'll try to make it a Null the Gull option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

16 hours ago, Jimmy said:
  • Peregrine Island moved to just below Eden (this results in all co-op Paragon zones are now listed together at the end of the Paragon section)

I don't suppose the co-op zones could get their own color code? I think that's a more useful distinction than whether a destination is technically in Paragon City.

• Like 2

• City Council
4 hours ago, KeepDistance said:

I don't suppose the co-op zones could get their own color code? I think that's a more useful distinction than whether a destination is technically in Paragon City.

You can only see the zones that you can currently enter as your alignment, so if you're a pure villain then the non-co-op Paragon zones don't show up.

The current categorization is an attempt to make this feel more like a real in-world thing, and be less "gamey". We're open to changing it if there's a substantial amount of feedback though.

1 hour ago, Mystic Fortune said:

Any chance the red zones in the list could be made a slight (very slight) shade more red? They appear to be a bit more of a burnt orange currently.

We did actually try a redder red and it gave the impression it was a "broken" or "warning" option. I know we're meant to hate villains, but discouraging people from visiting the Rogue Isles seemed like a step too far!

Here's a few we tried before the backgrounds were coloured. I could maybe try getting it slightly more red, somewhere between Mercy and Port Oakes (the current shade).

unknown.png

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

2 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Personally, I like the Mercy Island red.  The others are too orange-y.

Yeah. I would say the Mercy Island red is a better starting off point. It could always be tweaked from there.

But to be fair, it's a very minor nitpick, and if it remained how it is in the OP I'm sure I would eventually get used to it.

• Like 2

• City Council

We're not doing anything other than critical fixes and very minor changes during the holidays season (Thanksgiving to New Year). Some on the team are workaholics that will try to push to get things done anyway, but that's not healthy. Consider development largely on break until January; even if your request seems minor, if we start doing all the minor things, we'll take no break at all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, tomcal90660 said:

I haven’t been in for a few weeks so this may be an old question but is the macro to enter base not working? “Macro base enterbasefrompasscose Johnson-1234” doesn’t send me to my base. Thanks 

Base Teleportation

• The internal command /enterbasefrompasscode has been fixed, and now requires that you be able to enter a base normally before using it (this was always the intended functionality of the command), which includes any of the following:
    • Being within 45 feet of a base portal (including base portals summoned by the new powers detailed below)
    • Being anywhere inside a Supergroup base
    • Using Long Range Teleporter, Base Transporter (P2W) or Monitor Duty Teleporter (Day Job)
      • The command remains available to use until you move 20 feet from the location you used the power, or until you activate another power

It's still there, but different 🙂

--------------------

Reunion: Proximus, Aristomachus, Temporal, Vanadium, Visceral, tenet, Resolve

Formerly of Guardian and Pinnacle

10 minutes ago, Faultline said:

We're not doing anything other than critical fixes and very minor changes during the holidays season (Thanksgiving to New Year). Some on the team are workaholics that will try to push to get things done anyway, but that's not healthy. Consider development largely on break until January; even if your request seems minor, if we start doing all the minor things, we'll take no break at all.

No worries. I wouldn't expect anything more, you guys have done a great job.

Major props and thanks to you guys for fixing the stuck in base portal bug.

Looking forward to more base pieces in the future 🙂

Edited by KingofMonkeys