Number of Enhancements in tray

Glacier Peak

34 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

no, there was 1 "tab" at one point though.

Ah, I wish I could remember where I saw 10 tabs in the enhancement tray. I remember doing a respec some time ago where I ran out of room in my tray and had to perform a second respec to get the last couple of enhancements placed (after dumping the previous in the base storage).

Does anyone know of a stated reason for it being set at 7 tabs? Or any reason for it not to be expanded? I'll have to do some forum/discord search if not 😅

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On live you couldn't have more than 10 enhancements in your tray at a time, full stop, which required several respecs to strip a character. I don't know exactly why the current limit of 70 exists other than it's almost enough to completely strip a character.

• Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

With the release of the Paragon Market, you could buy enhancement storage increases for, what I think was around $20 each. Each purchase would increase your storage by 1 tray, and 4 purchases were available, 2 on release and 2 more added later. As for the change to 70, I don't know exactly. It could be that there was another 3 slots already in the code, and the devs from the private server just added those as well.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, macskull said:

On live you couldn't have more than 10 enhancements in your tray at a time, full stop, which required several respecs to strip a character. I don't know exactly why the current limit of 70 exists other than it's almost enough to completely strip a character.

Wow I completely forgot about that. HC has made a lot of great QoL features. Makes the game more fun to play too. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

11 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I remember doing a respec some time ago where I ran out of room in my tray and had to perform a second respec to get the last couple of enhancements placed

AH -> Search unsloters -> Buy 20, covers all your basic needs.  Pick 20 out, toss in storage and respec the rest out.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

10 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

AH -> Search unsloters -> Buy 20, covers all your basic needs.  Pick 20 out, toss in storage and respec the rest out.

I doubt unslotters were intended to be used to remove 20 enhancements at a time, like at the end of a respec. More like, oops I just put the wrong enhancement in a slot, it's valuable and I don't want to trash can it, now here's a salvage that can pop it out. 

I'm still curious why it isn't 8, 9, or 10 tabs of enhancements in the tray. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I doubt unslotters were intended to be used to remove 20 enhancements at a time, like at the end of a respec. More like, oops I just put the wrong enhancement in a slot, it's valuable and I don't want to trash can it, now here's a salvage that can pop it out. 

They were meant to pull enhancements out period, an oddball single lower slot or a full IO set. It saves time so you don't have to respec twice.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

17 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

They were meant to pull enhancements out period, an oddball single lower slot or a full IO set. It saves time so you don't have to respec twice.

I use this when I am leveling to pull out sets for purple replacements at 50.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

26 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

And if possible, adding another couple of tabs of enhancements in the tray would also nullify the need to use so many in one instance. Either way really.

Pocket D Zone Tour

19 hours ago, macskull said:

And not necessary since unslotters are cheap.

5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

It doesn't really matter what they were intended to do if the intention wasn't "to unslot enhancements for any reason."

10 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

I use unslotters for a couple of other reasons:

• Testing how builds play (breaking/removing set bonuses)... again avoiding a complete respec, usually just testing how well a build will play without a certain piece
  • Attuning an enhancement (typically a non lvl-50 PVP) for another character (when I really don't want to bother with the market, but I have the raw materials). Not the most cost-effective, but also not really necessary now that the SG base has the commonly used old recycled/attuned PVP enhancements.
  • Like 1