Ice Cold 1st attempt

Snarky

This is a continuing project to find a great "ranged" character.  Miserably hard to do.  Blasters are not ranged, they excel at Blapping.  You have to build sideways to get them Ranged.

Two powers stood out to me here.  Sleet and Heat Loss.  The rest of Cold domination...left me cold?

I probably screwed up the slotting trying to get my build goals.  Priority was 1) Softcap Ranged Defense.  2) High Recharge, trying for Perma Hasten (missed it by that much) 3) High Accuracy.  We run a lot of +content at 50 and missing just sucks.  4) Not gimping my damage dealing powers while achieving above goals.

I wish the build was tighter.  i know I have missed something.  I wish I could have at least enhanced Sleet with a defense debuff set, but I needed/wanted Pacing of the Turrtles bonuses

Please look at this and let me know how I can improve it.  Thanks.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Snarkzebub: Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Ice Blast
Secondary Power Set: Cold Domination
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Blast -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(7)
Level 1: Infrigidate -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(7), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(9), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(9), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(11), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(39)
Level 2: Frost Breath -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(11), Artl-Dam/Rech(13), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(13), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(15), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(15)
Level 4: Snow Storm -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(17), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(17), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(19), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(19), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(33)
Level 6: Aim -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(21), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(21), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(23), AdjTrg-Rchg(23), GssSynFr--Build%(25)
Level 8: Freeze Ray -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 10: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(39)
Level 12: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(31), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Rgn-Knock%(33)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 18: Bitter Ice Blast -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(36)
Level 20: Arctic Fog -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(36), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(40), Ksm-ToHit+(40), LucoftheG-Def(40)
Level 22: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Bitter Freeze Ray -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(37), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Apc-Dam%(39)
Level 28: Benumb -- Acc-I(A)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 32: Blizzard -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(43)
Level 35: Sleet -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(45), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(45), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(45), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(46), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(46)
Level 38: Heat Loss -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(46), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(48), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(48), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(48), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(50)
Level 41: Power Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 44: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Tactics -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 49: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1343;628;1256;HEX;|
|78DA6593DB6E12511486F7C04C29874A81023D51282D6D11180EAD7A69D2564D939|
|210FB0084C2944E44860C100F773E484F7A6562696B3CC7C4C38DBE83BE82DA1730|
|B8CAFAAD8D4C18BE997FCDBFD65E7BD6E4EFAFBA3AB71E5D17927BA5566A368B2B8|
|669B61B2DC354F2A5AA5EB60A211C1BF59279E7A1B6D9DEB4D1EDF8F923C5DBA57A|
|55ABA86B65ADB84CEED6D4BFD0727B6B4B5D316A95E2AA7157AF975ABA5117CE826|
|1D4D49B35BDBADD72F4AE371A9A5671F52ED7B55243AF57DD7F6F2A9AD9DCD61BDE|
|1B0DBDAC168C7B9A59CC530DCD7C304AAB08D399B1D09F44A7E82A625616222B0B4|
|B0C9C63CAF3E0027320CE7C275DF01E4A1CEB30078FC063A6E38439F79C99B5C04A|
|5EC9AAF03332D3A58003CC4B367090F99E8C56D4B5A2EE30EA0EA3AE1775BDA81B4|
|1DD1CD5555057D9B5F4B4913D709F1938009F30479F32170936786D3B8263BBCCF1|
|3D709F3979003E663AC96867AF64FFCEF9E6BE3197084EEE4776E6589B5A0497C0A|
|BCCC8356694F20D21DF50826B44403BC5DC9C4FB8FDDCF715B279B0679E67D69E36|
|7D0876C023E6CC3178C2FC403E1FD6E743BE991CC542B2980F4ACCDF8239C271111|
|0C2CFEB137E7802B4AE20D6158476D6D618728F25B9B7D914A88219EC5796F9919E|
|9F40EE8971EED943B9439C470A21771C6B39DBB2307A0FBFE0D98DBF045F312FBF0|
|6DF806F999FC81785378A594B62D69298B524662D85594B61D63E1362BD29EF2A31|
|7853F0A6E14DC39B86370BEF57DADE05BCDF05BCD72CE8A55E13E83F31CD9A8F341|
|59ABA430DFB64F18572649023F35F8E4959E0E8D28F0EB1269F7FCDDDF5BE68413E|
|FF5E85D4537E3848912E2ABFFA949F7DCA699FF2072051D0E4|

Rad Emission has Acelerate Metabolism. Seems like a superior version of Hasten. Actually it seems like a Budget Heat Loss combined with Hasten and available at level 4.

I'm playing a Water Blast / Radiation Emission Corruptor with Sorcery and Fighting. Mostly solo, and it's been fun so far. Sorcery is a great pool for the magic looking Flight power, and Rune of Protection, Tough, and Accelerate Metabolism powers through everything.

Edited by Vulf

On 2/7/2021 at 10:53 PM, Snarky said:

This is a continuing project to find a great "ranged" character.  Miserably hard to do.  Blasters are not ranged, they excel at Blapping.  You have to build sideways to get them Ranged.

Two powers stood out to me here.  Sleet and Heat Loss.  The rest of Cold domination...left me cold?

I probably screwed up the slotting trying to get my build goals.  Priority was 1) Softcap Ranged Defense.  2) High Recharge, trying for Perma Hasten (missed it by that much) 3) High Accuracy.  We run a lot of +content at 50 and missing just sucks.  4) Not gimping my damage dealing powers while achieving above goals.

I wish the build was tighter.  i know I have missed something.  I wish I could have at least enhanced Sleet with a defense debuff set, but I needed/wanted Pacing of the Turrtles bonuses

Team or solo?

My build goals would differ between the two.  For teaming I'd place recharge over defenses.  Solo (or 1 perhaps 2 teammates) defense over recharge. 

Infridgidate -> I wouldn't look to slots here to achieve +def.  This is either a base slot or proc power.  Especially at level 50.  Generally when creating a build (any build) slots tend to be the tightest resource.

Glacial Shield and Ice Shield -> don't see either in the build.  A few thoughts on why this might not be the way to go.  First is the obvious not everyone even at 50 is running tricked out soft capped builds (especially against the I-cap).  Given they buff allies around the target (as well as the target ally) you don't even need to try that hard to find the teammates that aren't capped.  Next is defense debuffs.  Certain foes, like the ones in the often run ITF, can easily induce cascade failure.  Even the base unenhanced value can offer substantial buffer against this.  And last they take defense and resist sets.  In other words all those nice special IOs like LotG +def/increased rech, the two 3% +def uniques, scaling resistance, +max health, +5% resist (all), etc..

Benumb -> because all I have is this phone for internet atm I can't tell how far off perma this power is (can't load and look at your build in Mids) or how accurate but this is a key power of Cold when it comes to combat against AVs, GMs, EBs and other tough major foes.  Ideally this power is perma or as close as you can get and doesn't miss the target.   It turns them into kittens debuffing their damage, regen, defense, mez effects, movement etc..  PBU + Benumb should really be your go to alpha strike when ever possible.

Heat Loss and Sleet -> Sleet is a Freezing Rain clone.  As such you're basically looking for recharge anything else is gravy including using slots for set bonuses.  In a lot of ways Heat Loss is the same.  Both powers you want up as often as you can, but their base buff and debuffs are solid out of the box.

Arctic Fog -> In addition to the stealth, damage resistance and defense there's a lot of recharge and movement debuff resistance in the power.  More than, for example, found in /SR's Quickness.  Winter's Gift somewhere would put you at 80% resistance.

Frostwork -> didn't take this power on my Cold.  But it's not a lemon and can take Heal Sets, substantially boosting an allies max health.  With high recharge could give 3+ teammates an extra 500+ health.

9 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Team or solo?

My build goals would differ between the two.  For teaming I'd place recharge over defenses.  Solo (or 1 perhaps 2 teammates) defense over recharge. 

Infridgidate -> I wouldn't look to slots here to achieve +def.  This is either a base slot or proc power.  Especially at level 50.  Generally when creating a build (any build) slots tend to be the tightest resource.

Glacial Shield and Ice Shield -> don't see either in the build.  A few thoughts on why this might not be the way to go.  First is the obvious not everyone even at 50 is running tricked out soft capped builds (especially against the I-cap).  Given they buff allies around the target (as well as the target ally) you don't even need to try that hard to find the teammates that aren't capped.  Next is defense debuffs.  Certain foes, like the ones in the often run ITF, can easily induce cascade failure.  Even the base unenhanced value can offer substantial buffer against this.  And last they take defense and resist sets.  In other words all those nice special IOs like LotG +def/increased rech, the two 3% +def uniques, scaling resistance, +max health, +5% resist (all), etc..

Benumb -> because all I have is this phone for internet atm I can't tell how far off perma this power is (can't load and look at your build in Mids) or how accurate but this is a key power of Cold when it comes to combat against AVs, GMs, EBs and other tough major foes.  Ideally this power is perma or as close as you can get and doesn't miss the target.   It turns them into kittens debuffing their damage, regen, defense, mez effects, movement etc..  PBU + Benumb should really be your go to alpha strike when ever possible.

Heat Loss and Sleet -> Sleet is a Freezing Rain clone.  As such you're basically looking for recharge anything else is gravy including using slots for set bonuses.  In a lot of ways Heat Loss is the same.  Both powers you want up as often as you can, but their base buff and debuffs are solid out of the box.

Arctic Fog -> In addition to the stealth, damage resistance and defense there's a lot of recharge and movement debuff resistance in the power.  More than, for example, found in /SR's Quickness.  Winter's Gift somewhere would put you at 80% resistance.

Frostwork -> didn't take this power on my Cold.  But it's not a lemon and can take Heal Sets, substantially boosting an allies max health.  With high recharge could give 3+ teammates an extra 500+ health.

Team.  All the time.  I felt just softcap Range Def and not going for AoE Def was neglecting Def lol.  But I come from Brutes...

Infrigidate...Yeah, If i had another way to softcap range I would.  Literally ran out of powers to enhance.  (that took +range Def)

Shields.  I hate solo buffing.  Not dislike.  Hate.  From my cold little Hatey Heart.  

Benumb.  I was able to move about 4 slots in the live version of this.  Benumb got two additional slots for 50+5 Recharges.  

Heat Loss and Sleet....again,. PotT is meh, but it gives ACC and Range Def.  I will look at cramming other sets on.  I will.  I know this is a crap shortcut to a good but maybe not great goal.

Artic Fog...Winters Gift huh....nice.  1 slot huh...crap

Frostwork.  Other Allies can have max health huh?  I will look into ...nah, just kidding.  I don't want to stand around solo buffing.  I corrupt, not band aid.

Since this is a team build I do have on all three leadership toggles.  I am nearly ready to slot Hybrid.  Will be going with support radial embodiment.  May switch later.  My theory is keeping benumb and other debuffs up and then boosting my team is more effective than more personal individual damage  I will buff.  Passively.  I draw the line at standing around patching people.

Thanks for the feedback.  I will look at getting rid of the Pacing of the Turtle sets...  But man it is hard for me to give up ranged softcap lol.  

I hear you, I run lots of Emps and the stress from having to buff like mad at times becomes unfun in the extreme and I'll drag out one of my scrappers, blasters, huntsman etc. and just mindlessly kill stuff.

But as I point out in one of those "I want a healer, not some blaster"  those blasts even if never touched are a great place to chase set bonuses that will help you do the fun stuff safer and/or better.  Those Shields can similarly  take both defense +3% uniques (among other things).  That's 6% defense (all) to replace a couple of ranged only 6 slotted Pacing set bonuses.  Or if looking for recharge 5 Red Fortune + LotG increased recharge is 12.5% in set bonuses for recharge.  Then just put them on tray 6 and forget about ever buffing with them (if you must and if asked tell them you got tired of people complaining you ruined their costumes 😜)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I hear you, I run lots of Emps and the stress from having to buff like mad at times becomes unfun in the extreme and I'll drag out one of my scrappers, blasters, huntsman etc. and just mindlessly kill stuff.

But as I point out in one of those "I want a healer, not some blaster"  those blasts even if never touched are a great place to chase set bonuses that will help you do the fun stuff safer and/or better.  Those Shields can similarly  take both defense +3% uniques (among other things).  That's 6% defense (all) to replace a couple of ranged only 6 slotted Pacing set bonuses.  Or if looking for recharge 5 Red Fortune + LotG increased recharge is 12.5% in set bonuses for recharge.  Then just put them on tray 6 and forget about ever buffing with them (if you must and if asked tell them you got tired of people complaining you ruined their costumes 😜)

Call me selfish.  You would be right.  But I can get rid of combat jumping and add Temp Invul and get those two +3% and room on my build plus more survivability.  Do not even know why I was not doing this.  Thank you.

crap. those enhancers are in artic fog lol

I can swap out Artillery for pacing of the Turtle in Sleet.  Better bonuses for my build!

Edited by Snarky

One of my mains from live was an ice/cold corr and it got rerolled here right away. Recharge is everything and all teams love those cold shields it pretty much turns everyone into a tank even if all your using them for is a lotg mule its a massive bump in defence especially to squishies. Pretty sure once sleet drops on mobs you can throw away your acc io's as everything will hit. Always aim for perma heat loss and benumb especially if you ever plan on soloing tough av/gm. Sleet should be at about 15 seconds. On ice/cold burnout is a winner, i still think the best combo in the game is aim/soul drain-benumb-sleet-heat loss-ice storm-blizzard-burnout hang about a few seconds til blizzard wears off and repeat. It used to be enough to cause other players to crash with the overload and will murder the toughest stuff in game. I still think bitter freeze ray is a junk power due to the animation time, with a high recharge build you can fire off freeze ray enough to make it pointless. If your going for a ranged defence build and not taken the shield for the resists you may as well throw in scorp sd and cap your s/l def too.

• Thanks 1

I took a lot of these suggestions to heart.  My current live build has 4 Pacing of the turtles.  The new build I am respeccing into has one.  The major changes were adding Artillery in Sleet, Preemptive Optimization in Heat Loss, Superior Winters Bite in Freeze Ray, getting the 2 Rech I/Os into Benumb and turning Infrigidate into a 3 slot proc power.

Thank you all for the suggestions.  The build looks tighter definitely.  Really appreciate the suggestions on what to enhance for and why.  Really helped.

Snarkzebub: Level 50 Magic Corruptor

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Blast -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(7)
Level 1: Infrigidate -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-%ToHit(48), TchofLadG-%Dam(48)
Level 2: Frost Breath -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(17), Artl-Dam/Rech(17), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(31), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(33), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(33)
Level 4: Snow Storm -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(45), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(45), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(46), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(46), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(46)
Level 6: Aim -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(7), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(9), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(9), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(11), GssSynFr--Build%(11)
Level 8: Freeze Ray -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(37)
Level 10: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 12: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(13), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Rgn-Knock%(15)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 16: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 18: Bitter Ice Blast -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(23)
Level 20: Arctic Fog -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 22: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 26: Bitter Freeze Ray -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(27), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Apc-Dam%(29)
Level 28: Benumb -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(31), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Blizzard -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(40)
Level 35: Sleet -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(36), Artl-Dam/Rech(36), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(36), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(37)
Level 38: Heat Loss -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(43), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(43), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(43)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Power Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Tactics -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
------------

|MxDz;1353;656;1312;HEX;|
|78DA55934B4F135114C7EFB433145AB09442793F5BA058185A405D9A006A482021F|
|2019A4287D2583B4D29F1B1F353B872E70394A7F11D13C58D6E5CB9F52BF8D8F94E|
|3DCCFF4FAD934E7F73FFE79E73CFB9F7DC85ABB3F5BB176E9C559A7F26975A5F4FC|
|ED8C5E246A164178D855426BBE2564A7997F2A9E2A5EBD6F2C6B247861D9529C98B|
|A97CC64A9B732B56725ABC4B3DFF4CD31BABABE68C9D4B2767EDCBD97CAA94B5F3C|
|AB768DB39F37C2E9B592B799DEFA58265A5FDCEE7BC954A5BC5F5B56CA1FE785CC8|
|E6334DE70AD91573D1BE6215930BB28655BCD62659F4CA1B77C99F26AF2A1B2AA22|
|B95D0956B901C02F561320AD68C802FB48AAF4B1D4AA0A0AEC63FB81CDBF87B30E1|
|E21489AFB90D476BD44903ECA901FB3C642DF8521CDDCCCDBDA339DAE82EB9078EE|
|D9307E4437042D635E86BDC462E3577C0DABBE43DD0BB496E8193020F7D3D9BA8B5|
|6F0BECBF4F3E20B7C1C80EE893E3AD43BDAAEE23E24D097C88A7FB26A0D54F9253E|
|089D3E4197040E234208ED610538E364CD689CD8F789ABF05F5269AC153E21E60EE|
|816DB7A335ED90BB60F31EB90F860EC057E217A46F90714313B0B5B5CAB85BD8087|
|D9CEB2502A00A29D5C2BA5BE81B903C5B9967EB719E7F9413E7A8DC76EE49FB286A|
|EE18234DB02B4E26C0D732BF136BB83A3BB0173DB1FFD9246B76338FEE7E68475BD|
|ACBBA7A1FE19C861E934FC8A7E0F033F23978287E03ECDF01F66F98FD1B66FF86D9|
|BF11F66F84FDFB467C079DEE2F1B83DF106FE43BF9033CF993FC45FE06DFCAB6477|
|9FE51D63642BE135B8CB618B5513224F59BA85599DCF3A068716AF15BB8A75DBAE2|
|53969F3C6A4EAFDCE6F27CB5750C9117F5CA4D569AE3F1C92B0AE36A61CCFA52ADF|
|5A3773E576B51CCFB5AADDDC4F9FE055D7BBB6F|

So first let me say I think the build looks very good. While we have very different build styles , since you are asking on here for comments I wanted to try again about Bitter Freeze Ray.

I know some people as mentioned above skip it, and the long animation takes some getting used to. But it really can be a very heavy hitter:

bfrproc.jpg.bd7437da3a5fc66d5c3cf1dbe0548357.jpg

That is what it hits for the majority of the time.  That is almost twice what Bitter Ice Blast does. 

Here is how I have mine slotted, just for reference on how it can be done.:

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.6

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Power Pool: Fighting

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Infrigidate -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 2: Ice Shield -- ImpSki-Status(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(7), StdPrt-ResKB(9)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 6: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Freeze Ray -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg(23), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(23), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25)
Level 10: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(15), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(17), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(17), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(19), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(19)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 14: Glacial Shield -- ImpSki-Status(A), Ags-Psi/Status(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(27)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29), Ksm-ToHit+(29)
Level 18: Bitter Ice Blast -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(33)
Level 20: Arctic Fog -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(33), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(34), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(34), GldArm-RechEnd(34), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(36), GldArm-ResDam(36), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 26: Bitter Freeze Ray -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(37), UnbCns-Dam%(39), Apc-Dam%(39), GldNet-Dam%(39), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40)
Level 30: Benumb -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 32: Blizzard -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(42), Artl-Dam/Rech(42), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(42), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(43), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(43)
Level 35: Sleet -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(43), Artl-Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(45), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(46)
Level 38: Heat Loss -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Power Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(46), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), RgnTss-Regen+(9), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(11), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(11), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(13), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(13), PwrTrns-+Heal(15)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

|MxDz;1361;662;1324;HEX;|
		|78DA65935B4F134114C767BBBB404B4BB9532E055A2E055A4A0BA22F46132E1A141|
		|2A289AF4D4397B209769B52A23EFA41BC3C784D14F55563149FF43BF815548C9744|
		|13B39EEEFF6F4BE2249BDFCE39F33FE7CC99998DEB2BC183F337CF2A2DBCBC9BDFD|
		|BCB2D3B95CA7EB9EA54CC8D7CD1DED2958C66F906EA8EDCA57CA96815D26B5B566E|
		|4934D5E1866B697F7B3BBDECEC16722BCE55BB94AFDA4E4905361D67377DB96C598|
		|590F77BCE2EEE54ED5231E8CDD6AD7C5926E17F938255D9DBB1CB9DAB657B2BBDE9|
		|5CB32AB90DC962556E44A48EB87C199FE2704D754B903594EF36790734120638013|
		|64D822F35F16B9E56A94309D465A8571A4DCAF56951F98BCAFA3EB025028E491374|
		|AC51FA479F174B139B499BE9CA500B3E74AB5659F33832764F91D3602F2BEE65A59|
		|1BBE0BC68FDD4FA1F2343DB3DB0FD3EF900EC7C483E02E392B415BBD25A93B5787E|
		|15215F8B3D049F2FC4DD0D2C6A9E6EE0978E5A441FE69A700F7C4317E11BFAA33CC|
		|DA2A4EAC01AB3E3097CC34FC903F21938FA9C7C01BE115D17B55D8C3F1A0063AD60|
		|2208CEB591215097DA7AA8EDC9225EEC04B9008E65C839721EEC106D1FF7D5C7BCE|
		|3DD643B7852F6D5CFF8FDA76BD75D57E3E4E41AFA3B992557113791020D893FC8BE|
		|0F326E8279DED65A8DF3D4A23C8B2C794AC28DF0AC4774D35B3F6D9026D904CE349|
		|32DE0A1C48DB3DE38B533D4A6A84D519BA27696DA77A29BF0EEBAAB2658CB7BD9CA|
		|14EB9C4AE22ECE921FC49764FF92B5A4F2AA6687C1B911B0537A90E62B48C710B35|
		|B6C19DA32ECC79A517FB5EE50E3BF369597B37EDCE247B7378DFABB549AB7EA5340|
		|2CDA71CBE7FF2C5F1A165D8BE19C5ACEE0DE67AFA096EC05D47ED4586B6A47789F8|
		|1AFE43730F89DFC01B6FD04DDFAF8DD2B064471FF02C5A9C7A2|

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later
On 2/13/2021 at 2:14 PM, SuperPlyx said:

So first let me say I think the build looks very good. While we have very different build styles , since you are asking on here for comments I wanted to try again about Bitter Freeze Ray.

I know some people as mentioned above skip it, and the long animation takes some getting used to. But it really can be a very heavy hitter:

bfrproc.jpg.bd7437da3a5fc66d5c3cf1dbe0548357.jpg

That is what it hits for the majority of the time.  That is almost twice what Bitter Ice Blast does. 

Here is how I have mine slotted, just for reference on how it can be done.:

Reveal hidden contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.6

Level 50 Magic Corruptor

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Ice Shield -- ImpSki-Status(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(7), StdPrt-ResKB(9)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 6: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Freeze Ray -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg(23), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(23), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25)
Level 10: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(15), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(17), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(17), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(19), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(19)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 14: Glacial Shield -- ImpSki-Status(A), Ags-Psi/Status(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(27)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29), Ksm-ToHit+(29)
Level 18: Bitter Ice Blast -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(33)
Level 20: Arctic Fog -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(33), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(34), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(34), GldArm-RechEnd(34), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(36), GldArm-ResDam(36), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 26: Bitter Freeze Ray -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(37), UnbCns-Dam%(39), Apc-Dam%(39), GldNet-Dam%(39), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40)
Level 30: Benumb -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 32: Blizzard -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(42), Artl-Dam/Rech(42), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(42), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(43), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(43)
Level 35: Sleet -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(43), Artl-Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(45), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(46)
Level 38: Heat Loss -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Power Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(46), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), RgnTss-Regen+(9), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(11), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(11), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(13), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(13), PwrTrns-+Heal(15)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

|MxDz;1361;662;1324;HEX;|
		|78DA65935B4F134114C767BBBB404B4BB9532E055A2E055A4A0BA22F46132E1A141|
		|2A289AF4D4397B209769B52A23EFA41BC3C784D14F55563149FF43BF815548C9744|
		|13B39EEEFF6F4BE2249BDFCE39F33FE7CC99998DEB2BC183F337CF2A2DBCBC9BDFD|
		|BCB2D3B95CA7EB9EA54CC8D7CD1DED2958C66F906EA8EDCA57CA96815D26B5B566E|
		|4934D5E1866B697F7B3BBDECEC16722BCE55BB94AFDA4E4905361D67377DB96C598|
		|590F77BCE2EEE54ED5231E8CDD6AD7C5926E17F938255D9DBB1CB9DAB657B2BBDE9|
		|5CB32AB90DC962556E44A48EB87C199FE2704D754B903594EF36790734120638013|
		|64D822F35F16B9E56A94309D465A8571A4DCAF56951F98BCAFA3EB025028E491374|
		|AC51FA479F174B139B499BE9CA500B3E74AB5659F33832764F91D3602F2BEE65A59|
		|1BBE0BC68FDD4FA1F2343DB3DB0FD3EF900EC7C483E02E392B415BBD25A93B5787E|
		|15215F8B3D049F2FC4DD0D2C6A9E6EE0978E5A441FE69A700F7C4317E11BFAA33CC|
		|DA2A4EAC01AB3E3097CC34FC903F21938FA9C7C01BE115D17B55D8C3F1A0063AD60|
		|2208CEB591215097DA7AA8EDC9225EEC04B9008E65C839721EEC106D1FF7D5C7BCE|
		|3DD643B7852F6D5CFF8FDA76BD75D57E3E4E41AFA3B992557113791020D893FC8BE|
		|0F326E8279DED65A8DF3D4A23C8B2C794AC28DF0AC4774D35B3F6D9026D904CE349|
		|32DE0A1C48DB3DE38B533D4A6A84D519BA27696DA77A29BF0EEBAAB2658CB7BD9CA|
		|14EB9C4AE22ECE921FC49764FF92B5A4F2AA6687C1B911B0537A90E62B48C710B35|
		|B6C19DA32ECC79A517FB5EE50E3BF369597B37EDCE247B7378DFABB549AB7EA5340|
		|2CDA71CBE7FF2C5F1A165D8BE19C5ACEE0DE67AFA096EC05D47ED4586B6A47789F8|
		|1AFE43730F89DFC01B6FD04DDFAF8DD2B064471FF02C5A9C7A2|

The problem is that it has almost 2.5x the cast time of bitter ice blast, but only does 2x the dmg if its proc'd out and bitter ice blast and freeze ray are not. When we look at our dps and chains, it just isn't a good dps power, proc'd or not compared to other options in ice. If you proc everything out similarly then the dps discrepancy becomes very noticeable. Bitter ice blast still has a 76% chance to proc a 3.5 ppm proc without any recharge in it, freeze ray has 64%, and even ice blast has 56% chance. Yes, bitter freeze ray has the maximum chance to proc, but it doesn't do enough base dmg to make up for it. Let me show you what I'm talking about in a build, make sure you change the view to "show damage per animation." 

Spoiler

Level 50 Mutation Corruptor

Villain Profile:
Level 1: [Empty] 
Level 1: Infrigidate -- Empty(A)
Level 2: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 4: [Empty] 
Level 6: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- Empty(A)
Level 10: [Empty] 
Level 12: [Empty] 
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Tough -- Empty(A)
Level 18: Ice Bolt -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(19), ImpSwf-Dam%(19), GldJvl-Dam%(21)
Level 20: Ice Blast -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(27), ImpSwf-Dam%(27), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(29), GldJvl-Dam%(23)
Level 22: Freeze Ray -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(25), NrnSht-Dam%(25), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(31), GldNet-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Dam%(33)
Level 24: Bitter Ice Blast -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(36), ImpSwf-Dam%(36), CldSns-%Dam(36), Apc-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 26: Bitter Freeze Ray -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(33), NrnSht-Dam%(33), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(34), UnbCns-Dam%(34), GldJvl-Dam%(34)
Level 28: [Empty] 
Level 30: [Empty] 
Level 32: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def(39), RedFrt-EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40)
Level 35: Ice Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def(42), RedFrt-EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42)
Level 38: Glacial Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(43), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), RedFrt-Def(43), RedFrt-EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(45)
Level 41: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), RedFrt-Def(46), RedFrt-EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(47)
Level 44: Arctic Fog -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-EndRdx(47), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(47), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 47: [Empty] 
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
------------

|MxDz;1057;485;970;HEX;|
		|78DA6592DB6EDA401086D7C18806412D4A680ECA8943CA216042ABE4365220AD908|
		|214B50F6059E08055C09631527BD9A7C81B44CA4DA4DC268AF23ABD699B3770869D|
		|DF212A2BD9BF77E6FF66C6ABEDFC68256EBEFC3A168AD61C9A9389D1743C6FEAFA8|
		|EF7A633F54DDF76C611412B46CFC64BCEF86A8EFB564F6F772DE384307F7B9E3A99|
		|5E5CE84D67D8335ACEC81ECB12227EEE3843FD9B6B59BDA4FCFC6CF707BE3DEE6B7|
		|27766993DCB9B0C6C3711EE5D4AA64E5DBBABB74CEFBBD1A12696F7738DC6C8D213|
		|CCD69D22B0028EF04B79F90C3E2E091155D811BDA64D431539FA951862B1B9552E8|
		|57249544CCA5C84221ADC9A8CD4A94C8A3D91D416496359BC0BF58AAC5BAA58A946|
		|64AF03F2A6D9ABA6E1D90815DECD5BF6BE07F389980C778C66E05D0BD564667B043|
		|D656617EC21B1AB6057C1E44345BFFCEF25A985069F4701EC116DD779D6E83A98DD|
		|50D1373BEB4BDE6C9BD92CD8F909A6E8BC7630C14E9CDD8504EB8724F42D54632D6|
		|658EF4972982007B608B608B60CB60CB60CF681640FEC1ED80AD80AD80AD82AD82A|
		|5895662E61E612D82AD81AD81AD81A581DEC23C93ED87DB07AE8418D3A6AD451A30|
		|E767E6A9BEAFF37B93D8B70DDE06C217BAE2229C2EBFE274E11E575E4DF42E4EF42|
		|E4692122C7B9A43BDB40F3670006E0F6|

All three powers are similarly proc'd, but freeze ray and bitter ice blast do twice the dps as bitter freeze ray. Hell, even ice blast almost meets bitter freeze rays dps if you put two purples in it. On archetypes that have lower base damages (controllers and defenders) it makes more sense to utilize procs in powers like bitter freeze ray make more sense to utilize. Most importantly, proc dmg never scourges, hurting your overall dps even more (not really by that much considering how effective/ineffective scourging can be, but it is something to consider). If you add in powers like aim or soul drain on a corruptor, then these dps discrepancies become even more apparent. 

Most importantly though, its just not really worth the overall survivability cost (the cost is lost set bonuses and slots in other powers) on a corruptor to do things like this, unless you have a secondary that is really prepared for it (say hello to "/time").

(ok I had to check a defender, it doesn't really make sense there either from a dps only perspective)

defender example:

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7

Level 49 Mutation Defender
Primary Power Set: Cold Domination
Secondary Power Set: Ice Blast

Hero Profile:
Level 2: [Empty] 
Level 4: [Empty] 
Level 6: [Empty] 
Level 8: [Empty] 
Level 10: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 12: [Empty] 
Level 14: [Empty] 
Level 16: [Empty] 
Level 18: [Empty] 
Level 20: [Empty] 
Level 22: [Empty] 
Level 24: [Empty] 
Level 26: [Empty] 
Level 28: [Empty] 
Level 30: [Empty] 
Level 32: [Empty] 
Level 35: Ice Bolt -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(36), ImpSwf-Dam%(36), GldJvl-Dam%(36)
Level 38: Ice Blast -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(39), ImpSwf-Dam%(39), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Freeze Ray -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(42), NrnSht-Dam%(42), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(42), GldNet-Dam%(43), GldJvl-Dam%(43)
Level 44: Bitter Ice Blast -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(45), ImpSwf-Dam%(45), CldSns-%Dam(45), Apc-Dam%(46), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Bitter Freeze Ray -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(47), NrnSht-Dam%(47), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(48), UnbCns-Dam%(48), GldJvl-Dam%(48)
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 1: Vigilance 
------------

|MxDz;707;347;694;HEX;|
		|78DA85515B4AC340149DB411AD2F28F443C122B454FB4CC80A8436510A568A1B08B|
		|199D4C17452D254DA4F3723F8E3161445D7E28F8F1DC4DB999B2204F5C27072CF3D|
		|E79E49D29B999BF727374744D9EEF8CE64629BD4A3DCA5E15A6F1A39110B3859D42|
		|A9C6232B2DB53CFD33A81EFDA6630625CC87697D373870FA9AB7507D46EC3CA88E4|
		|FB41E06B5D7ECD26EC82F92C9A170463CDC6346423CA65D096208FD9F032627CB82|
		|13B7FD1E6AD311B68A6135ED93D5848C3F90EDC671F4EFC673D6508C989FBC72477|
		|078DA1FEE3F8B51EC05D52C4AA6CA90860E44839C15B181455526E6645C423682B3|
		|2365B41CD4182A83D44ED3368AB72EF4A1535B5041DA9AD8D14A1AD5BD25347EF0B|
		|781BE86DA0A79920E634DF32025B867CFD167A5FA1D5D0ABA1678998AB63AEDE955|
		|E1DBDE283ECA9042B96BF819CA698B3052343E2BE8A8F3055C4F47D1D18E527F399|
		|623E52CC578AF906BCB6DFDE|

The one thing that bitter freeze ray is really good at is holding bosses with a proc and being a set mule in my opinion. 

On 2/7/2021 at 7:53 PM, Snarky said:

Would you be interested in a HOVERruptor?

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Bolt -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Frost Breath -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(3), Artl-Dam/Rech(3), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(5), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(5), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(7)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(9), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def(15), RedFrt-EndRdx(15)
Level 6: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 8: Freeze Ray -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(40), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(43)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 12: Ice Storm -- PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(13), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(13), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dam%(48)
Level 14: Boxing -- AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(45), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(48), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(50), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(50)
Level 16: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(17), GldArm-RechEnd(17), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(19), GldArm-ResDam(19), GldArm-3defTpProc(21)
Level 18: Bitter Ice Blast -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(40)
Level 20: Arctic Fog -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(21), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 22: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def(27), RedFrt-EndRdx(27)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(25), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29), Rct-ResDam%(45), Ksm-ToHit+(48)
Level 26: Bitter Freeze Ray -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36), BslGaz-Slow%(36)
Level 28: Benumb -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(31)
Level 32: Blizzard -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(33), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Rgn-Knock%(34)
Level 35: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Heat Loss -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%(42), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43)
Level 44: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 47: Ice Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Glacial Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(46), Mrc-Rcvry+(46)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(46)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: High Pain Threshold 
Level 50: Invader 
Level 50: Marshal 
Level 50: Born In Battle 
------------

|MxDz;1403;673;1346;HEX;|
		|78DA6594DB6E12511486F7660628508A48E981166A293D0203D396F6D2A4AD9ADAA|
		|2551335DE1052A674126408A5895EFA143E8389564D3C45633C3C8389C757D09AA8|
		|8D5E185CCCFA53889D40BEBDFFBDFEBD66D69A3DF91B2BDD7B676E9D1432B05C29E|
		|EEC1496AD7A7DB7D6B0EACE7CB16C6E2A822E37FD23870B858BC56AD92869AB9B46|
		|61893C8D587B6969776B4B5BB62AA5C28A75DDAC161BA65515810DCBAA68EB46B16|
		|4D477B6CD9AD79E5FAA1946C96F0F4F9BE5ED86592DFB7856694D074FD5CC4DADBD|
		|737EB790A75C46FDE600DD4D82FE1987C0D57488842A84AE0AD738B36B82F95C1EC|
		|6D08F2EA1938BC5A6532A4E3BCAA1824EA6EA02DD4C571733488550247B15AFE44C|
		|3EA6B71BF4337B7AC0007396F23A39AF742609BA47E8771CF6DA1CC1CDFBAAEE346|
		|B931A9861CE64419D19A77BF1B0477AB05F029CA7101FF6F33D12767CF763F00933|
		|F5949979C694B49F1F1EFF1AE748AD333379A67E0E3CCF54C813403D02BA626BC7E|
		|6C139E6F12C9861F6CE3273B44510DEE05DD612F7C03DE6C47DF00173F221F315F9|
		|42F0867AA5FDCCBD6166EC27C7C47E31470FC0DF0A7A2A4418DE307AD8871EF6A18|
		|703E861043D8CA0871EF2F6C3DB8F7C039FB816C39FC135CE93FAC1CCFCA5F0A82A|
		|16687990BDCAE03B87AD8DBD073F801F99AF296E086FED107A3A46B9A3787FA2C81|
		|5FBC25C248CA07723AD9789E24FCC8339708139BAC89E37141F478E3872BC256DDC|
		|3E1D4D390E6D026CD0E34C21C7146A3C8D1A4FA3B6D37F9833AD22453D2244F79C6|
		|48F48E65A1F1245BCA0B986BC5A98EBFA9290859685B64A07980F6AB339ACFE7F8A|
		|D78F281BEAE1B916D256BE7A49919DCAB723CA7E5B71C8CB9C393DCA4F913E4BF34|
		|9557C6FC748799BAB973EE0EFCB5A8880BBBCE26D8FAF768CAF758C2F748CFF019E|
		|AFD2FC|

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Darkir said:

Would you be interested in a HOVERruptor?

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Bolt -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Frost Breath -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(3), Artl-Dam/Rech(3), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(5), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(5), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(7)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(9), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def(15), RedFrt-EndRdx(15)
Level 8: Freeze Ray -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(40), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(43)
Level 12: Ice Storm -- PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(13), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(13), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dam%(48)
Level 14: Boxing -- AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(45), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(48), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(50), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(50)
Level 16: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(17), GldArm-RechEnd(17), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(19), GldArm-ResDam(19), GldArm-3defTpProc(21)
Level 18: Bitter Ice Blast -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(40)
Level 20: Arctic Fog -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(21), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 22: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def(27), RedFrt-EndRdx(27)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(25), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29), Rct-ResDam%(45), Ksm-ToHit+(48)
Level 26: Bitter Freeze Ray -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36), BslGaz-Slow%(36)
Level 32: Blizzard -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(33), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Rgn-Knock%(34)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%(42), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43)
Level 44: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 47: Ice Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
------------

|MxDz;1403;673;1346;HEX;|
		|78DA6594DB6E12511486F7660628508A48E981166A293D0203D396F6D2A4AD9ADAA|
		|2551335DE1052A674126408A5895EFA143E8389564D3C45633C3C8389C757D09AA8|
		|8D5E185CCCFA53889D40BEBDFFBDFEBD66D69A3DF91B2BDD7B676E9D1432B05C29E|
		|EEC1496AD7A7DB7D6B0EACE7CB16C6E2A822E37FD23870B858BC56AD92869AB9B46|
		|61893C8D587B6969776B4B5BB62AA5C28A75DDAC161BA65515810DCBAA68EB46B16|
		|4D477B6CD9AD79E5FAA1946C96F0F4F9BE5ED86592DFB7856694D074FD5CC4DADBD|
		|737EB790A75C46FDE600DD4D82FE1987C0D57488842A84AE0AD738B36B82F95C1EC|
		|6D08F2EA1938BC5A6532A4E3BCAA1824EA6EA02DD4C571733488550247B15AFE44C|
		|3EA6B71BF4337B7AC0007396F23A39AF742609BA47E8771CF6DA1CC1CDFBAAEE346|
		|B931A9861CE64419D19A77BF1B0477AB05F029CA7101FF6F33D12767CF763F00933|
		|F5949979C694B49F1F1EFF1AE748AD333379A67E0E3CCF54C813403D02BA626BC7E|
		|6C139E6F12C9861F6CE3273B44510DEE05DD612F7C03DE6C47DF00173F221F315F9|
		|42F0867AA5FDCCBD6166EC27C7C47E31470FC0DF0A7A2A4418DE307AD8871EF6A18|
		|703E861043D8CA0871EF2F6C3DB8F7C039FB816C39FC135CE93FAC1CCFCA5F0A82A|
		|16687990BDCAE03B87AD8DBD073F801F99AF296E086FED107A3A46B9A3787FA2C81|
		|5FBC25C248CA07723AD9789E24FCC8339708139BAC89E37141F478E3872BC256DDC|
		|3E1D4D390E6D026CD0E34C21C7146A3C8D1A4FA3B6D37F9833AD22453D2244F79C6|
		|48F48E65A1F1245BCA0B986BC5A98EBFA9290859685B64A07980F6AB339ACFE7F8A|
		|D78F281BEAE1B916D256BE7A49919DCAB723CA7E5B71C8CB9C393DCA4F913E4BF34|
		|9557C6FC748799BAB973EE0EFCB5A8880BBBCE26D8FAF768CAF758C2F748CFF019E|
		|AFD2FC|

@Darkir I recently rolled a Ice / Cold Corruptor that I plan on playing in a "HOVERruptor" play style. 

I had actually been looking at @Snarky's build here and it had intrigued me. I'm curious, have you made any additional changes or did you settle on your latest build post?

@DarkirI like how your build addresses some resistance for the times that shots do hit you... but it looks like you sacrifice even more dmg to achieve it. (Comparing the dmg on the powers in yours vs Snarky's build and that isn't counting when Power Build Up is active). I also hear many ice corruptors take dark to get even more dmg buff. I'm curious about your thought on this? 

Corruptor Ice dmg already feels a little light (compared to my War Mace Brute for instance), so I'm nervous to lower it further. I have not gotten incarnates unlocked yet as I just hit 50 and am guessing that is where "my damage" will come from. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by SmokenBongs
grammer

Fopr me i stuck with it and have since moved back to Bruts lol.  although my current energy/will brute plays like a fat scrapper, incarnated for damage rather than survival.  grrr.  but i honestly think the corruptor is my strongest team build.  it may be the way i move through the future.  possibly.  so strong.  but i do love lazily bruting lol

48 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Fopr me i stuck with it and have since moved back to Bruts lol.  although my current energy/will brute plays like a fat scrapper, incarnated for damage rather than survival.  grrr.  but i honestly think the corruptor is my strongest team build.  it may be the way i move through the future.  possibly.  so strong.  but i do love lazily bruting lol

Brutes are great, so I can't fault you for going back. I haven't played energy melee, but I hear GREAT things.

My goal in this game is to have a solid hero for what I designate as the 3-4 primary rolls. I have most filled, but am struggling with ranged damage...

Support

Name: Obscura Luna

AT: Controller

Powers: Dark / Dark

Summary: Obscura turns the battlefield into bunch of blind kids with foam bats... things rarely hit the group and if they do, it almost tickles. Unfortunately the same can be said for her damage, or complete lack there of. 

Ranged Damage

Candidate 1: Frack The Hunter

AT: Blaster

Powers: Fire / Electric

Summary: While the dmg is very satisfying, the character isn't as satisfying overall. It's a Blapper style of play and I'd honestly prefer to be a brute if I'm gonna be in melee. Doesn't quite fit the ranged dmg dealer role for me.

Candidate 2: Vevick

AT: Defender (Offender)

Powers: Nature / Dark

Summary: I had heard good things about "offenders" and had a cool concept that fit nature / dark.... but I find it busy and not very satisfying to play.

Candidate 3: Undar Zhero

AT: Corruptor

Powers: Ice / Cold

Summary: I like the sound a look of ice and that the character seems to have a very defined roll. Blast away and slow things to a crawl. Dmg isn't very impressive and the scare of how much dmg you take when you are hit is high (with my current build). So far this build is looking like the one I fully invest in getting incarnated out. 

Candidate 4: Undar Zhero (Reborn)

Powers: Ice / Rad

Summary: I've heard this is really the way to go and I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on why I should look into it over Ice / Cold.

Melee Damage (/ Tank)

Name: Trick Ortrick

AT: Brute

Powers: Mace / SR 

Summary: Trick checks all the boxes. Solid Damage, Above Average Survivability, Control via KD's, and he is a Brute so he can serve the Tank roll in most groups.

Tank

Summary: Do you really need a tank if you've already got a well built brute you enjoy? 

Anyways, I'm just rambling on and looking for some advice. Any thoughts are appreciated!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SmokenBongs said:

Brutes are great, so I can't fault you for going back. I haven't played energy melee, but I hear GREAT things.

My goal in this game is to have a solid hero for what I designate as the 3-4 primary rolls. I have most filled, but am struggling with ranged damage...

Support

Name: Obscura Luna

AT: Controller

Powers: Dark / Dark

Summary: Obscura turns the battlefield into bunch of blind kids with foam bats... things rarely hit the group and if they do, it almost tickles. Unfortunately the same can be said for her damage, or complete lack there of. 

Ranged Damage

Candidate 1: Frack The Hunter

AT: Blaster

Powers: Fire / Electric

Summary: While the dmg is very satisfying, the character isn't as satisfying overall. It's a Blapper style of play and I'd honestly prefer to be a brute if I'm gonna be in melee. Doesn't quite fit the ranged dmg dealer role for me.

Candidate 2: Vevick

AT: Defender (Offender)

Powers: Nature / Dark

Summary: I had heard good things about "offenders" and had a cool concept that fit nature / dark.... but I find it busy and not very satisfying to play.

Candidate 3: Undar Zhero

Powers: Ice / Cold

Summary: I like the sound a look of ice and that the character seems to have a very defined roll. Blast away and slow things to a crawl. Dmg isn't very impressive and the scare of how much dmg you take when you are hit is high (with my current build). So far this build is looking like the one I fully invest in getting incarnated out. 

Candidate 4: Undar Zhero (Reborn)

Powers: Ice / Rad

Summary: I've heard this is really the way to go and I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on why I should look into it over Ice / Cold.

Melee Damage (/ Tank)

Name: Trick Ortrick

AT: Brute

Powers: Mace / SR 

Summary: Trick checks all the boxes. Solid Damage, Above Average Survivability, Control via KD's, and he is a Brute so he can serve the Tank roll in most groups.

Tank

Summary: Do you really need a tank if you've already got a well built brute you enjoy? 

Anyways, I'm just rambling on and looking for some advice. Any thoughts are appreciated!

The real power in the ice cold is the cold dominations Benumb, sleet, and heat loss.  It is insane how effective this stuff is.  Ice just synergizes well with cold and is completely ranged.  the Damage over time works well w/ a Corruptors scourge also.  I would say the Ice/Cold Corruptor is not only one of my most effective ranged damage dealers (not on pure numbers, it hides its effectiveness) but is incredibly powerful to a team.  Those debuffs just work like a can opener for your teammates.

Have you tried a Invulnerable Tank?  SS or Energy are great pairings.  It is insane how effective those taunt bots are.  

My main is a dark/dark Brute.  elegant.  my new mad experiment is energy will brute incarnated for damage.  It is a scrapper in Brutes clothing.

Finally, in my opinion, Bruting and Tanking are very different.  Tanking is taunting and herding and controlling the mobs.  Brutes are jumping into battle, soaking the alpha (gets you more damage) and killing everything.  Hopefully your team is okay, but....its not that important.  You got people to beat down.

19 hours ago, SmokenBongs said:

@Darkir I recently rolled a Ice / Cold Corruptor that I plan on playing in a "HOVERruptor" play style. 

I had actually been looking at @Snarky's build here and it had intrigued me. I'm curious, have you made any additional changes or did you settle on your latest build post?

@DarkirI like how your build addresses some resistance for the times that shots do hit you... but it looks like you sacrifice even more dmg to achieve it. (Comparing the dmg on the powers in yours vs Snarky's build and that isn't counting when Power Build Up is active). I also hear many ice corruptors take dark to get even more dmg buff. I'm curious about your thought on this? 

Corruptor Ice dmg already feels a little light (compared to my War Mace Brute for instance), so I'm nervous to lower it further. I have not gotten incarnates unlocked yet as I just hit 50 and am guessing that is where "my damage" will come from. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What do you mean his does more dmg than mine? First, turn off scourge, you aren't going to crit every time or at all in the beginning. Also, go to view>view damage by animation time to see their dps and not just their activation damage (bitter freeze ray looks like a great power until you consider that 2.5 second cast time)

The best ST attack chain his can run is freeze ray>bitter ice blast>bitter freeze ray=127.18 dps

The best attack chain I can run is freeze ray>bitter ice blast>ice bolt=174.6d dps (need to divide by the time bitter ice blast is up which is 3.28 seconds and not the cast time for  all those powers which is 3.07)

So, that ST attack chain is almost 1.5x the dmg of his. On top of that I have 90% more global recharge (170+ total) in my build, meaning that my aim is up every 28 seconds, while his is up every 32 seconds. My blizzard is up every 45 seconds and his is up every 66 seconds. I also feel the resistances are very necessary when you consider that you cannot heal yourself at all. Sure, his build has power build up, but its only up for 12.5 seconds every 90 seconds, which just isn't worth the extra energy resistance that you get from charged armor but if you want it, its easily remedied:                (we don't take dark mastery on a hover character because you just don't have the melee or s/l defenses to use a pbaoe power like soul drain)

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Corruptor

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Bolt -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 41: Power Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47), UnbGrd-Max HP%(49), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(49)
Level 47: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
------------

|MxDz;1398;679;1358;HEX;|
		|78DA6594596B135114C7EF9DA56992A6B14DD33DA96DD305DB4C325D1F85B62A5DA|
		|25141C597109A693A1033214D511FFD147E0641AB821B82687DD277C1F52BB8805A|
		|F441C693397F9A400786DFBDFF7B963BE7DC3B991B2B6D7B676E9D1432BC5CCAEFE|
		|CE4969D6A75B75273AA7A265FB43755418F8FDEFEC385DC857CB968158CD54D2BB7|
		|443EB578636969776BCB58764A85DC8A73CD2EE76BB65316E1ACE3948C0D2B5FB0A|
		|A3BDB7625E0CD2F562CAB10F286A7EDE276CD2E17833C2BD5A79DA72AF6A69175AE|
		|5BD55C869258D59BBDB48D04BD2945E0711591D0843035D132C66C9D603E97B42C3|
		|D1B21F6C921A2095381245C5DAABA67A768A0CED45A401FB3A595D9413550399EAE|
		|0624E70A32036D6088D9DE0E8699339457E7BC529F22987E61DE51BCB559828FE36|
		|ABE246B130698629E4883267384F6E2671FE947BC0438472641C40B3E129E7DDB63|
		|F00973FA2933F58C29295E083EA175CE31BDC14C6598E659F01C53259F30EA11365|
		|54F3B3607CE323BD3608AD935C39CA7101DF0EDB8CB5AE21EB8C71CBF0F3E604E3C|
		|64BE24BF087C235DD2FBE6AE2833FE8B6DE2BF99C307E01F153D15220ADF287AD88|
		|D1E76A387BDE8613F7AD88F1EFAC9B707BE3DC8D7FB896B31F8195CE73CD33F99A9|
		|7F641ED3C4022DF7B1AFDAF74EF1B4D1F7E007F023F315D90DF0591103E8E928E58|
		|EE1FCC4902BFE85B9481842EF86EA8789EC8FCF81F3E0027378917DF6C97E043946|
		|90E3356963DEED70E518B471F00D7DCE24EC27A1BD256D0A79A7507703753750EFF|
		|45FB05EB8985F44E83B0CDC4963BEFE5F51C50B9AA7113B1DE55AAF6A87F7DB1D6C|
		|8CEB53D7151B4794AC7678AF85F494AF015264B3F2ED88F2BDA128F212674E0EF38|
		|E936B34A73FC98F868D94B7B97AC903FEC3AC4708D8E565B233D9CEBDD234BEDA34|
		|3EDF34FE0FF1A8CD84|

The things I sacrificed in this build were dark mastery(can't be in melee range, which is necessary for soul drain to work), melee defenses, and procs (damage yes, but damage that is required to forgo set bonuses like recharge and defense). I think the build I made here will have more recharge, more damage, more survivability, and more uptime of powers.

P.S. I apologize if I sound arrogant or condescending, that is not my meaning at all. I have simply made and played many many many many corruptors at this point and I am continually making builds for people here on the forums and so I have lots of experience with both builds and corruptors. I am also very tired because I have not slept. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Darkir said:

What do you mean his does more dmg than mine? First, turn off scourge, you aren't going to crit every time or at all in the beginning. Also, go to view>view damage by animation time to see their dps and not just their activation damage (bitter freeze ray looks like a great power until you consider that 2.5 second cast time)

The best ST attack chain his can run is freeze ray>bitter ice blast>bitter freeze ray=127.18 dps

The best attack chain I can run is freeze ray>bitter ice blast>ice bolt=174.6d dps (need to divide by the time bitter ice blast is up which is 3.28 seconds and not the cast time for  all those powers which is 3.07)

So, that ST attack chain is almost 1.5x the dmg of his. On top of that I have 90% more global recharge (170+ total) in my build, meaning that my aim is up every 28 seconds, while his is up every 32 seconds. My blizzard is up every 45 seconds and his is up every 66 seconds. I also feel the resistances are very necessary when you consider that you cannot heal yourself at all. Sure, his build has power build up, but its only up for 12.5 seconds every 90 seconds, which just isn't worth the extra energy resistance that you get from charged armor but if you want it, its easily remedied:                (we don't take dark mastery on a hover character because you just don't have the melee or s/l defenses to use a pbaoe power like soul drain)

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Corruptor

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Bolt -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 41: Power Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47), UnbGrd-Max HP%(49), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(49)
Level 47: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
------------

|MxDz;1398;679;1358;HEX;|
		|78DA6594596B135114C7EF9DA56992A6B14DD33DA96DD305DB4C325D1F85B62A5DA|
		|25141C597109A693A1033214D511FFD147E0641AB821B82687DD277C1F52BB8805A|
		|F441C693397F9A400786DFBDFF7B963BE7DC3B991B2B6D7B676E9D1432BC5CCAEFE|
		|CE4969D6A75B75273AA7A265FB43755418F8FDEFEC385DC857CB968158CD54D2BB7|
		|443EB578636969776BCB58764A85DC8A73CD2EE76BB65316E1ACE3948C0D2B5FB0A|
		|A3BDB7625E0CD2F562CAB10F286A7EDE276CD2E17833C2BD5A79DA72AF6A69175AE|
		|5BD55C869258D59BBDB48D04BD2945E0711591D0843035D132C66C9D603E97B42C3|
		|D1B21F6C921A2095381245C5DAABA67A768A0CED45A401FB3A595D9413550399EAE|
		|0624E70A32036D6088D9DE0E8699339457E7BC529F22987E61DE51BCB559828FE36|
		|ABE246B130698629E4883267384F6E2671FE947BC0438472641C40B3E129E7DDB63|
		|F00973FA2933F58C29295E083EA175CE31BDC14C6598E659F01C53259F30EA11365|
		|54F3B3607CE323BD3608AD935C39CA7101DF0EDB8CB5AE21EB8C71CBF0F3E604E3C|
		|64BE24BF087C235DD2FBE6AE2833FE8B6DE2BF99C307E01F153D15220ADF287AD88|
		|D1E76A387BDE8613F7AD88F1EFAC9B707BE3DC8D7FB896B31F8195CE73CD33F99A9|
		|7F641ED3C4022DF7B1AFDAF74EF1B4D1F7E007F023F315D90DF0591103E8E928E58|
		|EE1FCC4902BFE85B9481842EF86EA8789EC8FCF81F3E0027378917DF6C97E043946|
		|90E3356963DEED70E518B471F00D7DCE24EC27A1BD256D0A79A7507703753750EFF|
		|45FB05EB8985F44E83B0CDC4963BEFE5F51C50B9AA7113B1DE55AAF6A87F7DB1D6C|
		|8CEB53D7151B4794AC7678AF85F494AF015264B3F2ED88F2BDA128F212674E0EF38|
		|E936B34A73FC98F868D94B7B97AC903FEC3AC4708D8E565B233D9CEBDD234BEDA34|
		|3EDF34FE0FF1A8CD84|

The things I sacrificed in this build were dark mastery(can't be in melee range, which is necessary for soul drain to work), melee defenses, and procs (damage yes, but damage that is required to forgo set bonuses like recharge and defense). I think the build I made here will have more recharge, more damage, more survivability, and more uptime of powers.

P.S. I apologize if I sound arrogant or condescending, that is not my meaning at all. I have simply made and played many many many many corruptors at this point and I am continually making builds for people here on the forums and so I have lots of experience with both builds and corruptors. I am also very tired because I have not slept. 

Thanks for taking the time to type up this response for me.

I'm still getting back into the game and am definitely learning Mids still. I can now clearly see what your talking about with the recharge and animation times. 

I'm going to do some moving around and try your build out! Thanks for the build and the time @Darkir

• 1 month later
On 4/18/2021 at 5:43 AM, Crystal87 said:

So, how is this ice/cold corruptor at 50? should i reroll as defender ice/cold, blaster?

THis is a monster in Incarnate Trials.  It may not be the "Damage Guy" as one of the many Blasters on the League will be wilting crowds with their epic DPS.  But the AoE debuffs are gold.

The real power in the ice cold is the cold dominations Benumb, sleet, and heat loss. Sleet and Heat Loss are both AoE -Resistance powers.  You could be on a 6 team League (as in RWZ Mothership raid) and every member of your league will benefit from you softening up the area.  2/3 team incarnate Trials also love AoE -resistance.  While Blasters will out damage a Corruptor those debuffs crack open the armor on enemies and increase the entire Leagues overall kill speed.  ITF?  Fuggedaboutit.  Those Romans run screaming to get into the AoE kill zones you create.  Real polite too, they stand there in the cold while your teammates mop them up.

Edited by Snarky

• 1 month later
On 2/13/2021 at 10:41 AM, Snarky said:

Shields.  I hate solo buffing.  Not dislike.  Hate.  From my cold little Hatey Heart.

I know I'm responding to something from a few months ago, but curious what you mean by 'solo buffing' here? The Ice Shields (and shields from all the other shield sets) are no longer single target buffs, they hit everyone in a substantial range of the primary target when used. One click and you can hit an entire league. Unless you meant something else by solo buffing? Frostwork, definitely a single target buff skill still. 

The Alphabet Bunnies
Currently Building: Dark/Fire Tanker, Merc/Time MM

50 Bunnies: Alpha Bunny (Il/Rad Controller) Beta-Bunny (FF/BR Defender) Gamma-Bunny (Seismic/Stone Sent) Epsilon Bunny (Spines/Invul Scrapper) Theta Bunny (Willpower/Axe Tanker) Zeta Bunny (DB/EnA Stalker) Lambda Bunny (Bio/SvgM Tanker) Xi Bunny (Stone/Stone Stalker) Sigma Bunny (SR/KM Tanker) Upsilon Bunny (Shield/DM Tanker) Chi Bunny (Fire Farmer Brute) Omega Bunny (Claws/Ninja Scrapper) F - araday Bunny (Elec/Elec Defender)
50 Non-Bunnies: Darboux (Crab Spider) Invisible Icicle (Ice/Bio Stalker) Cooling-Tower (Rad/Ice Tanker) Ferrouscious Feline (Invul/WM Tanker) Bill the Yeti (SavM/Ice Stalker) Sally Salamander (Fire/MA Tanker) Blade Azure (Kat/EnA Scrapper) 

35 minutes ago, Oysterhead said:

I know I'm responding to something from a few months ago, but curious what you mean by 'solo buffing' here? The Ice Shields (and shields from all the other shield sets) are no longer single target buffs, they hit everyone in a substantial range of the primary target when used. One click and you can hit an entire league. Unless you meant something else by solo buffing? Frostwork, definitely a single target buff skill still. 

i honestly did not know that.  throwing our giant league buffs is something every incarnate does.  still, not what like to be focused on.  In fact, even though the debuffing on Cold is insane I have moved on to Blasting, working with Cold and Dark right now.  I prefer DPS to just about anything else.