So I am looking to make a solo AV killer.....

Sakai

Fire/Rad can do it, but Fire/Dark is pretty similar and far better vs AVs. So it's not the wrong tree, but also not necessarily the right tree.

Other top options are:
Illusion/Traps (IMO, the top AV soloer)

Illusion/Cold (see the thread by @Frosticus in this forum)

Earth/Thermal (cheapest option)

Earth/Traps (kind of hard to find a concept for the character, though)

Haven't tried it, but I suspect Ill/Poison could do it as well.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

Fire/Rad can do it, but Fire/Dark is pretty similar and far better vs AVs. So it's not the wrong tree, but also not necessarily the right tree.

Other top options are:
Illusion/Traps (IMO, the top AV soloer)

Earth/Thermal (cheapest option)

Earth/Traps (kind of hard to find a concept for the character, though)

Been a big fan of thermal for this, a little bit more active at times, but the two debuffs are nice.. My /Thermal controller was able to knock a few even paired AVs. Of course it all counts on the AV etc.

Edited by Dr_Snokle

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Soul | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

Traps, Rad, Cold, Thermal, Dark, Poison, TA, Storm 

They can all do it with varying degrees of ease.

Add lore/temps and the options expand considerably.

All the primaries are viable (though mind would be a challenge), with illusion having the strongest suite of tools available for it.

There were fire/rads taking down AVs back before IOs so it can certainly do it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coyote said:

Other top options are:

Oh, good to know! I recently ran one up for just this reason. But, then I saw

3 hours ago, Coyote said:

and I was concerned I had chosen poorly. Now, I just need to get a good AV-killin' build and get to work.

And, as it turns out, Ill/Traps is great in team play, as well. Fire-and-forget Shields and healing buffs, plenty of DPS to contribute, and massive debuffs when needed. -1000% Regen yes please.

• Like 1

Up to 17 now.  Enjoying the flow the flow so far.  Toss a Smoke, look around a bit to see who is who, hit my debuffs, fire off the cages and step back to see who is still mobile.  Been solo mostly so far but did team for Frostfire which was a radically different playstyle 🙂

Having a serious end problem is just natural at this point  and one of those things I will have to overcome right?

Fall Out-->Vengeance-->Mutation for sure.  Maybe I can convince people to take the self destruct power so I have a target.  Won't be able to take Recall Friend but that's ok.

Choking Cloud--->Hot Feet.  Things will just dissolve around me

Cinders for those moments when it all goes to crap and Bonfire slotted to make the KB go away.

Fire monkeys with the dual role of playing clean up and instigating unwanted aggro.  Great fun.  

Best guess is Fire Ball way down the line unless I can think of a better way to use the epic.

Are Procs still the way to go in Hot Feet and Fire Cages?

Any hints, tricks or suggestions are more then welcome.

Edited by Sakai

Neither Fire Cages nor Hot Feet are very good with procs. You will have an End problem, but it can be overcome later as you get more Recharge so you can run perma-AM... well slotted with End Mod and Recharge, that can help a lot. Fire Cages is necessary to set up Containment, but over-spamming it can erase Endurance fast. I like an ATO IO for an Orb, and an Acc/Control/End Red ATO, and then maybe a 3slot for Acc/End. No need for more, or slotting for damage. Maybe if you had Fire/Dark, with the drain power to fuel Recovery, but Fire/Rad runs some expensive toggles and Accelerate Metabolism can barely make up for them, and then struggles to help with Hot Feet. It can't also make up for Fire Cage spam.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Coyote said:

Neither Fire Cages nor Hot Feet are very good with procs. You will have an End problem, but it can be overcome later as you get more Recharge so you can run perma-AM... well slotted with End Mod and Recharge, that can help a lot. Fire Cages is necessary to set up Containment, but over-spamming it can erase Endurance fast. I like an ATO IO for an Orb, and an Acc/Control/End Red ATO, and then maybe a 3slot for Acc/End. No need for more, or slotting for damage. Maybe if you had Fire/Dark, with the drain power to fuel Recovery, but Fire/Rad runs some expensive toggles and Accelerate Metabolism can barely make up for them, and then struggles to help with Hot Feet. It can't also make up for Fire Cage spam.

I slot Hot Feet with Scirocco's Dervish Acc/Dmg, Dmg/End, Acc/Dmg/End and Dmg/Rch. Normally I don't slot recharge in toggles, but Hot Feet has a 20 second cooldown and it drops a lot. In addition to the KB>KD, I like procs in Bonfire. 

I slot Unbreakable Guard (2.5% endurance discount w/ 2 slots) and Preventative Medicine (3.75% endurance discount with 5 slots) where I can. I find the endurance discount bonuses are much better than the +recovery or +endurance bonuses.

• Like 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Slotting Questions.

Is Dark Watcher's Despair Chance for Recharge slow and Achilles Chance for -Res useful In Rad Infection?  Does it spread to those around anchor?

Pacing of the Turtle Chance for Recharge Slow in Lingering Rad?  Same anchor question as above.

Lockdown +2 Mag in Chocking Cloud?

Why do I see no builds that have Smoke?  Love the power...not only does it gives me stealth but useful for the whole team.

2 hours ago, Sakai said:

Is Dark Watcher's Despair Chance for Recharge slow and Achilles Chance for -Res useful In Rad Infection?  Does it spread to those around anchor?

Pacing of the Turtle Chance for Recharge Slow in Lingering Rad?  Same anchor question as above.

Lockdown +2 Mag in Chocking Cloud?

Why do I see no builds that have Smoke?  Love the power...not only does it gives me stealth but useful for the whole team.

Proc IOs have a low chance to activate in Radiation Infection, so they're not usually used. But they do have a chance to activate on every mob affected by the power, so while the effect rarely occurs, it will happen more often if you bunch up mobs.

Lingering Radiation, because it's not a toggle, actualy does have a good chance to activate procs.

Lockdown in CC, like other IOs in toggles, isn't great, but the effect is great... a nice Hold on minions, or the chance to boost the Hold up to Boss level, so it's not a bad choice.

Most builds will plan on running at least one of the IOs that grants Stealth, so if you also run Superspeed or Concealment, you get full Invisibility and in most cases don't need Smoke. That said, it is useful for preventing adds, for clicking on glowies without having to clear nearby spawns, etc, so it's not a bad power. And for Fire/Rad, it does stack nicely with Radiation Infection. With Dark Watcher's x4 in both powers, you end up with -45% or so ToHit debuff, as well as 2 5% Recharge bonuses.

• Thanks 1

I have my imps now and that has.msde a significant improvement. 

2 end mod and 3 recharge in AM...recharge is 3 minutes and a bit(plus whatever hasten does) which is good enough for right now. 

Stamina is slotted with 2 end mod and the performance shifter while Health has a Miracle.  Considering the Pancea but not sure yet. 

Running Choking and Hot Feet all the time and now that I don't use Fire Cages the end issue is manageable now. 

Don't have any sets yet but off to a solid start. 

I think there are three ways to slot Imps, depending on your build
1) 6x Expedient Reinforcement, gives you Recharge, and is the slotting for a Ranged Defense build

2) 4x ExpR, for Recharge. Gives decent set bonuses on the cheap for when you're not looking to max out their effect and aren't going for Defense.

3) 4x ExpR, Soulbound proc, Overwhelming Force Knockdown. Recharge bonus, extra damage from the Build-Up, and occasional knockdowns on their targets to help them survive.

There are some other options, but I'm not crazy about them:

going with Hami-Os... if money is of no interest and you want to squeeze out some extra damage, okay, but I don't think Imps are worth the investment. It does allow you to max them out in 3 slots, but that's all.

4x ExpR, and 2 more Defense or Resist IOs. I don't like this, I think Imps are better treated as expendable. The majority of the time that they die, extra D or R wouldn't have helped, because they chased a runner into a new spawn and took the alpha that would have killed 3 of them instead of just the one suicidal flame monkey.

1 Hami-O, Soulbound Damage. Especially if you have other sources of +Accuracy for them, or -Def on the mobs. It's not bad slotting, gets good results out of minimal slotting, and is useful for high-difficulty builds where often the Imps get squished fast so it's not worth it to invest too much in pets who don't live long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have made it to lvl 50 and very excited to develop the build I need.

Did discover moments ago that I am NOT ready for a giant monster.  Figured it might have be a fluke the first time he stomped me to the hospital so tried again....several times.  Look forward to being able to defeat that big walking pile of rocks.

Seem to be doing ok with AVs though.  Little bit slow but ok with that.  

Hmmm...now I'm getting crushed by random AVs as well.

lol   Well I shall figure this out.

Edited by Sakai
Reason for edit was to edit words and such.

Interesting thing is that /Rad is better at soloing AVs/GMs at lower level.

At level 50, they suffer about 15% of the normal debuff from a power... at 35, they suffer 30%. That means that Lingering Radiation can completely shut down Regen at level 35, while it only does -75% Regen at level 50... against an AV you can probably still beat its regen, but against a GM's higher Regen you really want the -150% Regen debuff.

Same with Radiation Infection... against a 50 it's like a 6% ToHit debuff, against a 35 it's about -12%, which on a high-D build can make a big difference.

Enervating Field is not affected, though, as AVs have no special resistance to -Resist or -Damage so they're equally affected at all levels.

• Thanks 1

This is the build I have come up with. 

Really wasn't sure what else to do with AM...none of the set bonusses seemed at all attractive and I figured a 20 second delay to use again really wasn't bad.  Considered throwing another End Mod in there but decided it would be nice to have the slow resist in Combat Jumping instead.  Plus I have gotten pretty good at eating a blue when needed.

The Imps was another place I wasn't quite sure what to do.  So I did that.  

Fire ball is in the wrong place...I want it before where EM is so I can use it when exempted to lvl 35.  

Not entirely sold on the idea of Teleport Friend--->Fallout--->Mutation thing.  Seems neat but also seems so slow lol...just not sure especially with Vengence being cast by the wayside.

Also why does Stamina/Health not sure up here?  What export should I be using?

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Polka-Dot Plushy: Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Fire Control
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Emission
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ring of Fire

• (A) Trap of the Hunter - Chance of Damage(Lethal): Level 50
  • (3) Trap of the Hunter - Immobilize/Accuracy: Level 50
  • (3) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Immobilize/Recharge: Level 50
  • (5) Trap of the Hunter - Endurance/Immobilize: Level 50
  • (5) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic): Level 50
  • (7) Gladiator's Javelin - Damage/Recharge: Level 50

Level 1: Radiant Aura

• (A) Miracle - Heal: Level 40
  • (7) Miracle - Heal/Recharge: Level 40
  • (9) Miracle - Heal/Endurance/Recharge: Level 40

Level 2: Char

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold: Level 30
  • (9) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold: Level 30
  • (11) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 30
  • (11) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 30
  • (13) Gladiator's Javelin - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (13) Gladiator's Javelin - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50

Level 4: Fire Cages

• (A) Gravitational Anchor - Immobilize: Level 50
  • (17) Gravitational Anchor - Immobilize/Recharge: Level 50
  • (19) Gravitational Anchor - Accuracy/Immobilize/Recharge: Level 50
  • (19) Gravitational Anchor - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
  • (21) Gravitational Anchor - Immobilize/Endurance: Level 50
  • (21) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage(Lethal): Level 50

Level 6: Smoke

• (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff: Level 50
  • (36) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge: Level 50
  • (40) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
  • (48) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance: Level 50

Level 8: Combat Jumping

• (A) Kismet - Accuracy +6%: Level 30
  • (23) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50
  • (23) Karma - Knockback Protection: Level 30
  • (29) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%): Level 50

Level 10: Accelerate Metabolism

• (A) Endurance Modification IO: Level 50
  • (25) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50
  • (25) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50
  • (27) Endurance Modification IO: Level 50
  • (27) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 12: Radiation Infection

• (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff: Level 50
  • (29) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
  • (31) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance: Level 50
  • (31) Dark Watcher's Despair - Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
  • (31) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20

Level 14: Enervating Field

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 16: Mutation

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 18: Cinders

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 30
  • (33) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold: Level 30
  • (33) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 30
  • (33) Lockdown - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
  • (34) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold: Level 30
  • (43) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold: Level 50

Level 20: Hasten

• (34) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 22: Lingering Radiation

• (A) Tempered Readiness - Accuracy/Slow: Level 50
  • (36) Tempered Readiness - Endurance/Recharge/Slow: Level 50

Level 24: Flashfire

• (A) Bombardment - Damage: Level 50
  • (36) Bombardment - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (37) Bombardment - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (37) Bombardment - Accuracy/Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
  • (37) Bombardment - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge/Endurance: Level 50

Level 26: Hot Feet

• (A) Armageddon - Damage: Level 50
  • (39) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (39) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (39) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
  • (40) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance: Level 50

Level 28: Choking Cloud

• (A) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold: Level 50
  • (40) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold/Recharge: Level 50
  • (42) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Hold/Recharge: Level 50
  • (42) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
  • (42) Unbreakable Constraint - Endurance/Hold: Level 50
  • (34) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 30: Bonfire

• (A) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown: Level 50
  • (43) Bombardment - Damage: Level 50
  • (43) Bombardment - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (45) Bombardment - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (45) Bombardment - Accuracy/Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
  • (45) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 50

Level 32: Fire Imps

• (A) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up: Level 50
  • (46) Blood Mandate - Accuracy: Level 50
  • (46) Blood Mandate - Damage: Level 50
  • (46) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure
  • (48) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 35: Teleport Target

Level 38: EM Pulse

• (A) Accuracy IO: Level 50

Level 41: Fire Ball

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage: Level 50
  • (48) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (50) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (50) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
  • (50) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance: Level 50

Level 44: Fallout

Level 47: Grant Invisibility

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

Level 49: Invisibility

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Containment 

Level 1: Sprint

Thoughts?

https://www.midsreborn.com/builds/download.php?uc=1377&c=666&a=1332&f=HEX&dc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

Edited by Sakai

12 hours ago, Sakai said:

This is the build I have come up with. 

Really wasn't sure what else to do with AM...none of the set bonusses seemed at all attractive and I figured a 20 second delay to use again really wasn't bad.  Considered throwing another End Mod in there but decided it would be nice to have the slow resist in Combat Jumping instead.  Plus I have gotten pretty good at eating a blue when needed.

The Imps was another place I wasn't quite sure what to do.  So I did that.  

Fire ball is in the wrong place...I want it before where EM is so I can use it when exempted to lvl 35.  

Not entirely sold on the idea of Teleport Friend--->Fallout--->Mutation thing.  Seems neat but also seems so slow lol...just not sure especially with Vengence being cast by the wayside.

Also why does Stamina/Health not sure up here?  What export should I be using?

This is way too squishy. You've got virtually no defense and only resistance to F/C. 

• Ring of Fire should be slotted for damage, not immobilize (keep the procs).
  • Recommend Superior Will of the Controller over Gravitational Anchor in Fire Cages.
  • Not sure I would devote 4 slots to Smoke. The base debuff is only 5%, so enhancing it doesn't get you much. 
  • Lose 1 recharge IO in AM. Two 50+5 IOs will max you out. The third is only giving you 4 seconds. You could probably squeeze down to 3 slots by frankenslotting with 3x endmod/rchg.
  • Flashfire should be slotted for stun, not damage. The damage is miniscule.
  • Recommend 6x Expedient Reinforcement in Imps for the set bonuses.
  • Highly recommend you pick up Fire Shield and devote a few slots to it. You don't want to skip the epic armor.
  • Thanks 1

Lol. Nope...that didn't work. 

Everything everyone has been saying has been just awesome thank you. 

I'll try this from a different approach. I recall on Live having 6-8ish toggles running at once (pretty sure I had acrobats)and it was geared towards defence.  I think I was trying to avoid that.  Seems to be a common trend on my characters. 

But yeah 😞 Infernal repeatedly put me into the ground. Honestly don't know if I was doing any damage.  Picked up some Power Analysis temp to see if that could tell me anything useful. 

Made some enhancement  tweaks, failed a few more times and thought maybe a monster would be easier. That didn't go so well either. Had managed to find one on its own, having convinced myself that in the past I had aggroed a second. That seems not to of been the case. 

In a bid to cheer myself up I headed over to monkey isle for some exploration badges and an easy defeat. Actually turned into quite the fight sadly. Swarms of them.

Have been varying tactics to see what works best. Currently the roll seems to be Smoke, Bonfire, Fire Cages, run in, Cinders, and start picking up single targets. 

The debuffs I'm alternating before and after Fire Cages.  Makes more sense to me to have them before but I'm not convinced of it yet. 

Spent some time in Atlas testing the radius of various powers. Not sure why I have never done that before but now I know roughly what 15-60 feet look like in game. Highly recommend it. I apologize if that made it difficult for any low level characters trying to hunt Hellions but I was watching and didn't see anyone. 

Very much enjoying myself. Nothing like watching a trio of flaming monkeys tearing through a group I have more or less made ineffective. 

Try try again. 

Edited by Sakai

Weirdness with the recovery numbers.

Not sure what's up there.

Spoiler

Fire-Rad Tanktroller: Level 50 Magic Controller
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- GldNet-Acc/Hold(A), GldNet-Acc/Rchg(3), GldNet-Rchg/Hold(3), GldNet-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), GldNet-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Radiant Aura -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- Ann-Acc/Dmg(A), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(9), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Ann-ResDeb%(13)
Level 4: Accelerate Metabolism -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(19), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(19), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(21)
Level 6: Radiation Infection -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(25)
Level 10: Enervating Field -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Flashfire -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(27), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Rgn-Knock%(29)
Level 14: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 16: Mutation -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(A)
Level 18: Cinders -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(33)
Level 20: Lingering Radiation -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 26: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(37), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(39), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(39)
Level 28: Choking Cloud -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(39), SprEnt-End/Rchg(40), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(40), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(40), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(42)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(43), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(43), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(45)
Level 35: Fallout -- Ann-ResDeb%(A)
Level 38: EM Pulse -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(45), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(46), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(48)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(17)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Longbow Core Superior Ally
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Control Core Embodiment
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1456;670;1340;HEX;|
		|78DA6593C94F136118C6BF69A756A085AED0156891020285BA1E55164D0CD50AC89|
		|54CDA012662DBB435D1A3078CEB4563F4E07A714D4CBC7B1097FFC27D3DB8808A71|
		|B9D4B7F33E759A3069FBFBDEE77BDEAFCF7CDF4CF2F088EDDEAEA3DB84E4189E578|
		|AC5E9E15CB654C8CDCFAB054B5299D5D2822ECF4EADA0F68F2B99F649257B00D356|
		|9A6833DCD5C678C55B2DA235F343876666E2B486A694B45C767AF4A0562CD240D85|
		|339BD6B76AEA465676D7A35A62A792A9AAA45462D14E7B47CBD5E4FE45535131ACD|
		|6BE978CDF24925ADD24FB1A4168EF8285A8CBE0B92C05596C576B31009599876804|
		|34C79181C61EE317ACC2229E9DA9A09B0953D6B3F318F912CE9FEB2457A83B9B7CC|
		|FA77E07BA6ED03F89199A23E33F79ACD674CBAE63A077E96757AFE30F792CFC25E6|
		|159248F5B16C7A9B6E2BFAD97E0BFCC6CBE025E65FAAE81D799FBA8AF0EEBD54584|
		|AE9DA0BA8135B96123E7086C023733435BC0AD4C133D0376AC635F606D9CEA26DE3|
		|FD184FB39499A13599D37F8FE5B6F82B7C0DBCCF63BE05D6665EBDD58CF1DE0AC66|
		|FA5F2FD6F3AEC0FF9319F905FE065BC8189645C7069C33F5B670AFA9C5CBE7DAE10|
		|11DCC53043FD6F73FE3BE75CFC117E04B66EC15F89A39497D41F4061FF27EC71699|
		|5D8FC0C7E01366CF539C17650B235B18D97A90AD07D94E13DA783F2C6D4BBCBFEB9|
		|7C16FE07766DF0F7085B99F7AA338AF289EC329AA3B91B7D3C739FAFCCCFE001804|
		|43CC8130F3BC53886EE4ED46DE01E41D405E27DD532F3CBDF024E049C0E3224F1CB|
		|9E2781EA3A40DB2260DF6B296002B31F08ED287AECA015795F2D8AAD91429121449|
		|57BED4FF7F73A12C198A498AF0DE344E71BEC6DDC42E597C5DD5B55CDB758177D97|
		|116C4D3FFB799C09EB2DF638C1FB88DB1CB6B8CF5EB62CDE4FDA831FE07C0E5F18B|

Fire-Rad-RecoveryWeirdness.jpg.014a066d575fb884f0b9e22e73608b17.jpg

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

1 hour ago, Hyperstrike said:

Weirdness with the recovery numbers.

Not sure what's up there.

Reveal hidden contents

Fire-Rad Tanktroller: Level 50 Magic Controller
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- GldNet-Acc/Hold(A), GldNet-Acc/Rchg(3), GldNet-Rchg/Hold(3), GldNet-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), GldNet-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Radiant Aura -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- Ann-Acc/Dmg(A), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(9), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Ann-ResDeb%(13)
Level 4: Accelerate Metabolism -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(19), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(19), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(21)
Level 6: Radiation Infection -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(25)
Level 10: Enervating Field -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Flashfire -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(27), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Rgn-Knock%(29)
Level 14: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 16: Mutation -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(A)
Level 18: Cinders -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(33)
Level 20: Lingering Radiation -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 26: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(37), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(39), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(39)
Level 28: Choking Cloud -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(39), SprEnt-End/Rchg(40), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(40), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(40), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(42)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(43), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(43), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(45)
Level 35: Fallout -- Ann-ResDeb%(A)
Level 38: EM Pulse -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(45), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(46), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(48)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(17)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Longbow Core Superior Ally
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Control Core Embodiment
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1456;670;1340;HEX;|
		|78DA6593C94F136118C6BF69A756A085AED0156891020285BA1E55164D0CD50AC89|
		|54CDA012662DBB435D1A3078CEB4563F4E07A714D4CBC7B1097FFC27D3DB8808A71|
		|B9D4B7F33E759A3069FBFBDEE77BDEAFCF7CDF4CF2F088EDDEAEA3DB84E4189E578|
		|AC5E9E15CB654C8CDCFAB054B5299D5D2822ECF4EADA0F68F2B99F649257B00D356|
		|9A6833DCD5C678C55B2DA235F343876666E2B486A694B45C767AF4A0562CD240D85|
		|339BD6B76AEA465676D7A35A62A792A9AAA45462D14E7B47CBD5E4FE45535131ACD|
		|6BE978CDF24925ADD24FB1A4168EF8285A8CBE0B92C05596C576B31009599876804|
		|34C79181C61EE317ACC2229E9DA9A09B0953D6B3F318F912CE9FEB2457A83B9B7CC|
		|FA77E07BA6ED03F89199A23E33F79ACD674CBAE63A077E96757AFE30F792CFC25E6|
		|159248F5B16C7A9B6E2BFAD97E0BFCC6CBE025E65FAAE81D799FBA8AF0EEBD54584|
		|AE9DA0BA8135B96123E7086C023733435BC0AD4C133D0376AC635F606D9CEA26DE3|
		|FD184FB39499A13599D37F8FE5B6F82B7C0DBCCF63BE05D6665EBDD58CF1DE0AC66|
		|FA5F2FD6F3AEC0FF9319F905FE065BC8189645C7069C33F5B670AFA9C5CBE7DAE10|
		|11DCC53043FD6F73FE3BE75CFC117E04B66EC15F89A39497D41F4061FF27EC71699|
		|5D8FC0C7E01366CF539C17650B235B18D97A90AD07D94E13DA783F2C6D4BBCBFEB9|
		|7C16FE07766DF0F7085B99F7AA338AF289EC329AA3B91B7D3C739FAFCCCFE001804|
		|43CC8130F3BC53886EE4ED46DE01E41D405E27DD532F3CBDF024E049C0E3224F1CB|
		|9E2781EA3A40DB2260DF6B296002B31F08ED287AECA015795F2D8AAD91429121449|
		|57BED4FF7F73A12C198A498AF0DE344E71BEC6DDC42E597C5DD5B55CDB758177D97|
		|116C4D3FFB799C09EB2DF638C1FB88DB1CB6B8CF5EB62CDE4FDA831FE07C0E5F18B|

Fire-Rad-RecoveryWeirdness.jpg.014a066d575fb884f0b9e22e73608b17.jpg

Yeah I was trying to figure out why it was so bad.