Activating all Armor Toggles

arthurh35353

Would it be too hard or just too amazing that purely defensive only toggles (not buffs/debuff) toggles be allowed to activate all at once? I swear that I could hear the joyous weeping of Tankers, Brutes and Scrappers everywhere breaking out if they could make one super-macro of turning on all toggles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

No, the party to avoid making the game more auto for cream puff players has spoken.

And yet did not provide anything constructive or usefully critical. And I know I'm not the only one that would be happy with a slightly easier way to activate all of those toggles.

If you aren't here to do either of those things, why are you in Suggestions and Feedback? You did not offer suggestion or any useful feedback.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

And yet did not provide anything constructive or usefully critical. And I know I'm not the only one that would be happy with a slightly easier way to activate all of those toggles.

If you aren't here to do either of those things, why are you in Suggestions and Feedback? You did not offer suggestion or any useful feedback.

If you can't read, why do you post?

It is trivial to write a macro or bind to bring up all toggles in a matter of seconds.
I'd say that's a pretty productive, useful comment. But here, have another:

It's almost as trivial to write a bind set that makes toggles and click powers essentially perma.

You're welcome.

Sorry some of us more experienced players and community members think the devs have better things to do than completely reconfigure the command processing structure because you are impatient or think it would be kewl or somehow think powers are too weak and slow in this game.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 3

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, arthurh35353 said:

The "About This Forum" post contains all manner of useful information - including the statement that players are allowed to disagree with and dislike ideas.

• Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

2 hours ago, arthurh35353 said:

Whether on the internet or in real life people are going to disagree with you. That doesn't mean that they're bad people or that they have a hidden or vile agenda. Usually it just means that they disagree with you.

The best advice that I can give you is that life will be much easier if you get used to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

*shrugs* It's not a huge issue either way (And I'm saying that as the player with a raft full of Willpower characters. 😝 ), but an "all on" slash command or something wouldn't be a horrible addition to the game. I certainly wouldn't consider it "dumbing down" the experience to cater to "creampuff players". 

I mean, seriously... It's just not that huge a change. Keep some perspective, guys.

• Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

8 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

*shrugs* It's not a huge issue either way (And I'm saying that as the player with a raft full of Willpower characters. 😝 ), but an "all on" slash command or something wouldn't be a horrible addition to the game. I certainly wouldn't consider it "dumbing down" the experience to cater to "creampuff players". 

I mean, seriously... It's just not that huge a change. Keep some perspective, guys.

Allowing a function to fire all those powers at once is a wholesale change to power activation coding, which would lead to unintended consequences, such as autofiring multiple attacks, or worse. 🆘🤯😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

It might be a back-end challenge to get right, yeah... but it's not one of those SUperDooperBadWrongPowerCReepDUmbingDownOMGWTFBBQ. kind of suggestions that might deserve bringing out the knives. 

I don't think I was; I resent being attacked for not mindlessly cheering an idea.

Since there is a workaround that's 99% of this change, I can't give it a thumbs-up just to suit a minority of players who build toggle-heavy alts and then don't like it. I have a pretty strong idea that it's NOT a trivial task and COULD break the whole command structure as SwitchFade suggests, pushing it even further down the list of things the Devs should spend time on.

I find the one-bind and auto-bind methods to work just fine on my toggle-driven alts. An all-up command... just feels like an exploit to me.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

14 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

The "About This Forum" post contains all manner of useful information - including the statement that players are allowed to disagree with and dislike ideas.

I was not actually wanting people to make this a cheer section, but just 'no' with basically nothing as a response other than 'this isn't broke, don't fix' is not useful for feedback.

And here in feedback, that seems to be the only response I get 90% of the time. So it pissed me off a little bit. (And I took a self imposed break from the forums.)

But back to the idea of making life less annoying by having to click less toggles, what would people think if you clicked your first choice in armor toggles it actually activates all non-offensive armor toggles and Tough/Weave?

And if you click Maneuvers or Assault it activates the other two leadership toggles?

1 minute ago, arthurh35353 said:

I was not actually wanting people to make this a cheer section, but just 'no' with basically nothing as a response other than 'this isn't broke, don't fix' is not useful for feedback.

I think you completely fail to grasp the point of "forums," "feedback" and "useful."

I think all toons should be turned into 8-foot pink bunnies with the Candy Cane power set... let's have that mass cheer!

And here in feedback, that seems to be the only response I get 90% of the time. So it pissed me off a little bit.

You have to grasp the difference between "Chee, woudn't this be nice" and "I think the game sucks unless [this change] is implemented... who's with me?" You apparently don't; every one of your ideas should send the devs into burning midnight oil to achieve. You seem to have a similarly weak grasp of JUST HOW MUCH EFFING WORK many of these changes involve... from unpaid developers.

You might want to think about that as WHY your suggestions get poor responses... they are often both niche/unreasonable AND involve major code surgery. No, you're not going to get a lot of cheering. If you can't deal with negative (and almost always quite civil) responses... well, maybe you're in the wrong forums.

But back to the idea of making life less annoying by having to click less toggles, what would people think if you clicked your first choice in armor toggles it actually activates all non-offensive armor toggles and Tough/Weave?

And if you click Maneuvers or Assault it activates the other two leadership toggles?

I gave you the solution you are looking for; it just isn't implemented in the way you are demanding. I tap U three times and all three Leadership toggles are up, about as fast as I could click one /alltogglesup macro. Too slow? Use the auto-fire bind set and you'll never have a toggle down nor need to click one again, along with all your click-fire powers.

Happy to hear why that's not good enough, given that you could have it implemented in fifteen minutes, it involves no Dev time already loaded with much more critical issues, and doesn't have the chance of breaking or destabilizing the game.

• Thanks 1

People who've been on the forums for awhile are just saying that this would likely be a huge amount of work for something that has almost no real benefit.

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
Unnecessary snark.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

25 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

People who've been on the forums for awhile are just saying that this would likely be a huge amount of work for something that has almost no real benefit.

I've been on the City of Heroes and here forums since closed beta, so please don't talk like I'm new to City of Heroes. While you may think this is no big thing, missing a toggle when you are rezzing after a wipe is not 'no benefit'.

Heck, seconds of less aggravation after getting toggles dropped by death or end drains is not 'no real benefit'.

Less annoying is not 'no benefit'.

18 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

I've been on the City of Heroes and here forums since closed beta, so please don't talk like I'm new to City of Heroes. While you may think this is no big thing, missing a toggle when you are rezzing after a wipe is not 'no benefit'.

Heck, seconds of less aggravation after getting toggles dropped by death or end drains is not 'no real benefit'.

More afkarena, simplified, no tactics required, no consequences, no thought game mechanics are definitely no benefit.

Also, breaking the game code is also no benefit.

No vote.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

1) I wasn't trying to talk to you as if you were new to City of Heroes. I was simply making a statement.

2) Don't get all offended that I wasn't recognizing your veteran status. I had no way of knowing that.

3) I said "no real benefit", but what I should have said was "not enough of a benefit to be worth the amount of work."

4) I have a number of tanks and scrappers and I have a keybind on all of them to activate all of their toggles. So I do understand how annoying it can be.

5) If you say something in a public forum people are going to respond, and some of those responses will disagree with you. If people are disagreeing with you a lot, as you stated in a previous post, perhaps you should consider the possibility that your ideas aren't good ones.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

More afkarena, simplified, no tactics required, no consequences, no thought game mechanics are definitely no benefit.

Also, breaking the game code is also no benefit.

No vote.

And so we should all be playing on Rebirth with no Quality of Life improvements? Why are you here then?

That is an assumption that it would break the code. It may not be simple of feasible, but saying any change breaks the code is just kind of lazy in argument.

35 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

And so we should all be playing on Rebirth with no Quality of Life improvements? Why are you here then?

That is an assumption that it would break the code. It may not be simple of feasible, but saying any change breaks the code is just kind of lazy in argument.

Hyperbole and straw men need not apply.

• Like 2