New end tier idea

S3xyR3xy

So, let me ask you something. How many alts do you have?

Yes, it's relevant. If you're one of the folks who has a very few, and they tend to keep playing just those so they're at VL 70-80-90+, this might sound like a good idea. However, I'd suspect you'd have a *very* hard time finding people consistently to play that content, since this game does a great job of encouraging alts. Maybe you'd end up with teams of farmers, primarily. 🙂

Even ignoring *creating new content,* I'm not sure how the game would handle scaling to vet levels. Dealing with incarnate levels (which at least show on your character as "+ levels") feels hack-y enough as it is. (And I think it'd be safe to say plenty of people are T3/T4'd out... but how often is the Magisterium run, which caters to that? I think I hear it called for maybe once a week.)

That also ignores "how is this handled in regular content?" Are you now (power wise) +50 levels to everything in, say, the ITF? Or are these limited to "VL" content?

My POV - the game generally grows "out," adding more content everyone can reach fairly easily, instead of "up" like many MMOs do - there's an occasional bump up for something, but it's rare. Part of that's due to the (thankful) lack of "Gear" - they don't have to introduce the new Armor of ZOMG Awesome and Sword of Superslashy, with new, higher raids that need them, making the last Armor of Really Neat and Sword of Pointiness obsolete. And part of it's tied to the casual ease of teaming - I don't think I've ever felt like I'd have to grind just to see content, which grinds the fun out of games for me.

• Like 3

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

12 hours ago, S3xyR3xy said:

So just here me out, Power scaling to vet level, with the implementation of new end game content to match new scalings? 

I'm for anything that creates a challenge for groups at lvls 50+ (provided it's not cheap, gimmicky crap, like Apex insta-kill blue-spooge, etc.  I'm talking about tough, challenging foes that require close teamwork and leveraging of AT roles to beat in normal combat).

18 hours ago, S3xyR3xy said:

So just here me out, Power scaling to vet level, with the implementation of new end game content to match new scalings? 

They did something like that in Diablo 3.  It created a space where anyone who wasn't up to the level of the top farmers would get stomped into the dirt the second they got aggro.

12 hours ago, Black Zot said:

They did something like that in Diablo 3.  It created a space where anyone who wasn't up to the level of the top farmers would get stomped into the dirt the second they got aggro.

Well, I wouldn't want to force that on anyone.  How about new 50+ missions that scale properly to Incarnate level toons, for those people that would like to be challenged in group play?  Or an extra tier of difficulty in the notoriety settings, that can be turned on as desired (or not, as one prefers)?

Well, I wasn't trying to be too specific, really just wanted to get the idea out there. I'm not saying crank it up crazy. Just something to spice up the game for end tier players who are already max enhancements possible. I'm for sure not a pro, I honestly haven't event gotten one too maxed my self to be honest. But its a good way to get some ideas going maybe the GMs will see something they like and tweak it to their specs? Idk 

17 minutes ago, S3xyR3xy said:

Well, I wasn't trying to be too specific, really just wanted to get the idea out there. I'm not saying crank it up crazy. Just something to spice up the game for end tier players who are already max enhancements possible. I'm for sure not a pro, I honestly haven't event gotten one too maxed my self to be honest. But its a good way to get some ideas going maybe the GMs will see something they like and tweak it to their specs? Idk 

As long as it's an optional mode you can select from the difficulty options. Leave the base game as is please.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Id argue COH has just as much Gear as any other MMO, as IOs  

In fact you have more gear locations in COH than almost any MMO I can think of, even something crazy like Anarchy Online 

It just doesn't spawn off specific Mobs 

I wouldn't call CoHs enhancement system anything like gear in MMOs, especially not like more modern ones like DCUO. Gear is the harbinger of endless grindfest by its very nature, whereas IOs can last with decent (or even permanent) efficiency throughout the leveling process. IOs are pretty one and done.

I'd split the difference between @Monos King and @Haijinx -- Enhancements are absolutely this game's equivalent to gear, but they are not the progression gate we see used in many MMOs.  Or at least, they aren't in Homecoming.  I think this is more of what Greycat was mentioning, where the promise of power is locked behind high-level content.  This is more accurate to Incarnates, actually.  Though again, not-so-much here on Homecoming (Thank the server gods).

• Like 1