Autoselect non-choices

One of the things I have noticed when exiting missions, particularly in Atlas Park, is that you'll get a "choice of zones" pop up listing, say, AP1, AP2, and AP3 -- but AP 1 and 2 are both full, leaving AP3 as your only choice -- but you still have to click on the one non-full zone instance. It's a minor QoL thing, but if, when you hit the "exit" button after completing a mission -- or, indeed, anywhere you get a prompt to select which instance of a single zone you want to enter -- if the list of instances only has one that you can enter, the others being full, you automatically enter the open zone instead of getting a list of all the instances of the zone that you have to pick from

I'm going to disagree with the majority here and say no. While there are times that it would be nice there are also times when it would cause problems. The most common example is when people are running raids in either The Hive or The RWZ. In those cases people are often repeatedly trying to enter the zone for the express purpose of seeing if the instance that the raid is happening in has room or not. Forcing them to zone into another copy of the instance each time they check is making things more problematic for them.

Defender Smash!

I'm going to disagree with the majority here and say no. While there are times that it would be nice there are also times when it would cause problems. The most common example is when people are running raids in either The Hive or The RWZ. In those cases people are often repeatedly trying to enter the zone for the express purpose of seeing if the instance that the raid is happening in has room or not. Forcing them to zone into another copy of the instance each time they check is making things more problematic for them.

Adeon - is this an issue for  when you are exiting a mission?  Or just moving between zones? For the former I don't see an issue, and especially if you are trying to leave a mission in a hurry (bad guys after me) you don't need extra prompts slowing you down.

When it comes to zoning or the tunnel/monorail/etc, it doesn't really bother me that much to have to select something and I can even see where it autoselecting for you causes problems

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

While I'd love for it to just place me, I'll have to point out that this would affect people trying to be on the same map for say missions or silly stuff like the CCs.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Adeon - is this an issue for  when you are exiting a mission?  Or just moving between zones? For the former I don't see an issue, and especially if you are trying to leave a mission in a hurry (bad guys after me) you don't need extra prompts slowing you down.

When it comes to zoning or the tunnel/monorail/etc, it doesn't really bother me that much to have to select something and I can even see where it autoselecting for you causes problems

Yeah it would be fine for exiting missions but not for general use.

Defender Smash!

While I'd love for it to just place me, I'll have to point out that this would affect people trying to be on the same map for say missions or silly stuff like the CCs.

How it would it affect you if you are trying to exit a mission?

I know tone is lost on forums, so to be clear, I am really just asking, not challenging...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Yes; this is primarily for cases where you're leaving an instance and going to a zone map. Ideally, this would be a flag under Options, something like "Auto-Select Single Open Zone", that would control whether you would automatically be sent to a specific zone instance if it was the only one in the list that wasn't full, then you could have it both ways -- turn it off for trying to get into a mothership raid, or Hami raid, or a specific AP instance for a CC, and flip it on for mission running if you don't want to be bothered with an exit menu.

I know tone is lost on forums, so to be clear, I am really just asking, not challenging...

I doubt leaving an instanced mission and traveling from one public zone to another are really treated any differently by the game "under the hood."

I doubt leaving an instanced mission and traveling from one public zone to another are really treated any differently by the game "under the hood."

May or may not be...I've been surprised many times at how things I thought were easy were hard, and vice versa.  But since I don't know, suggesting it seems like a good first step...  As the OP said, on thing it could be to make it an option you could turn on/off as needed

• 1 month later

+1

I agree that it should be an option in settings, for folks who want to use zoning as a way to see if a given instance has opened up. Or perhaps some kind of alt-click thing.

Also, perhaps related, but if there are multiple viable options, perhaps a setting so that the entire team goes to wherever the team leader selected? That way we don't have the cascade of "wait, which zone are we going to?" while half the team is stuck on loading screens.

Also, perhaps related, but if there are multiple viable options, perhaps a setting so that the entire team goes to wherever the team leader selected? That way we don't have the cascade of "wait, which zone are we going to?" while half the team is stuck on loading screens.

This becomes problematic when the team leader doesn't zone first. Do you just accept the possible split? Make the first person to zone select the instance for the team? Leave team members in limbo until the team leader zones?

This becomes problematic when the team leader doesn't zone first. Do you just accept the possible split? Make the first person to zone select the instance for the team? Leave team members in limbo until the team leader zones?

So maybe what I'd do is put something under Prompts in Options like "Prompt on team zone" (or something phrased better). Disabled by default. If enabled, then when the first teammate exits the mission, you get a prompt that says something like "So-and-so has traveled to Steel Canyon South 2, do you want to follow?" If you click [Yes] it zones you to Steel Canyon South 2. If you click [No] you stay put and can zone on your own. So it will take some team communication to maybe pick a designated "zoner," but it could be done.