How much Slow Resistance for a Stone/Fire Brute is enough for all content (solo)??

Qabal

My Stone/Fire Brute is currently level 33, and he's my current favorite of my 40 some odd characters I've made so far.  I essentially have 3 builds in mind for level 50, but I've never reached that level with anyone else yet, so I need to know what to prioritize. 

How important is 100% Slow resistance?  Right now, Slow is crippling, but my resistance is sitting at 20%.  Is 70% enough to manage endgame?  If not, I can slot 2 Superior Avalanche each into Tremor and Rise of the Phoenix to hit 100%, but it costs me 15-20% recharge and drops my smashing and lethal resist from 90 to 84 (I'd still maintain 45% Smashing, Lethal, and Melee defense).  

21 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Based mostly on my experience with an SR scrapper who had 60% (Quickness+Winter's Gift) 70% is enough.  I'd be real slow (😜) to sacrifice the recharge and resistance to gain more.  Worse case you find it's still sufficiently irritating and respec things later.

Thank you.  I'll definitely spec him for recharge in that case.  Plus, this way I get to keep Fault and drop either Rise of the Phoenix or Tremor (not a huge fane of Tremor, though I could definitely use more aoe).

running solo i assume you are doing story arcs, running at +0/x1?   I run Story Arcs a lot, then I run the same characters in madness filled Incarnate Trials and +4 ITFs.  They are two different games.  Running solo is an interesting cruise along the top of the water.  Sometimes complicated or amazing.  Does not require a ton of....anything really.

Heavy 50 content is going deep and you have to build for the pressure and how you want the build to perform.  And it is a learning process of what is good, what works for you, what you like.  Some peoples slow resistance is never get hit.  Then on the odd chance they do get hit they deal with consequences.  (fly, break free, suffer....)  I use a Force Feedback +rech in Kick attack from fighting pool.  I know if I ever need to kick something my Rech has been nerfed to crap so it was a perfect decision...

I wouldn't break up the melee/pbaoe winter sets for for slow resistance. The S/L and melee defense at 5 slots is too good to pass up if you are aiming for an optimized build with fire armor. I'd 5 slot seismic smash with blistering cold and 5 slot blazing aura with avalanche, skip the acc/dam/rech.

If you don't have the influence for winters event sets, consider the winter travel IO and 3 piece synapses shock, those along with temp protection will get you 50% slow resist which is decent for the budget. Later on when you have the budget you can add the winter sets, with those it's not hard to get at least 70% slow resist.

Edited by Nemu

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

2 hours ago, Nemu said:

I wouldn't break up the melee/pbaoe winter sets for for slow resistance. The S/L and melee defense at 5 slots is too good to pass up if you are aiming for an optimized build with fire armor.

With the melee set, not really. True, you lose the chance at 5% S/L defense, but you can just substitute it with 4 Kinetic Combats, for 3.75%, nearly as much and for fewer slots to boot. And you can slot up to 5 Kinetic Combats.

Baring the 3 piece superior brute's fury which gives 5% S/L defense, 5% S/L for 5 slots is about as slot efficient as you can get and it has good all around enhancement values. 4 kinetic combats will leave you wanting for ACC and damage. If I'm optimizing fire armor builds I'd rather have 5 piece blistering for the slow resist and 5% s/l and 4 kinetic combats than 5 kinetic combats.

If I were to build fire armor I'd prioritize S/L def, recharge and slow resist. In reality a fire armor build that takes tough/weave possibly maneuvers will not need 5 KC to get to the S/L softcap. There are other places where you can build up S/L defense bonuses, such as build up and other +to hit variants, and in the resist armors. That frees up the rest of the ST melee attacks for sets that offer recharge like hecatomb or crushing impact. Monopolizing the ST attacks with kinetic combat seems inefficient because the alternative powers do not offer comparable recharge bonus set options.

Here's an example of a build that doesn't rely heavily on KC to get to the S/L softcap

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Stone Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Stone Fist -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(43), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5)
Level 2: Heavy Mallet -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Hct-Acc/Rchg(34), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Dam%(42)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(43)
Level 6: Healing Flames -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(9), Pnc-Heal(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50)
Level 8: Fault -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), AbsAmz-Stun(11), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(39), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(39), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(40), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(40)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11)
Level 12: Blazing Aura -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(17)
Level 14: Temperature Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 18: Seismic Smash -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(43)
Level 20: Consume -- SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(21), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(40)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def(27), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29)
Level 28: Burn -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Dam%(37)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 32: Tremor -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(33), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(33), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(33), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 35: Focused Accuracy -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(36), HO:Cyto(36)
Level 38: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-ToHit(39)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Energy Torrent -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Rgn-Dmg(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Rgn-Knock%(46)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon
------------

I tried the same build, same powers picks favoring KC for S/L and this is the result:

Level 50 Magic Brute

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Stone Fist -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(43), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Max HP%(5)
Level 2: Heavy Mallet -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(5), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(42), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(43)
Level 6: Healing Flames -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(9), Pnc-Heal(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50)
Level 8: Fault -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), AbsAmz-Stun(11), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(39), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(39), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(40), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(40)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11)
Level 12: Blazing Aura -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(17)
Level 14: Temperature Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 18: Seismic Smash -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(19), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(19), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), HO:Nucle(43)
Level 20: Consume -- SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(21), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(23), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def(27), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29)
Level 28: Burn -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Dam%(37)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 32: Tremor -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(33), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(33), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42)
Level 35: Focused Accuracy -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(36), HO:Cyto(36)
Level 38: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-ToHit(39)
Level 44: Energy Torrent -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Rgn-Dmg(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Rgn-Knock%(46)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
------------

Following your suggestion about breaking up blistering cold to stack slow resistance I'd probalby first remove the end mod from stamina and 2 slot Seismic with 2 piece blistering cold to get back to 70% slow resist which is the value in the first build. Stone fist and heavy mallet however, still has lower enhancement values compared to the first build. The loss of the hecatomb acc bonus also means that all the other attacks are less accurate, especially fault which is a cornerstone of survival. All things considered, and budget aside, I believe you end up sacrificing slot efficiency going all in on the KC route.

Edited by Nemu

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

Thank you for all the responses so far.  I had a busy week at work, so I haven't had time to respond until now.  

On 12/14/2020 at 5:27 AM, Snarky said:

running solo i assume you are doing story arcs, running at +0/x1?

I've been running +1/x5 with this character.  I'd actually like to run more, but FA feels much squishier than my Rad Armor Tanks.  +1/x5 does get frustrating at times, especially now that I've run into Sappers for the first time...  (I HATE Sappers!)

On 12/14/2020 at 9:05 PM, Nemu said:

Lot's of helpful Info

The builds you posted were extremely helpful, Thank you!  I stole a few ideas from it (like using Rectified Reticle) to tweak what I believe is my final build below.  Influence isn't really an issue as I figured out crafting and the AH awhile back, so I just need to dedicate some time whenever I'm short on money.  Anyway, here's the build:

Uraziel: Level 50 Magic Brute

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Stone Mallet -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(3), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27), StdPrt-ResKB(50)
Level 2: Heavy Mallet -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Hct-Dmg(7), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Hct-Acc/Rchg(11), Hct-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Blazing Aura -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(17)
Level 6: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(45)
Level 8: Fault -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), AbsAmz-Stun(34), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(42), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(43), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(46), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(46)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40), Rct-Def(45), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(43), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 14: Tactics -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(25)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 18: Seismic Smash -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(19), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), TchofDth-Dam%(21), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(23)
Level 20: Consume -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42)
Level 22: Temperature Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(27), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 26: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 28: Burn -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Dmg(29), Arm-Acc/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Arm-Dam%(34)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 35: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 38: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(40), RctRtc-Pcptn(42), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 44: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 47: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5), EndMod-I(48)
------------

edit:  How do I export a build without all the underlining?

edit #967:  Nevermind, I figured it out.

edit #968:  Or did I?'

edit #969:  Yes.

Negatives when compared to the first build you posted is a lack of AOE (Tremor feels too slow), so I'll have to smash faces individually while waiting on Burn to recharge.  That's alright though, as I have other AOE builds, and I really want a single target bruiser with this one.  I also lose 10% global recharge.

On the plus side, I get a little more single target damage, FF procs on my hammers , and more S/L resist (I could raise it another 2.25% if I switch my Health slots with 2 Preventative Medicines.  That's assuming I don't need the endurance once I have the Cardio Alpha.)  If I'm doing anything overtly stupid in this build (like I'm assuming the Gaussian Build Up proc gives me a second build up damage boost when it procs.  It wasn't in your build though, so now I'm doubting myself.), please let me know.  

Edited by Qabal

Below is a tweaked build of the one I just posted.  In exchange for a bit of damage on Heavy Mallet along with it's Force Feedback proc, I gain another 10% global recharge and max S/L resists. 

edit:  I just realized it also costs me 15% Slow resistance which is the whole reason I posted in the first place <facepalm>.

Uraziel: Level 50 Magic Brute

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Stone Mallet -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(3), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27), StdPrt-ResKB(50)
Level 2: Heavy Mallet -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(7), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(9), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), TchofDth-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Blazing Aura -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(17)
Level 6: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(45)
Level 8: Fault -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), AbsAmz-Stun(34), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(42), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(43), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(46), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(46)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40), Rct-Def(45), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(43), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 14: Tactics -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(25)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 18: Seismic Smash -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg(19), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Acc/Rchg(21), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Hct-Dam%(23)
Level 20: Consume -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(34), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(39), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 22: Temperature Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(27), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(33), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 26: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 28: Burn -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Dmg(29), Arm-Acc/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Arm-Dam%(34)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 35: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 38: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(40), RctRtc-Pcptn(42), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 44: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 47: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5)
------------

Thoughts?

Edited by Qabal

Healing flames is a huge part of fire armor survival. I think it should get more slotting love. If I had all the slots in the world I'd put all kinds of procs in such as the guassian's build up proc. However survival comes first.

FIre armor survival is a combination of things, S/L/ def, decent resists, fast charging healing flames, above average offense, active mitigation from KD and Holds, and enough slow resist to make sure that that one single debuff doesn't cripple all the clicks that are important to your survival.

I like energy torrent. It's consistent KD and FF proc trigger and you can alternate between that, fault and tremor to keep mobs knocked down. solo I see you rotating those three and burn to chip away at the fodder and then switch to the heavy hitting ST attacks on the bosses. You can change your jump trajectory mid air, take a hop back and at the height of your jump go forward back into the spawn you hopped away from and immediately fire energy torrent, when you land you can follow up with a burn while mobs are getting back up, then fault to keep them knocked down for burn, etc,

If you can play a melee blaster with only tough as your source of S/L resist you will not find building for 90% S/L resist terribly important. I'd put more faith in active mitigation, movement, and timely healing flames.

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

• 2 weeks later
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 3:13 PM, Nemu said:

Healing flames is a huge part of fire armor survival.

Agree with Nemu :)
@Qabal, Healing flame with 26% bonus recharge is  … not a good choice. You want them bright, you want them warm, and you want them OFTEN !  Take care of your Healing flames if you want them to take care of you.

I run 90% slow/rech res on my /fa scrapper.

You could likely get by with less if you run high defense, but keep in mind some of the things that pack a lot of -rech are going to be hard to defend against for /fa (like ranged psi attacks).

Having your heal not cycling quickly is very frustrating.

I only run 20% slow resist on my fiery aura brute (who is also my main and badger that has run through all content available) and outside of Positron hitting me with Lingering Radiation, I never feel impacted by recharge debuffs. I've found the value of the slots that could be used for slow resists to not be as valuable as slotting for things that are more consistently applicable. Critters just die too fast in this game and any recharge debuffs that bypass your typed or positional defense are mitigated by your kill speed, or you just flat out kill the critters before they can even get the relevant debuffs off on you. Now if you plan on soloing everything at +4/x8 and combat lasts longer then things like slow resist become more valuable, but as I only play on teams things just die too fast for slow debuffs to warrant taking up slots. My fiery aura brute also has 90% S/L/F resists, and 50-53% C/E/N/Psi resists so it's not like I am using Healing Flames on cooldown anyways, and I've always found that fiery aura being a squishy set to be a misnomer. 

Currently on fire.