Fortitude Enhancement Bonuses

Drgnfligrl

19 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

@Bopper would likely know with more certainty.  I'm currently unable to get in game to test it, but I suspect you'd be the recipient when it procs.

I dont know off hand, but my guess is it's set up similar to how Performance Shifter is, where it checks to see if the target is friendly to grant the buff. If I get on a computer soon, I can double check how the enhancement is set up

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

8 minutes ago, Drgnfligrl said:

I do too, but the target will still receive the to hit buff is my guess

Yes, your target will still get the to hit buff from Fortitude itself regardless of how the proc works.  For that matter I'd personally would not be likely to 5 slot LotG in there stopping at either 3 or perhaps 4 slots (hit DR with defense).  Then either slot something else or use the slots elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

I just checked, it procs on the caster.

Combat log:

You activated the Fortitude power.
You greatly increase the To Hit, Damage and Defense of *redacted*.
HIT *redacted*! Your Fortitude power is autohit.
Your attack strength has increased temporarily.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

22 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Well the next question for me would be how reliable can it be made to proc given that I usually have large amounts of global recharge in my Empaths and could skip as much recharge enhancement in Fortitude as needed to max my proc rate.

Proc rate is only looking at the recharge time of the power along with any enhancements tied to that power reducing recharge (Alpha included).  Global recharge bonuses like Hasten, LotG, or other set bonuses are not considered in the PPM formula.

Gaussian's Chance for BU had a 1 proc per minute rate.  For maximum chance, essentially try to keep Fortitude's recharge time (in the Detailed info window) around a minute.  Also keep in mind, the proc effect only lasts about 5 seconds...

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Proc rate is only looking at the recharge time of the power along with any enhancements tied to that power reducing recharge (Alpha included).  Global recharge bonuses like Hasten, LotG, or other set bonuses are not considered in the PPM formula.

Gaussian's Chance for BU had a 1 proc per minute rate.  For maximum chance, essentially try to keep Fortitude's recharge time (in the Detailed info window) around a minute.  Also keep in mind, the proc effect only lasts about 5 seconds...

Need to go decipher the proc math, but 60 seconds is the base recharge on Fort.  My Emps are generally looking at global recharges of 175+ and using Spiritual.  Fort is on probably a 20 to 30 second cooldown without any outside buffs (like another Emps AB).  Going to be fun for dropping a nuke or t3 blast.

Edit: noticing you said the Alpha effects the proc.  Means have to look into other Alphas perhaps.  Hmmm.

Edited by Doomguide2005

• 3 weeks later
6 hours ago, Anodina said:

My fortitude (defender version) is slotted with 3 52+ membranes (and a +7,5 LoTG Global Rech).

Spiritual Radial T4 + Clarion Radial + Powerboost + Fortitude

boosts...

65% Hit

30% dmg 

50% def 

Hope that helps!

Indeed I often use similar slotting, especially when trying to get the most buff for least slots Membranes rock. 

The downside is lack of set bonuses and when also running Tactics (which my Emps universally run) starts to buff the To Hit even without PB into 'overkill' territory for most teams.

Other slottings I've commonly used:

-> 6 Red Fortune (solo build for ranged defense)

-> 5 Red Fortune for 5% recharge for builds with lots of Panacea (vs Doctored Wounds).  Often add LotG defense/increased recharge speed in the 6th slot.

-> 4 Luck of the Gambler including the global 7.5%.  Looking at the 9% accuracy at 4 slots.  Sometimes adding 2 from Gaussian's (though never used the BU proc)

Edit: and props to @SlaveDawg2for their slotting 2 Membranes and the LotG def/inc rech spd.  Without Mids or ability to get in game I'm thinking this is probably the best slotting yet.  Gets well into DR for defense enhancement while saving a slot over 3 Membranes plus LotG I'd guess while still adding plenty of To Hit buff as well.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthought
  • Like 1